Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 11 Week 23

Welcome to Rays Funds,

supported by Asset Angels, Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus.

We have Rays Funds legend Yankee

Canary making the final selections of the six results for this first weekend in

2018. Yankee picked the first ever winning six way back in 2007. Since then he’s

got all six on four subsequent occasions proving Arrdee was right when he

called him our shrewdest PUP. Yankee’s also a former winner of our PUPs

league and is in top form this season with 18/22 82% winning picks at a

profitability of 3.25. In 11 seasons I can’t think of Yankee ever missing a pick.

That’s phenomenal over such a long period of time. We’re in the safest of safe

hands this week PUPs so let’s find Yankee some top ammunition from the games

played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend that are listed on Bill Hill or Bet 365

web sites.

For our FA Cup match against Chelsea

on Saturday we have Mr Apples making the final picks. Mr Apples is having his

best ever season this time with 17/20 85% winning picks at a profitability of

2.15. He has also won previously when making these final selections. Mr Apples,

who’s a top PUP and top poster with a great sense of humour, will be making the

selections late on Friday afternoon so be sure to get your suggestions in by

then. Mr Apples, you have a tenner to spend split how you like between the PUPs

selections and your own.

Have a look at the companies who support our work to

raise funds for the CSF and our wonderful Downe''s Syndrome Team of boys and

girls. We would like to say a massive thank you to: 
-

http://www.assetangels.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/assetangels

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

If any other companies out there would also like to

support our efforts, we''ll be happy to add you to our list of links on this

thread every week. 

The link below will take you to a look back at the

moments that shaped an incredible year for the CSF. You PUPs make a

huge difference helping to make these things happen.

https://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/news/2017-year-review/

So now I’ll hand

the thread over to Yankee and Mr Apples. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our

best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of

raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downes

Syndrome boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Clyde and Graham... the thread is

yours.......[:)]........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake

District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity, Diesel Doris, Lessingham

Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,2, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing

Sid, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £2308 for the Community

Sports Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2,

Crabbycanary,3, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary,2, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty,4, Feedthewolf,2,

Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,2, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,2, Molly Windley,

93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Cityangel, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2,

Graham Humphrey,2, Diesel Doris, Duncan Edwards,2, Legend Iwan,

YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,2, Cosmic Twin,2, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2,

I’m A Banana, ZLF, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs,

First Wazzock, Baldyboy, yes PUPs £1198 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with £2948

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships and donations we now have a total

of £8673 since we began of which £1878 is

already banked for the next presentation.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, text

Happy New Year everyone and many thanks to Nutty for the kind intro.This week I''m off to France in the cup with Marseille vs. Valenciennes (home win).For the City bet it''s a tricky one not knowing which teams they''ll put out so I''ll go for a draw HT/Chelsea FT.As Nutty said, I''ll be selecting between 4/5 on Friday so get those suggestions in!Best wishes and good luck to everyone.Apples

Avoiding the minefield that is the FA Cup 3rd Round, I''m heading for the Conference...

Macclesfield (Top, 16-6-6 38-26) v Solihull Moors (4th bottom, 6-5-17 26-45) - Home Win

For the match bet, a simple Both Teams To Score.

Best of luck Yankee, Mr Apples and all you PUPs.

Thanks Nutty for your usual kind words, although you were more than generous in not mentioning it''s been several years since I''ve had a win. 
Well, normally there''s a tendency for many of us to avoid the cup games because of uncertainty as to the player strength that different teams will adopt which increases the chance of upsets. However, rather than avoid it I think I will embrace it this week by sending Nutty an extra tenner so that we have two banks of six:
1 ) the "official" list which will be made up of non-cup games
2 ) a second list made up of only cup games
I realize this adds a degree of difficulty to our chances by separating them this way because it''s often tough enough for our selectors to hone in on the best six out of all Pups selections. Doing it in this manner means I have to end up with two lots of six when many of you may choose to avoid the cup. However, I''ll take what I get from you and make up the balance if I need to. 
Happy New Year to all of you wishing you health and happiness. As far as our team is concerned, remember, with a club like Norwich City, to the extent that some of you are disheartened, the "good" times will always return. 
Nutty, I will have the selections back to you by 10 p.m your time on Friday. Please advise if there is a problem with that. I will also send you a tenner during the next day or two.

