Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Quality performance

We were excellent today,could have won it but congratulations for a great effort ,if only we had played liked that since the start of the season we would be in top six ,hopefully won''t sell too many players though

The last word I would use about this performance today is "quality". As usual it was totally lacking in our passing which simply comprised of tip tapping and retaining possession and getting absolutely nowhere. I do not recall one player creating a bit of space and then making a useful pass. Although Pinto found some useful positions out wide nobody passed to him and as usual the ball over the top was never played. We did not have a shot remotely on target.

It was a home cup tie against what everybody knew would be a reserve and largely uninterested opponents, yet we started without a striker and a seven man defence. Very poor tactics. Where was Jerome !!!

I thought we played well, and a creditable draw is a good result. Couldn’t fault the effort, and Chelsea were still a very strong team. If we were going to better them it was always going to be a single goal, so to keep them out kept us in the game.

[quote user="vos"]The last word I would use about this performance today is "quality". As usual it was totally lacking in our passing which simply comprised of tip tapping and retaining possession and getting absolutely nowhere. I do not recall one player creating a bit of space and then making a useful pass. Although Pinto found some useful positions out wide nobody passed to him and as usual the ball over the top was never played. We did not have a shot remotely on target.

It was a home cup tie against what everybody knew would be a reserve and largely uninterested opponents, yet we started

without a striker and a seven man defence. Very poor tactics. Where was Jerome !!![/quote]

Exactly this

We started without a striker on the pitch

What an idiotic thing to do at home , at Stamford bridge maybe but here jesus

Great effort today to a man. Shame we haven''t played like that at home all season and we would have been in and around the play-offs. Klose, Zimm and Hanley were magnificent. Similar line up I hope for Bristol City but with Oliveira.

You lot crack me up.We played in a similar manner to how we''ve played at home all season, looking solid defensively, keeping possesion and not creating much. Because it''s against Chelsea though you''re all creaming your pants saying what a great performance. When we did it against Burton the manager needed flogging.

It was a very good performance against quality opposition. Some people''s view of football seem stuck in the past. It''s a different game now and we need to move on.

It shows just how bad things have become whereby a performance that failed to trouble the opposing keeper is regarded as ‘quality’.

Football is all about winning, and you can’t win unless you score goals. So impotent have we become, that the only two out an£ out stickers in the squad are no longer deemed fit fo4 purpose.

No longer reliable for scoring goals, Norwich now put out a team containing eight defensive players so as not to concede.

With Pritchard and Maddison long gone before the start of next season, this current regime will have ensured that Norwich’s long earned reputation for good football and attacking intent will be firmly confined to the refuse bin, along with copious employees.

Seems to me one or two posters had already penned their negative threads prior to the match ending and are thinking of something else to moan about.Nice atmosphere in the ground today. I wonder why?

A draw against Chelsea is always a good result but they were there for the taking today. Had we have had any sort of a goal threat then we could well have been in the 4th round draw. A 3rd round cup tie at home against opposition who were not at full strength and underperforming, I would have expected to have put them under greater pressure, as it turned out we didn’t force their keeper into a save. Quality result, yes. Quality performance, No.

My god we have some miserable CNUTS as fans.

FFS enjoy a decent result against a top team instead of your snide remarks. 👍

Completely agree. Dreadful. That keeper was shocking and yet he barely got his hands warmed. No cutting edge or threat against a side full of reserves and injured players. No recognised striker and constantly sloppy in possession; we basically got a lesson off the team out under 18s beat a few years ago. How anyone can see this for anything except a damning indictment of our technical ability is beyond me.

Peterborough best Villa today and Coventry destroyed a team three leagues above them. We on the other hand are apparently delighted that we held Chelsea’s fourth or fifth choice team to a draw without having a shot on target. League Two looks beyond us at present and until the Stowmarket Two are chased out then that appears to be our lot in life.

Heads should roll.

Like Burton, so Chelsea too. NO SHOT ON TARGET! Did you get that? At a home match. NO SHOT ON TARGET! Piss poor.

[quote user="JF"]A draw against Chelsea is always a good result but they were there for the taking today. Had we have had any sort of a goal threat then we could well have been in the 4th round draw..[/quote]
The 4th round draw is on Monday at 7pm. Keep an eye out for ball 31, you might be in for a surprise.

Even I bothered to watch the highlights, instead of looking at the statistics on the BBC website.Josh has got pace, but really lacks awareness of what''s going on around him.

kick it off wrote the following post at 06/01/2018 10:03 PM:

JF wrote:

A draw against Chelsea is always a good result but they were there for the taking today. Had we have had any sort of a goal threat then we could well have been in the 4th round draw..

The 4th round draw is on Monday at 7pm. Keep an eye out for ball 31, you might be in for a surprise.

You know what I mean smart arse! They were beatable today, I highly doubt that they will perform that way again in the replay

[quote user="JF"]kick it off wrote the following post at 06/01/2018 10:03 PM:

JF wrote:

A draw against Chelsea is always a good result but they were there for the taking today. Had we have had any sort of a goal threat then we could well have been in the 4th round draw..

You know what I mean smart arse! They were beatable today, I highly doubt that they will perform that way again in the replay[/quote]
Agree they were beatable, but Chelsea are playing Arsenal in the league cup semis, midweek this week, and the week after they play us again, plus both weekends in the league. We''ll be up against a weakened team again presumably, and we gave Arsenal a hell of a fight at the Emirates. I''m not throwing the towel in for the replay just yet.

[quote user="Van wink"]Sadly Duncan your pejorative rhetoric is the reality for many, too many by far☹️[/quote]

I think we could beat the 80s Windies, 1970 Brazil, the Harlem Globetrotters and Frankel at the moment and people would still find a negative. Guess some people are just that way out.

Agreed, no booing today and everybody my end seemed pleased with the performance. TV watchers and non attenders not so much apparently.

How about treating us to a lincoln parody Duncan? The format is pretty simple: you start with several snide remarks about management, shift effortlessly into a series of negative observations irrespective of what actually happened on the pitch, and then sign off with e.g. "Not taking anything away from tonight though, we did at least manage to keep a clean sheet".