Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If you were Pritchard ......

......would you go to Huddersfield ?

Premier League at the moment but for how long ?

Not as big a fan base as ours !

More wages but not that much, surely better offers elsewhere ?

Is there more chance of us going up than Huddersfield coming down ?

If I was Pritchard I’d hang on for a better club !

Huddersfield are doing okay at the moment to be fair. Depends how desperately he wants to play in the Prem as to whether he''ll wait. They''re a nice club and it''s likely he''ll play there as opposed to going to a bigger side and bench warning.

However, let''s be realistic, if he doesn''t leave in Jan it''s likely he''ll leave in the summer anyway. We are not going up this year, not a hope in hell of that happening now.

He cannot lose by going. If it goes toes up he will have a decent pl contract. If it goes well he has a platform to show his skills and move onto better than Huddersfield. No prospect of glory in the short term at Norwich the fan base thing is largly irrelevant its all about being in the shop window in a short career

I wa thinking the same earlier.

Yes it''s inevitable that Pritchard will leave at some point either in this window or the summer but I''d be surprised if he goes to Huddersfield.

After a good start they are sinking down towards the bottom and if they do go down he is back where he started but with a much smaller club. I can see him going somewhere like West Ham or even Bournemouth/Brighton over Huddersfield. If he is to go let''s hope for a few people fighting for him and a silly £15m+ fee.

Maybe we can offer a buy Pritchard get Naismith and Jarvis free deal!

It''s always a tricky one - if it were me, with all due respect to Huddersfield I would probably hold out for better if I had faith in my ability, whether it was this window or the next. Going to them could well ''typecast'' him as a lower PL player, not that there''s anything wrong in that in terms of ££.

It’s a short career, he’s had his fair share of injury worries and knock backs. I’d probably go in all fairness. What has he got to lose? We are nowhere near getting back to the prem. easy route back for him to a team that will probs survive this season and a sweet pay rise.

He''s already missed one season in the PL because he joined us rather than Brighton. Staying here will almost certainly mean that he will miss another because the chances of us going up are remote to say the least.He''s now coming up to 28 so would he want to turn down the chance of playing in the PL for the rest of this season, and possibly beyond, or stay here and maybe never get the chance again.He presumably joined us because he thought we had a good chance chance of getting promotion last season so he probably thinks that he''s got as far as he can here.Players aren''t stupid, they can see what''s going on within a Club and it must be pretty clear to him that staying here won''t get him where he wants, and deserves to be.Really, from his point of view it''s a no brainer

Move now, show case his skills and a potentially a shock call up to the England World Cup squad.

You never know, and Southgate is certainly prepared to give alternative options a chance. If Pritchard backs himself, then maybe he’s thinking like this.

Pritchard is very talented. When I watch him in full flow I’m surprised spurs let him go. He seems made for their style of football.

Anyway, truth is that he is far too good for a falling championship club. If the club give him the chance to leave, of course he’ll go to any premier league side. People said the same when Brady went to Burnley... they’ll be relegated, pay crap wages etc etc.

We threw away our chance to enjoy players such as Maddison and Pritchard long term through incompetent management, and subsequent down scaling of the club.

Our only attraction was premier league football, or as in last season the realistic chance of it. Nobody is going to stay at Norwich over a Huddersfield or Burnley at the minute.

Do people not realise this is the same argument fans of Leeds would have been making when we took Howson and Co of them? Or Brighton fans when we took Elliott Bennett?

The theoretical idea of us being a ''bigger club'' or having more fans is meaningless when Huddersfield can offer Premier League football and money.

Players like Drinkwater and Evans at West Brom are good examples of those who left big clubs and played for lower PL teams to then earn the chance of playing for a better side again.

I''m sure Pritchard sees playing for Huddersfield in a similar light - a chance to show case his talent. There isn''t much of a downside for him.

Waas gerwon'' orn buh? There''s a nasty outbreak of common sense infecting this thread.

I''m now pretty well resigned to his going. I''m hoping we can twist Huddersfield''s arm a bit more, but I think it''s really best for all concerned that he plays in the Prem.

Also players'' values don''t always increase. Think Oliveira (though I reckon Pritchard doesn''t carry the same negative baggage).

My real hope is that we can get some genuine raw talent to replace him, someone we can watch flourish alongside Maddison & Murphy - a midfield version of Jamal.

Now that would be exciting!

Apart from Swansea I suspect any prem club is attractive; outside of the top 6 it is possible for any of the remaining clubs to be relegated in the next 2 seasons - things are tight and change from being euro league chasing to relegation threatened that quickly.

Pritchard has both the ambition and ability to perform in the prem this season, it is understandable that he wants to play there and he is astute enough to recognise he wont get that here for at least 18m.

Huddersfireld may not be his first choice - but if I was him I would be happy playing for "smaller club" (FFS do we have pretensions of being leeds or wolves?) in the prem and see where those 18m takes me.

If AP wants to go and we can agree the right price then we should sell now, and quickly so we can secure a striker and right back if one is available.

Unlike som I do thing the fee will be spent by the club, as usual mainly in player salaries so hidden and a bit in Colney. The rest will be "invested" in transfers - whether they are spent as a truer investment on younger players or on more experienced players (is that an investment or simply paying another club) remains to be seen.

