Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Expected 22,500 tomorrow!

Think they are expecting 23,000 now which isn''t at all bad considering its just after Xmas, on a Sat night plus on tv

I''m well looking forward to it. It''s only cup games and U21s where my two grandsons can sit together. And I get to sit with them.[:)] Should be a good atmosphere too with so many of the whingers staying away[;)] 

Loved it today and we had a taste of life without the non-renewers, angry booers and sour faced wasp chewers. It was good ☺

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I wonder if Town will get a third of that ?[/quote]
Scum got 12000 to see their almost full strength side get dumped out by Sheffield United''s reserves. What a shame.
Probably worth another star on the shirt for getting over 50% of our attendance though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Loved it today and we had a taste of life without the non-renewers, angry booers and sour faced wasp chewers. It was good ☺[/quote]Glad you and the family had a lovely evening Nutty.Normal service to resume on the 20th. [:D]

Underlines the farce that is current reporting of attendances at league matches. If there were 23,600 there today, given that there were less spaces than at recent games, the actual attendances at recent games have been very much less than 23,000. Indeed 26,000 reported attendances overstates things by 3- 4,000. Worrying times unless the season ticket holders renew without intention of attending unless we''re winning.

The attendances look spot on to me. If anything I thought today''s attendance looked understated. I don''t see many spare yellow seats where I sit in the Upper Barclay. Millwall looked a sellout with only about a 1000 of their fans.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Underlines the farce that is current reporting of attendances at league matches. If there were 23,600 there today, given that there were less spaces than at recent games, the actual attendances at recent games have been very much less than 23,000. Indeed 26,000 reported attendances overstates things by 3- 4,000. Worrying times unless the season ticket holders renew without intention of attending unless we''re winning.[/quote]

That’s why we booed.

Except when we were winning.

I wait outside till we score. Prefer to be sitting on the wall. Don’t want them counting me if I’m not bleedin happy. Shysters, no offence!

The ground looked fuller than in several recent games where the gate was quoted at 26k.

[quote user="ricardo"]The ground looked fuller than in several recent games where the gate was quoted at 26k.[/quote]

Absolutely! If the 23,600 yesterday was an ‘actual’, I’d take a guess there at <22k at the Brentford game- there were areas of empty seats all round the ground.

[quote user="ricardo"]The ground looked fuller than in several recent games where the gate was quoted at 26k.[/quote]

Absolutely! If the 23,600 yesterday was an ‘actual’, I’d take a guess there at <22k at the Brentford game- there were areas of empty seats all round the ground.

The infamous Block A in the lower Barclay was much more sparsely filled than what it is usually for League matches!

While it''s well documented that Norwich''s ATT figures count all tickets sold, not those who actually turn up, I think people exaggerate what they think is the actual crowd!

I doubt any of our League crowds (again those actually turning up!) have gone under 24,000.

People forget that the capacity of Carrow Road is 27,200 so even 3000 less on the capacity would be very noticeable.

To put it in perspective the City stand without the corners holds about 3200 while the Barclay and River End lower tiers holds under 3500.

Also yesterday against Chelsea, the segregation between home and away fans was much wider than is normally the case for League games so that would of taken many more seats out of use and therefore reducing the useable capacity!

I don''t understand people''s misunderstanding of the attendance figures - the standard is to show tickets sold, rather than people there, hence they call it the ''official league attendance''. It makes perfect sense as a sold ticket can''t be sold again and is therefore assumed to be used - but you could in turn theoretically have next-to-no one turn up and an official attendance of 20k. The seat next to me in the upper Barclay has been empty almost every game this season but has been sold so will count in the figures.

We did have a period where the % was given, and if memory serves it was usually around mid 90s which does suggest there''s often anything around a thousand or so seats unused where the tickets were sold (if the attendance is 26000 at 95% the real figure is 24700).

For a cup game, the issue of unused seats is far less an issue as s/t holders have to buy their ticket and are far less likely to buy and not use. It does mean that you do get a ''truer'' figure and it''s not unreasonable to think there may have been more people there yesterday than for the odd league game - but using Brentford as an example, there were only odd seats here and there on sale the day before the game, hence the attendance being as high as it was.

The trendy stadium entrance door/turnstile electronic ticket reader thingy that goes green when you stick your ticket in when entering the stadium.......Well, doesn''t that electronically link with all the other electronic ticket reader thingy''s in the other stadium turnstile entrances?

Then the collated information from the electronic ticket reader thingy''s should give an actual and true reflection/figure of the actual attendees inside the stadium.....rather than just tickets/seats sold or whether folk actually turn up or not?.......

Or do those electronic ticket reader thingy''s just indicate ''go or no go'' to the steward monitoring the entrance/turnstiles - and doesn''t therefore actually send a signal to an electronic centralised hub that will count all the green lights and those who''ve actually bothered to turn up?.....

kingsway - the section of block A closest to the wall never went on sale for this one, it was blocked out on the online ticketing from the start. Presumably the people who were in there had tickets further along and moved over. Not sure what the reason was - maybe a one-off closure order by the SAG.

Yes interesting, wonder what the reason was?

Like I said it was very sparsely filled which would have contributed to the 23,000, a decent crowd considering they never went on general sale!

Would have been a near sell out if the club had let anyone have tickets!

Was chatting to someone this morning who regularly gets invited to a Company Hospitality Box. The same Company has it for every League home game for which they pay £850 plus VAT a game. Like season ticket holders they have the option to have it for FA Cup games. NCFC wanted the same price even though everbody else was getting a reduced price ticket so consequently they told the Club to shove it.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The trendy stadium entrance door/turnstile electronic ticket reader thingy that goes green when you stick your ticket in when entering the stadium.......Well, doesn''t that electronically link with all the other electronic ticket reader thingy''s in the other stadium turnstile entrances?

Then the collated information from the electronic ticket reader thingy''s should give an actual and true reflection/figure of the actual attendees inside the stadium.....rather than just tickets/seats sold or whether folk actually turn up or not?.......

Or do those electronic ticket reader thingy''s just indicate ''go or no go'' to the steward monitoring the entrance/turnstiles - and doesn''t therefore actually send a signal to an electronic centralised hub that will count all the green lights and those who''ve actually bothered to turn up?.....[/quote]

As has been said before. In the days following Chase''s departure the crowd figure was given as actual attendees. Gordon Bennett was intent on everything being crystal clear to the fans. However after a few years it was realised that we were at a disadvantage by doing this. Ipswich always announced tickets sold & were regularly getting 1000 more than us. In reality at that time both were getting the same attendances but the commercial dept found that advertisers etc would go south as that club had bigger gates. Hence the change to bring us into line with the rest of football.

The club will know the difference between the number of tickets sold and the number who actually go through the turnstiles on the day/night. The Finance, Catering and Commercial teams will be acutely aware if there are significant differences.

The reaction to the Brentford attendance announcement was as much about when it was announced (with 5 mins to go and we were 2-0 down, so lots of people had already left, therefore lots of obvious yellow seats on show). But even so, it was nowhere near the 26,725 recorded as the ''official'' attendance.