Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Quality performance

I watched on telly...AND thought it was a really good game.

Appreciate neutrals would’ve found it fairly unexciting but as Norwich fan it was great. We played with energy and passion which is my main requirement.

On top of that Maddison and Pritchard and Lewis showed some real class which put the Chelsea stars to shame. May have been their second team but ALL of them would be valued at £20m+.

If that’s not enough a defence that looked awful earlier in the season didn’t give Chelsea a sniff. Special mention to Zimmerman who when we signed him it was stated was only here for back up as championship was too big a step up for him!

If we could just add a quality striker who actually wants to be here and give his all (Oliveira is becoming an emabarrasment) then that team could definitely get us up.

Rock bus, am I missing something here, has Nelson said he wants to go then? All I’ve seen is Chinese whispers on here, and people getting themselves worked up about it until they believe it as fact. He’s still our best striker, whether he’s a bit hot headed or not doesn’t personally bother me at all - all I’m concerned about is seeing him return to his goal scoring best.

Yeah, it’s all rumour but Chris Sutton seemed pretty sure Oliveira had pulled out at last moment for the game yesterday.

Also his recent performances haven’t see him exactly given it his all. I’m also a bit bemused re alll these recent niggles, including yesterday’s. Players who really want to give their all for a team often manage to play through those types of things.

I couldn’t care about his temperament if he was really trying, forget that ..couldn’t careless what he does if he was scoring..but he’s not doing any of that!

If he pulled out then surely he wouldn''t have been on the bench?

As far as rumours go this one seems to make very little sense.

I watched it on BT - the commentator, Ian Darke (I think) said that they were informed that Oliveira was in the team earlier in the day but had a slight twinge so had pulled out. He went on to say that if he wasn''t fit then it was difficult to understand why was he on the bench.

Farke was asked by Sutton if it was his decision to not play him in the end- he said Nelson wanted to play but with some minor injury issues they didn''t want to risk him as we''re light up front,

Josh actually managed to hold the ball up better and link up play better than Oliveira which surprised me somewhat.

Simply proud of the team in yellow. Reasons to be cheerful number 34 : Lewis and Murphy.