Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Shrewsbury v Wet Spam

Godfrey''s showing a lot of promise, you wouldn''t know he''s a 19 year old playing against a Premiership side.Not sure about Morris to be honest. Is he Championship quality?

Icecream Snow wrote the following post at 07/01/2018 2:52 PM:

Godfrey''s showing a lot of promise, you wouldn''t know he''s a 19 year old playing against a Premiership side.

Not sure about Morris to be honest. Is he Championship quality?

Godfrey looks the part but on this showing I don’t think Morris will be the answer to our attaining problems

Will miss Tettey if he leaves but a midfield two of Trybull and Godfrey next season could be decent.

Aye, he''s shown enough today, and from most reports I''ve read, that he will be a brilliant addition to our squad. Carlton doesn''t seem to have pregressed that much sadly.

Looking forward to singing the Ben Godfrey / "September" song next season. #Oh-oh-oh, we''ve got Benny Godfrey#

Morris has fed off scraps to be fair. Has held the ball up well and worked hard, and Danny Murphy has given him praise. As well as making Godfrey MotM!

Worth remembering that Jacob Murphy was very far away from being first-team ready before a season in the lower leagues helped him evolve into a player that was worth £12 million.

At the moment we''re sieve-like without Tettey and Trybull, so Godfrey more than likely would be on the bench for the majority of the time. Better that he gets 90 minutes every week, learning the game.

Godfrey deservedly motm, the most important thing for him is playing first team football week in week out, he''s developing so quick and I wouldn''t want that stifled by sitting on the bench behind tettey and trybull playing every now and again.

Thought Carlton played ok, held the ball up quite well with his strength but isn''t the most mobile player, could do with being 6 inches taller really, be surprised if much of his career is played higher than league 1 level.

Godfrey clearly looks the part. It''s all about opinions I know, however, I think a few of you are being premature in your judgment of Carlton Morris. He has just turned 22, he''s a good size, and he clearly had to put himself about on the wings as well as down the middle. If we have a good group of players coming together over the next season or two and Morris learns a bit more guile, I think he could be formidable down the middle.

Godfrey looks like he could play at any level today looked best player on pitch we might not even see him play here i feel he is that good

Morris today reminded me of jerome all work with little goal threat maybe harsh as service was not great and first time i watched him for a while

99.9% of Norwich fans didn''t rate Harry Kane - so i wouldn''t read too much in to the Morris analysis. I thought he looked a handful against a PL team!

Harry Kane was 3 years younger when here on loan, when he was Carlton''s age he scored 21 premier league goals in 34 games, Carlton has scored 4 goals in 23 appearances this season playing for a team near the top of league 1, if you think there is any comparisons other than they both wear a football kit for their job you need your head looking at, there is only two and half years difference in age, Just like the Murphy boys our fans talk about Morris like he''s still a kid, he''s 22 now so I''d be inclined to say he''s just about found his level, this could change of course but highly unlikely.

@DDD

Yeah I''d agree with that- at 22 you need to be producing something and Morris has never managed to even get to double figures in goals even playing at League One or Two level.