Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Talented Squad?

Now is it just me but when I look at the current NCFC squad (including recent loan additions) all I can see is a whole bucket load of talent. How many clubs in this division would not want Green, Shackell, Huckerby, Safri, Ashton, Lisbie, Davenport, Marney & McKenzie - not many I would venture to suggest. Also the likes of Thorne, Hughes, Colin, Fleming, Drury, Charlton, McVeigh, Louis-Jean, Ward, Gallacher, Brennan and Doherty must also be regarded as decent squad players.

I cannot think of a more talented Norwich squad since the likes of Sutton, Goss, Bowen etc.

So why are the team performing sooooo badly?

I will make the point I have made countless times before on this forum (I know - yawn) but can anyone put their hand on their heart and say that there has been any significent improvement in the football being played over the last two years? If this is not happening then questions must be asked and I think it is likely that several players will vote with their feet and request to move on. I''m sorry but what sort of club does Calum Davenport now think he has come to? His performance last night oozed class - why will he want to stay? When Crouch & Huckerby came on loan we managed to acquire Hux and would have had Crouchie if there had been sufficient funds - he certainly liked it here and wanted to join. Are we likely to instill such desire in Lisbie and Davenport - I think not on current form.

I will make no comment on Mr Worthington''s decisions but there is something very wrong somehwere within the playing side of the club, that much is obvious. The vast improvement in Watford players who, man-for-man, you would not choose over the City players, cannot be down to luck - good coaching and man-management has got to have something to do with it.

I have defended worthington on numerous occasions on this board, but leaving out mcveigh last night!

come on, after a performance like that on saturday at the very least warranted a starting place against watford. So somthing is very wrong at the club at the moment, and those suggesting it is worthington are starting to look correct. he''s just not helping himself with those kinda team selections.

I''m still giving him more time, but anything less than an attacking and 100% performance against ipswich and i''m afraid the writing could well be on the wall for NIGEL WORTHINGTON.

Talented yes, but like England, having the best players/squad does not gaurantee results.

What we are missing, both on & off the pitch, is - motivation, desire, spirit, enthusiasm, ambition, responsibility, work rate, etc etc - the list is endless.

This is all basic stuff that is a crucial requirement in this league. Maybe our collection of "stars" still think they''re Premiership fancy dan''s.

[quote]I have defended worthington on numerous occasions on this board, but leaving out mcveigh last night! come on, after a performance like that on saturday at the very least warranted a starting place ag...[/quote]

Welcome to the Dark Side

I THINK THE COACHING STAFF NEED CHANGING NOT THE MANAGER .ITS SEEMS THAT THE COACHING IS OUT OF DATE AND WE NEED A CHANGE .IE-CORNERS HOW MANY DONT PASS THE FIRST MAN. PASSING  POOR YOU WOULD SEE BETTER PASSING ON THE PARK.

ALSO I FEEL THE WARM UP BEFORE THE GAME SAME OLD THING MUST BE BORING FOR PLAYERS TO DO THIS EVERY GAME.CHANGE IT .

ITS BORING.THIS DOESNT HELP THE PLAYERS .

WORTHY MUST LOOK AT HIS OWN COACHING STAFF AND SAY ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE.

[quote]I THINK THE COACHING STAFF NEED CHANGING NOT THE MANAGER .ITS SEEMS THAT THE COACHING IS OUT OF DATE AND WE NEED A CHANGE .IE-CORNERS HOW MANY DONT PASS THE FIRST MAN. PASSING POOR YOU WOULD SEE BETT...[/quote]

Welcome to the dark side too KOL.

It is about the coaching but Worthy is an integral part of the coaching team,  the three are inextricably linked and as they have ridden success together they must also take the blame together.

If worthy can reinstill some shape and discipline and move away from just lumping a long ball onto ashtons head or giving the ball to hux we have a chance of glory again. 

The long ball is doomed to failure if midfield isnot close enough to pick up the second phase ball and while hux is double marked and hasless impact why has worthy and the coaching staff not figured out how to exploit the space than extra defender has left behind.

The joy of sat was watching WLY ping the ball quickly and accurately into teh danger zone - he made the ball do the work and defeat defenders butintelliget football, something we have missed as the coaching staff got lazy and relied on and abused the two best players at the club. 

OTBC 

[quote]Welcome to the dark side too KOL. It is about the coaching but Worthy is an integral part of the coaching team, the three are inextricably linked and as they have ridden success together they must a...[/quote]

And what does Worthy do.................drop him!