Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Acceptable Banter?

[quote user="Crossdressing Canary"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="KiwiScot"]This might sound a bit random, but I learned today that saying Chicks with Dicks is transphobic and you should just say woman or at most trans woman.[/quote]

I would just call them mentally ill.[/quote]

I do hope that''s a joke pal 😡😡😡[/quote]

If you climbed into a gorilla suit and claimed to be a gorilla and expected me to accept you as a gorilla, I would say you are mentally ill.

Such a contrary world now.

Funny that the Chinese don''t appear to complain about jokes about them.

I guess they just couldn''t care less what people say or think about them whereas the western world is now more than ever concerned about finding out about each other through social media and but paradoxically condemning people if they don''t agree with it.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="Crossdressing Canary"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="KiwiScot"]This might sound a bit random, but I learned today that saying Chicks with Dicks is transphobic and you should just say woman or at most trans woman.[/quote]

If you climbed into a gorilla suit and claimed to be a gorilla and expected me to accept you as a gorilla, I would say you are mentally ill.[/quote]

Climbing into a costume is not the same as being transgender. The fact that you have made this comparison is very alarming.

[quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="Crossdressing Canary"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="KiwiScot"]This might sound a bit random, but I learned today that saying Chicks with Dicks is transphobic and you should just say woman or at most trans woman.[/quote]

If you climbed into a gorilla suit and claimed to be a gorilla and expected me to accept you as a gorilla, I would say you are mentally ill.[/quote]

Climbing into a costume is not the same as being transgender. The fact that you have made this comparison is very alarming.[/quote]

So-called transgendered men climb into women''s clothes and claim that they are women when clearly biology tells us they are men. We share 99% DNA with gorillas but that 1% makes all the difference.

[quote user="Herman"]Are you still reading that Prison Planet bloke, RTB?[/quote]No, I am reading Walt Heyer, who describes himself as a transgender. Some statistics for you, as it is always better to argue with fcts raher than emotion. 90% of suicides are because of mental health issues, Unsurprising. In one study in the USA it was found that 41%  of so-called transgendered people had attempted suicide (wikipedia). While many studies suggest the rate of suicide attempts is around 30%.This figure is comparable with other mental illness categories. For example, schizophrenia carries a 20% risk.And when these people get their surgical reassignments and hormone replacements the rate of suicide drops to...It doesn''t drop. Even after treatment suicide rates remain the same.Which isn''t a surprise because the underling mental illness isn''t being treated.So while Mr. CrossDressing Canary gets a tad agressive in his response to me, by claiming that transgenderism is somehow normal behaviour he is denying psychiatric help to those who really need it, and 30% of whom will attempt to take their life. Now that is alarming.

......and Smith must score. wrote the following post at 04/01/2018 9:31 PM:

Rock The Boat wrote:

...... We share 99% DNA with gorillas but that 1% makes all the difference.

Except at Millwall.

Yep and we share 99.9% of our dna with all other human beings, apart from Rhubarb, who shares 99% of his dna with a banana.

Do you have any sources other than Walt Heyer, RTB? It''s a subject that I, and I guess a lot of people, are extremely ignorant about and it is better for all to be better educated about it. More education, less discrimination.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="Herman"]Are you still reading that Prison Planet bloke, RTB?[/quote]No, I am reading Walt Heyer, who describes himself as a transgender. Some statistics for you, as it is always better to argue with fcts raher than emotion. 90% of suicides are because of mental health issues, Unsurprising. In one study in the USA it was found that 41%  of so-called transgendered people had attempted suicide (wikipedia). While many studies suggest the rate of suicide attempts is around 30%.This figure is comparable with other mental illness categories. For example, schizophrenia carries a 20% risk.And when these people get their surgical reassignments and hormone replacements the rate of suicide drops to...It doesn''t drop. Even after treatment suicide rates remain the same.Which isn''t a surprise because the underling mental illness isn''t being treated.So while Mr. CrossDressing Canary gets a tad agressive in his response to me, by claiming that transgenderism is somehow normal behaviour he is denying psychiatric help to those who really need it, and 30% of whom will attempt to take their life. Now that is alarming. [/quote]

Internet Forums Or: A Reminder of How Rubbish & Warped People Can Be, A Little Bit of Empathy and Understanding Will Go a Long Way

I''m sure next week''s read will also be a study by a person telling other people how to live their lives, and if they aren''t a straight, white male then they''re living it all wrong.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]No, I am reading Walt Heyer, who describes himself as a transgender. Some statistics for you, as it is always better to argue with fcts raher than emotion. 90% of suicides are because of mental health issues, Unsurprising. In one study in the USA it was found that 41%  of so-called transgendered people had attempted suicide (wikipedia). While many studies suggest the rate of suicide attempts is around 30%.This figure is comparable with other mental illness categories. For example, schizophrenia carries a 20% risk.[/quote]You seem to be conflating suicide attempts with so-called mental illness. Taking this argument further, someone suffering from a chronic disease who had attempted suicide would hence be suffering from a mental illness (instead of a medical disease). Reductio ad absurdum.

“Yep and we share 99.9% of our dna with all other human beings, apart from Rhubarb, who shares 99% of his dna with a banana. “

What happened to I am a banana ?

I have it on great assurance from someone who consults transgenders that it is not hormones or biology as such.

It is the brain that makes someone transgender. Studies are being carried out to see if there is a way that the brain can be tricked into reverting to would should be appropriate to the body.

That is why there is a great deal of counselling before any surgery is warranted.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have it on great assurance from someone who consults transgenders that it is not hormones or biology as such.

It is the brain that makes someone transgender. Studies are being carried out to see if there is a way that the brain can be tricked into reverting to would should be appropriate to the body.

That is why there is a great deal of counselling before any surgery is warranted.[/quote]Even if any abnormalities could be reversed, there would surely be those who don''t want to be cured? Some seem to as happy as Larry (or Larissa!).

Even if any abnormalities could be reversed, there would surely be those who don''t want to be cured? Some seem to as happy as Larry (or Larissa!).

Not sure about that Len. I just asked what was the reason for this mix up in genders and why all of a sudden we are talking about schoolchildren wanting it.

Mello Yello" wrote] What happened to I am a banana ?

Did he get eaten by a bloke dressed in a Gorilla outfit?.....

Perhaps the transgender guy could shed some light on where the Banana is

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Even if any abnormalities could be reversed, there would surely be those who don''t want to be cured? Some seem to as happy as Larry (or Larissa!).

Not sure about that Len. I just asked what was the reason for this mix up in genders and why all of a sudden we are talking about schoolchildren wanting it.[/quote]My money is on the rise in chemical usage in the last century or so, eg plastics, pesticides, the birth control pill etc. I have heard stories of fish changing sex.Perhaps the authorities want to normalise gay and transsexual attitudes in order to hide the true source of the LBTG epidemic?

What a marvellous display of ignorance. I think you’ll find that Alexander the Great was as gay as a maypole. No plastics required. It’s nothing new.

[quote user="Bonzo"]What a marvellous display of ignorance. I think you’ll find that Alexander the Great was as gay as a maypole. No plastics required. It’s nothing new.[/quote]
I think this is discriminating against the maypole.