A very good evening to you Nutty and good luck to Yankee,Apples and all you other lovely PUPs out there.The minefield that is the FA Cup and what could possibly go wrong for SPURS at home v AFC Wimbledon ?For the Norwich bet Chelski to win both halves.Off to Lanzarote first thing Saturday morning so won''t be around to place next weeks pick on here so will leave it here early Nutty.....An  AWAY WIN in the game Nantes v PSG.For the Norwich bet at Brizzle City H/T Draw F/T Brizzle City.

What looks like a classic attack vs defence coaching drill in Spain this week with the low scoring, but relatively low conceding Levante up against the fluid attacking might of Barcelona.

Just don’t think Levante can offer any genuine threat and, while they may hold out for a while, they will likely eventually lose against the overwhelming attracting pressure of the Blaugrana, so:

Barcelona vs Levante - Home win

As for the Cup game vs Chelsea, I think whatever we do we’ll lose, so suggest a specific bet of Norwich to be awarded a penalty. A bit of generous refereeing to dull the pain....hope I’m wrong...🤣😂👌

Parma

This week I''m looking for some value in the cup, wolves are on fire and will want a crack at the cup, Swansea will surely rest players after Xmas and wanting to stay in the premiership so I think a home win is on the cards

Wolves v Swansea - home win

For the Norwich bet how about over 2.5 goals

Good luck everybody

My pick this week is Leicester away win and for Norwich Jerome to score anytime

Anthony would like Man City home win and for Norwich 1-0 ( he''s still on the Xmas drinks lol )

Good Luck to my special friend Yankee who''s doing the picks and to the Mr Apples who I know will make us some cash this week.

Happy New Year Pups, hope you all had a great Xmas and look forward to seeing some of you at our ncfsc event on Jan 18th

Happy New Year everyone and let''s hope 2018 will see lots more money raised for those smashing youngsters.

Spain for me this week:

ATLETICO MADRID v Getafe HOME WIN

Good luck Yankee and all you Lovely Pups

For the Norwich bet H/T draw F/T Chelsea, Best of luck Mr Apples.

Avoiding the FA cup but still trying to find a bit of value I''m heading to Scotland and going with.......

St Mirren v Inverness....Home win.

All the best to the leg end that is Yankee and all my fellow pups this week.

In the Conference for me this week with Wrexham to beat bottom of the league Torquay at home.

For the Norwich bet, Chelsea to win 3-0.

Risking the FA Cup and I think Cardiff will beat Mansfield. Good luck Yankee!

For City''s game, Chelsea to field a weakened team, underestimate us and get beat 1-0. Good luck Apples.

League One in Scotland where second placed Raith Rovers entertain bottom club Forfar........Raith Rovers v Forfar.......Home win.

For our game.......Wes Hoolahan to score anytime.

Good luck Yankee and Mr A. [Y]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Thanks Nutty for your usual kind words, although you were more than generous in not mentioning it''s been several years since I''ve had a win. 
Well, normally there''s a tendency for many of us to avoid the cup games because of uncertainty as to the player strength that different teams will adopt which increases the chance of upsets. However, rather than avoid it I think I will embrace it this week by sending Nutty an extra tenner so that we have two banks of six:
1 ) the "official" list which will be made up of non-cup games
2 ) a second list made up of only cup games
I realize this adds a degree of difficulty to our chances by separating them this way because it''s often tough enough for our selectors to hone in on the best six out of all Pups selections. Doing it in this manner means I have to end up with two lots of six when many of you may choose to avoid the cup. However, I''ll take what I get from you and make up the balance if I need to. 
Happy New Year to all of you wishing you health and happiness. As far as our team is concerned, remember, with a club like Norwich City, to the extent that some of you are disheartened, the "good" times will always return. 
Nutty, I will have the selections back to you by 10 p.m your time on Friday. Please advise if there is a problem with that. I will also send you a tenner during the next day or two.
[/quote]
Thank you for your generosity Yankee. Makes sense to me to have a cup and league list. 10pm tomorrow night is fine too.
I''m off to sunny Spain for my pick..
Villareal          v          Deportivo De La Coruna          Home Win
For Mr Apples I''m going to suggest Josh Murphy to score Anytime.

