Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Klose

Several reports saying FC Basel considering Klose.

He played their as a lad so could be some substance to this. Personally think we could live without him, as we''re quite well stocked now, and use the money for the striker we desperately need.

Would it take pressure off the Pritchard situation. Could be a difficult transfer window, and another half season of transition

Hope not and I believe he genuinely likes being here. I found it interesting after the Chelsea game he shook hands with nearly all the ground staff before leaving the pitch, which whilst a nice gesture, worried me that he may be off.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We have a replacement with lower league experience, the likely relevance of which should not be underestimated.[/quote]What a fiasco! You couldn''t make it up!

Could see this happening. He will have half an eye on the World Cup as well so he would probably be keen

Maybe we could try a swap deal for their Dutch striker, Ricky van Something...

I think most people expect him to leave at some point, we bought several central defenders in the summer including Raggett who was loaned back to January, so it seemed eminently possible to see it in this Window. The main thing suggesting it might not happen ''now'' is that Franke went off on loan.

Depending on the price, this deal makes a lot of sense.

I like klose but in our situation he is a big earner who only has a small window left to get a sell on value.

Agree with that Big O, would be sad to see him go as I like him a lot but it would make sense with the signing of Raggett to allow one CB to go. Assume if Klose didn''t leave then Martin would be allowed to

[quote user="AJ"]Agree with that Big O, would be sad to see him go as I like him a lot but it would make sense with the signing of Raggett to allow one CB to go. Assume if Klose didn''t leave then Martin would be allowed to[/quote]

Only trouble for that is that I can''t see much of a fee for Martin (if any)

Like Pritchard, Klose is unfortunately another inevitable departure. The Raggett plan always felt like the back up to cover Kloses departure should he leave in Jan - loaning him back out if TK stayed. Frankes departure may have tweaked that a little.

A decent price from Basel and Raggett in place alongside Zimmermann gives us time to embed a back line ready for next season - it is all part of that transition.

For me Klose will be a big lose; his performances this season have been very consistent and he has returned to being the best CB at the club. But I suspect he is only part of our present and unlikely to be part of the future.

Out of all the potential departures, this is the one that worries me the least.

I like Klose a lot, and he''s definitely been more consistent recently, but he has struggled with physical players in this division (even this season) and not been the "class above" I thought he would be.

If he''s a high earner, and the fee is right, this is a move that makes sense for everybody.

I''m with you Ian.

Klose feels like the one we can sell without much concern.

Zimmerman and Hanley are fine at this level, Raggatt can be involved too. He''s a high earner with the chance to recapture a fee.

I love big Timbo, but I think it''s inevitable he''ll go either this windows or next. However, unlike before when CB cover was non-existent we have have:-

Hanley

Zimmerman (who has surpassed expectations)

Ragget (one I''ve been excited to see in Yellow)

Plus

Franke on loan who will hopefully come back better or at least command a resale fee and Martin who could be used as cover if needed.

If we get really desperate, Bassong still hasn''t got a club......... :p

I think we can live without Tim.

I think we''ll still want to shift Martin as his wages will be high.

Hanley, Zimmerman and Raggatt with maybe a loanee for 6 months would be enough.

I like Timm and would be sorry to see him go but.....

He is likely to be a big earner and basically we can not afford him long term. He is of an age where potential transfer fees will start to diminish, and his contract is running down - both of which say the business decision is cash in now.

Hopefully Hanley, Zimmermann, Raggett will be up to it.

He seems to be enjoying his senior role in the team and the Farke-style, but if he has ambitions to go to the World Cup in June, he''ll go.

Shame if he does go, I know people say he''s only popular because of the social media stuff, but he was brilliant when he visited my son''s school - spent an hour longer there than he was due to and the kids loved doing a Q&A with him.

Yes, he''s struggled with physical centre forwards, but with Hanley and Zimmermann, they have a good combination of the skills needed.

Dont think anything is imminent on Klose leaving, by all accounts Basel are similar to us in that they have to sell before they can buy. Their star centre back Amanji has a 20 million euro fee slapped on him and B. Dortmund who want him the most have struggled to offer 15 million euro. Only if Amanji is sold can Basel come in for Timm.I love Timm, love the way he has battled his way to consistent form this season after some dodgy performances last season and he was the the first to admit he  did not find it easy to adjust to Champs life after his Prem baptism. Im sure he is well aware about his requirements to be able to appear for his national team again, after all its not a new thing, hes been living with it since City dropped out of the Prem. Should not be under estimated how much he loves life in Norfolk either. Probably agree that hes expendable now, but should not mean we need to be rushing to show him the exit, even if he is on big wages.As to social media, if you guys aint seen it yet, go watch "Remi Matthews-Teammates" and then Timm Klose-Teammates" on youtube, same question and answer session but a huge difference in delivery. Timm is just a dream.

Rumours are wet sham have offered £18m so for the Basel CB so this could still easily happen quite quickly

Gonna a be a long 3 week circus.