Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Shrewsbury v Wet Spam

Morris has always struck me as a good out & out target man. His hold up play is excellent, he is relatively quick but he is not a goalscorer. If you can play him in a team where the goals come from wing, no 10s, midfield etc as he did in the youth team, he can be a very affective part of the unit. However I don''t see our fans understanding that the striker isn''t your main scorer. They could never get Robert Rosario but his teammates seemed to appreciate him.

I wasn''t comparing them as players but more as having similar attributes & weaknesses albeit at a different ability level. My point was that Rosario could not be described as prolific but he was essential to the side. He is now appreciated more than he was back then

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Morris has always struck me as a good out & out target man. His hold up play is excellent, he is relatively quick but he is not a goalscorer. If you can play him in a team where the goals come from wing, no 10s, midfield etc as he did in the youth team, he can be a very affective part of the unit. However I don''t see our fans understanding that the striker isn''t your main scorer. They could never get Robert Rosario but his teammates seemed to appreciate him.[/quote]

Agree with thisHurst asks him to play the hold up link role and Morris carries it out well, something that Salop fans appreciate even if some of ours don`t.I thought he was excellent in the air and having checked whoscored,com see that he won 10 aerial duels, Morrison for Millwall won 6 against us as a comparison.

I think if you want that focal point where the ball can stick up top for a while and lay off to the attacking players running on then Carlton does offer something. But I dont see him being a massive goal threat.

Saying that, Grant Holt.

Rubbish, I loved Robert Rosario he was one of my favourite players and is also worth noting he was in a team challenging at the top of the football league,

oh i remember i never really got him i remember telling my Glasgow rangers cousin how terrible he was so when he came down on holiday i took him to a game yes you guessed it Rosario scored goal of the season my cousin went back to Glasgow thinking he had seen the best striker ever !! Rosario is always mentioned in his part of Glasgow when i arrive !!

Morris kept Shrewsbury''s top scorer out of the team on Sunday. Paul Hurst is a manager with a growing reputation. surely this says more than fans like myself who have seen 70 odd minutes on the telly.

All players have strength and weaknesses the secret is for a manger to spot each one and build a good team. no al number 9''s have to be the same.