Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Maddison II

So all this talk about selling our best players including Maddison, reminded me of the lad doing well at Peterboro recently, Marcus Maddison.

Anyone follow the posh a bit know how he''s been recently and if he''d be any good for us should the worst happen and we sell off all our good number 10''s?

Peterboro have form for producing/developing very strong attacking talent. If he''s as good as George Boyd for instance then we could do a lot worse.

Blackburn are up there fighting for automatic promotion though, are they really gonna offload their main player that they only bought in summer?

I remember him looking promising for Gillingham. I think i''d rather Maddison (Marcus) out of the two though to replace Pritchard who operates mainly on the right for us with J Madderz central. Dack would be fighting a losing battle with J Maddison in the centre I reckon.

Time to act on this one now IMO. The guy clearly has a bit of magic about him and is on an upward trajectory despite being in his mid 20''s. A few million should be enough.

I thought the young lad Cullen at west Ham (not a first teamer) looked very accomplished on Sunday against Shrewbury.

Only one game I know but he looked very mature in his play.

Yh he seemed alright. Completely unproven at competitive level I think though unless anyone knows of any loans he had?

I think someone like Marcus Maddison would be the ideal signing for us. Can play anywhere in attacking mid like Pritchard, has incredible vision for a pass (20 assists already this season) and is a decent age to crack straight on with it and still be in his prime in a few years time.

Peterboro run on the sales of their best players (even more so than us) and he''s yet to test himself at a higher level than league 1 so he''d likely jump at the chance and he won''t be earning much. Another from the Bradley Johnson mould of players who fell through the system at youth level but more than found their feet at lower league.

Only thing is that he likes to take free kicks (as did pritch which we sadly never really saw) and he''s a left footer. I wonder if Murphy fancies a go on the right?