Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If you were Pritchard ......

@Clint

He owes us nothing. The lack of playing time was down to Alex Neil refusing to use him last season. If he''d have been sacked in December when he should have been I''d wager Pritchard would have started more games.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]

If it was a straight up choice, I''d rather we kept Pritchard over Maddison. He''s more effective.[/quote]I wouldn''t swap any of Maddison''s goals and overall contribution for Pritchard''s.  Both excellent, but Madders is younger, has top quality delivery from dead ball situations and I think will have a more spectacular career than AP.  His sensational fee kick against Rangers to win the match with the last kick of the game whilst on loan proved his pedigree - and this season his goals have been superb.  Even in the short time he has been in the team, one of my all time favourite players to watch in a yellow shirt.

[/quote]

Pritchard does it more in the right areas. He''s very direct too. Maddison can be direct, but prefers generally to play from deep.

In open play, Maddison can sometimes be ineffective, but this can be masked by neat touches or a fancy turn. Only sometimes mind, and completely understandable given his relatively young age.

Maddison has scored some crackers and has a great delivery, but I''d put money on that over the course of a season based on current ability, Pritchard scores and creates more than him.

Look at what Pritchard has produced in such a short time since injury. And don''t forget the last few months of last season.

The lads dynamite. I wish the club would tell him to stay until the summer. After all he was prepared to play for us for the season back in the summer. The club should be strong and take a gamble. If Pritchard and Maddison carry on this form for the rest of the season, who knows what could happen.

The thing that annoys me about it is we will prob sell for £11m-12m. Hudders will eventually sell him either after another season in the prem/championship and fetch £25m-£30m such is the joke of our club and negotiating transfers. Its January not the Summer. Make clubs pay inflated prices for players

Pritchard will be off before the week is out, and Maddison will be gone in the summer. Once Klose and Tettey exit the door we will have a squad barely good enough to compete in next season’s relegation battle.

The future looks bright.

Yeah. Just 12 million for the best young English player outside of the Premier League would be ridiculous, especially considering he has 2 and a half years left on his contract. 

It''s a tough decision on who I''d rather keep and who I''d rather sell.

In terms of potential, Maddison certainly has a bright future. Although I''m not one of these that thinks he''ll have a great England career, he''s only had half a season in the Champs and things can quickly change. (Andros Townsend is the first that springs to mind, although the list is endless)

But I think Pritchard is dynamite. The City vs Brentford game a couple of seasons back where he came and ran the show was a game I won''t forget. He was brilliant. Same goes for the Brighton game at the end of last season, it was the Pritchard show and outclassed every player on the pitch.

I''d take a fully fit Pritchard over Maddison at this point, if we''re after results. If we''re thinking cash and potential sale value, I''d keep Maddison.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Yeah. Just 12 million for the best young English player outside of the Premier League would be ridiculous, especially considering he has 2 and a half years left on his contract.  [/quote]

Agreed, but I can''t see it being much more than that up front from a club like Huddersfield. The fee itself might be much higher of course in the long run with add-ons etc.

It''s a no brainer for Pritchard.

He can either play for club that''s in the EPL, or stay at a club that doesn''t want to be there.

Is your wife very short ?

Short of cash, short of humour, short of patience, need I go on. Most on here are married.