I''m going for a home win for PAOK v. Levadiakos.

PAOK are W7 D0 L0 F17 A2 at home and Levadiakos are W1 D2 L4 F2 A7 away.

Good Luck, Yankee!

As for the Norwich bet ~ Both teams to score!

Good Luck, Mr Apples!

Heading Down Under this week (I wish!)...A Saturday morning offering from the A-League

Melbourne City (4th, P13 Pts19) v Wellington Phoenix (Bottom, P12 Pts7) - Home Win

Match bet - HT/FT Draw/Chelsea

Good luck all, especially Yankee and Mr Apples

Valencia look good value to win at home to Girona at 8/13.As for the Norwich match, with Chelsea''s reserves likely to be out and our propensity for patient play and low-scoring games, 14/1 looks outstanding odds for a goalless draw.Good luck everyone!

Good luck all, especially Yankee Canary & Mr Apples.

I''ve been useless of late but it looks like there are 3 potential draws in the Cup (Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Brighton) but I''m going for Leipzig to draw with Schalke (13/5); and

Pritchard (if he plays) to score anytime (4/1).

Hitting a mid season slump. AC Milan home win to Crotone is my suggestion

As for the city game the away win looks good at 2-1 on. But I think Chelsea to win both halves is my 9-4 suggestion

Scotland L1 for me this week also.I''m going for Ayr to win at home v Abroath.For City game, Norwich to be awarded a penalty....Good luck Yankee and Apples, may the force be with you both.OTBC

I''ll stick a pin in Plymouth, who appear to be in much better form than Bury

For the cup game, I fear it may be a bit of a drubbing as Chelsea may as well have a decent crack at the cup. I''d go for a high scoring Chelsea win, say 4-0.

Tricky week, but I’m going for a home win for MAN U v Derby in the cup.

For the match bet I am going to let my heart rule my head and go for a 1-0 win for City. Two reasons, I think we’re owed a bit of luck after almost beating Arsenal in the league cup and Chelsea have been a bit unreliable away from home, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with the picks!

Coalville to beat Sutton Coldfield (6/4).Norwich 0-3 Chelsea (9/1).Good luck pups!

Hello all, I hope the New Year has been kind to you thus far.

From this weekends games I''ll avoid the cup and head to Spain to back Las Palmas vs Eibar for an AWAY WIN.

Eibar sit 7th and have been in exceptional form over Christmas with 5 wins (and undefeated) in their last six games whilst Las Palmas sit bottom. Odds are currently a rather generous @2.75 for the away win, this isn''t a banker but it should go Eibar''s way.

For the Match bet, Chealsea to win 4-2 @ 41 might be worth 50p or something!

Three cup games that might be useful for Yankee.Israel: Maccabi Tel Aviv (top tier) to beat Bnei HaGolan (4th tier). Odds getting towards 1/20.France: Guingamp (top tier) to beat Niort (2nd tier). Odds around 8/13.France: Nantes (top tier) to win at Senlis (5th tier). Odds around 1/10.---For the NCFC bet, Trybull as an anytime goalscorer, at 15/2.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Three cup games that might be useful for Yankee.Israel: Maccabi Tel Aviv (top tier) to beat Bnei HaGolan (4th tier). Odds getting towards 1/20.France: Guingamp (top tier) to beat Niort (2nd tier). Odds around 8/13.France: Nantes (top tier) to win at Senlis (5th tier). Odds around 1/10.---For the NCFC bet, Trybull as an anytime goalscorer, at 15/2.[/quote]
Thanks for those Purple, although I will probably be avoiding those that have really short odds. Don''t forget to post your own selection...I''ve been waiting on it. Also, remember, you will have a tough time overhauling Cosmic Twin for the outright lead if she keeps picking winners with better odds than you choose. [:D]