Building for next season is the aim. Pritchard sadly wont be part of that; we may be able to secure Maddison for a push by sacrificing one now - only time will tell

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Apart from Swansea I suspect any prem club is attractive; outside of the top 6 it is possible for any of the remaining clubs to be relegated in the next 2 seasons - things are tight and change from being euro league chasing to relegation threatened that quickly.

Pritchard has both the ambition and ability to perform in the prem this season, it is understandable that he wants to play there and he is astute enough to recognise he wont get that here for at least 18m.

Huddersfireld may not be his first choice - but if I was him I would be happy playing for "smaller club" (FFS do we have pretensions of being leeds or wolves?) in the prem and see where those 18m takes me.

If AP wants to go and we can agree the right price then we should sell now, and quickly so we can secure a striker and right back if one is available.

Unlike som I do thing the fee will be spent by the club, as usual mainly in player salaries so hidden and a bit in Colney. The rest will be "invested" in transfers - whether they are spent as a truer investment on younger players or on more experienced players (is that an investment or simply paying another club) remains to be seen.

Building for next season is the aim. Pritchard sadly wont be part of that; we may be able to secure Maddison for a push by sacrificing one now - only time will tell[/quote]

If it was a straight up choice, I''d rather we kept Pritchard over Maddison. He''s more effective.

100% yes I would.

Unproven in the premier league (failed at wba) what "better club" will come in for him? And Huddersfield ids obviously a step up from Norwich right now.

Also they play an exciting brand of football and he would get the chance to go straight into a starting 11 spot because they desperately need a number 10.

If I was Pritchard is be desperate for this move

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]

If it was a straight up choice, I''d rather we kept Pritchard over Maddison. He''s more effective.[/quote]I wouldn''t swap any of Maddison''s goals and overall contribution for Pritchard''s.  Both excellent, but Madders is younger, has top quality delivery from dead ball situations and I think will have a more spectacular career than AP.  His sensational fee kick against Rangers to win the match with the last kick of the game whilst on loan proved his pedigree - and this season his goals have been superb.  Even in the short time he has been in the team, one of my all time favourite players to watch in a yellow shirt.

Fully agree LDC.

Maddison is the most exciting player to watch since Wes and Holty were tearing up League 1 and the championship. He will go on to have a fantastic career somewhere, unfortunately the chances of that being with City are diminishing all the time.

i would go to play under Wagner

wagner is going to move onto bigger things i would think

Pritchard plays well there and Wagner may take him to his next step

Norwich are downsizing getting rid of better high earners where Huddersfield things are going in right direction at the moment

then the money comes into it he will become a millionaire with his % of signing on fee if he is not already and better wages

Not much to keep him here when you look at it like that

Maddision will soon be off to good players can see what is happening and will jump ship Asap

Maddison to chelsea or Liverpool and loaned back rest of season

Of course I''d go. And he will.

More money. Premier League football. If they go down they''ll have a great chance of going back up. Whatever their long term prospects are, they''re currently better than ours.

But they''ve waited a long time for it. Relegated from the old Div 1 in 1972 and a fairly mediocre existence until they returned to the top league last year. We might like to "be" Huddersfield now but few would swap their footballing history for ours since 1972.

As for Pritch-and as with any player. All they want, for the very great majority, is to play at the highest level and earn as much £££ as they can. Fan base, tradition, being "loved" -doesn''t come into it. To him we''re his employer, nothing more. And he''ll jump ship when it suits just as any of us would.

Ah yes, Big Frank Worthington & Trevor Cherry, I remember them well. Frank''s goal was sublime:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAZJtl6Qz0

against the scum too!!!

And I believe they both jumped ship at the first opportunity.

''Twas ever thus.

Not really, I imagine it''s more to do with him getting a signing on fee and the club recouping more of a transfer fee.

If he wants to go, he''ll go. I''ll just be furious if we don''t get an inflated fee for him.

Maddison''s contract is up at the end of 2018/19 season, so the club is going to have to sell him now or in the summer to capitalise on his value - unless he can be persuaded to sign an extension. Pritchard''s contract is to June 2020. Not that contracts means much these days other that boosting the sale price...

I''d go. Huddersfield probably won''t stay in the Premier League for long but he''d get a move to another Prem team easily enough if they do go down.Doesn''t always work though. Remember Hooper choose Premier League us as a convenience instead of Championship QPR - allegedly for less money - as he fancied himself to break into the England squad. That went well....

Huddersfield have as much chance keeping Wagner as us keeping Maddison. Pritchard''s agent ought to be able to get him a better move than Huddersfield. And we need to hang out for more than the derisory £11m. So if I were Alex I''d be on the phone to my agent.

What does annoy me slightly about all this is yes, I agree he''s a very good player but he hasn''t really done a great deal since being here.

He''s been here for 72 league matches of which he has started only 24, largely due to being injured. If you add in sub appearances, he''s appeared in a total of 40 league matches in 18 months.

I understand that there is absolutely no loyalty in football but we paid a vast amount of money for him, after he had largely failed at WBA. We have him the opportunity of first team football and I''m expecting are paying him some very decent wages, whilst he largely, has been unable to play.

When he''s played, he''s been great but in reality he''s given very little back to us. I appreciate he probably expected us to be challenging for promotion but part of the reason we haven''t been is due to him being regularly injured.

I''m probably the only one but I think he owes us until the end of the season but I appreciate football no longer works like this.