Sign in to follow this  
sxcanaree

Short Message for Nigel Worthington

Away from home, likely not to see loads of the ball, needing a bit of pace in the team on the break with no huckerby, up against Malky known for his strength and lack of pace.....

I was disappointed for Macca but not hugely surprised when I thought about it at 7.30pm last night.

Unless he could play central defence then I don''t think he could have helped in the first half.

[quote]Why[/quote]

take it you didnt go to the plymouth game

Mcviegh was our way foward, and he was that extra class we needed... and missed last night

its obvious he makes such a different, we lost 2-0 in the first half, but won 1-0 in the second and come damn close to drawing in the end. PLAY MCVEIGH

(play mcveigh, play mcveigh) << simple but effective chant to chant to worthy

[quote]take it you didnt go to the plymouth game Mcviegh was our way foward, and he was that extra class we needed... and missed last night its obvious he makes such a different, we lost 2-0 in the first...[/quote]

Yes I went to PLymouth game he was a little better than normal but was worse, than players in that postion last year.

One good cross hard and low rather than our normal floaters was the piece of class by Mcveigh all day, he is not class and we need more from a winger sorry AJ.

In the second half pumping balls long and he will never get on the end of one, his running off the ball is poor.

McVeigh is a classy player who provides a link with the midfield and Ashton. He is exceptionally quick, skillful and can pass and shoot well. He should be played in future.

[quote]McVeigh is a classy player who provides a link with the midfield and Ashton. He is exceptionally quick, skillful and can pass and shoot well. He should be played in future.[/quote]

My point exactly - against Plymouth he was the most intelligent player on the pitch.

His vision in reading the game and ability not to be caught by the offside trap meant that we were a much more solid outfit and our performance improved because of it.

OK when he is bad he is bad but when he is good he is very very good.

He left the field on saturday to a standing ovation followed by a couple of rousing choruses of "We love you Paul McVeigh" - what more do you want as acknowledgement of the fact that at the moment he is in form and keen. We may be paying a lot of money for Lisbie for a Month but that is no reason to break your one and only winning formula by dropping the form player!

OTBC