Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

Whisper it softly....

I don''t want anyone jumping down my throat for this but is anyone else having this horrible, gnawing grating feeling in the long dark hours before dawn...Man City...?

Say no more.

Why not go there? I was sat at work today going mental at each of our players. All of them have underperformed this season - including your beloved Dean Ashton. If I was offered £7M for him tomorrow I would bite Man City''s arm off for it. He has been distinctly average this season. We could then use that £7M to buy some decent midfielders who know how to pass the ball and create chances, and get someone like Neil Shipperley in up front who is scoring for fun at Sheff Utd at the moment despite being what many of you to believe ''past it''. I was even dreaming of Svensson up front today. His link up play for me is better than Ashton''s. Boy do we need someone like that at the moment.

[quote]I don''t want anyone jumping down my throat for this but is anyone else having this horrible, gnawing grating feeling in the long dark hours before dawn...Man City...? Say no more.[/quote]

A more appropriate comparison would be QPR.

We don''t have Man Citys fans - history tells us that crowds drop sharply at FCR once the performances do.

We don''t have the resources to pile money into the club to get back up the leagues. If we ended up in Fizzy League One,I think we''d stay there - at least for a while.

We haven''t exactly blown our cash like them but look where Barnsely, Bradford and Swindon are now - are we really ''bigger'' than those clubs??

To get out of this league (in the upwards direction) would require us to improve a lot, to go down we just have to keep playing the same way.