Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Time for an official statement from the club

Come on Archant do your job, get Webber, Stone and Farke to come clean and tell us, the people who pay their vast salaries, what’s going on. So much for “ we don’t need to sell in January “

I fully expect Webber to come out with the same interview we got after we sold Howson

The club had no choice, Pritchard made it clear he wanted to leave etc

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I fully expect Webber to come out with the same interview we got after we sold Howson

The club had no choice, Pritchard made it clear he wanted to leave etc[/quote]

Yep me too.

Funny though. Other clubs have players that want to leave, but don''t give in to them, and by the way i''m not suggesting Pritchard wanted too.

Coutinho a good example. We should have kept Pritchard for the season.

The club wants to sell. The club doesn''t need to sell at this point. Howson the same, the club wanted to sell him.

The gamble is whether he would still be worth this amount or more in the summer. January are when prices are inflated the most and Huddersfield are desperate for a no 10 and so are willing to pay more than they would in July/august when they could look for a cheaper alternative (as they successfully did on their way to the PL). What if AP gets injured again?

Can''t blame the club for taking now what is a very good amount for a player that would more than likely leave in the summer anyway. We know money is an issue and will be more so the longer we remain in the championship, so why gamble on making a bit more money later with no guarantee that we would even get offered the same amount?

....and thats without mentioning the fact he will be desperate to play in the PL for as long as possible during what is a very short career for a footballer. Can''t blame him and good luck to a fantastic player.

There won''t be one until something official happens...

"It has come to the club''s attention that a lot of fans are being unfairly charged adult ticket prices. Thank you Alex Pritchard for making us aware of the problem."

So, the same people on the "what would you do if you were Alex Pritchard" thread who claimed they would definitely want to go to Huddersfield are the same people on here pre-slating the club for potentially saying that "Alex wanted the move".
If you lot could just rub those 2 brain cells together...

Around AGM time they were saying that we would have a £7m overdraft this summer (there is also a video on YouTube where a Pinkun journalist interviwed Ed Balls. Ed Balls nodded in agreement when the overdraft was mentioned).

We also have to get our wage bill down and cover the expensive wages next season of the likes of Naismith and Jarvis etc.

Something along the lines of: “We have sold a player. We may sell more, we may buy some too”?

Or “CANARYKING on the Pink Un clearly knows more about what’s going on at this club than we do and we will be resigning in immediately to let him take over”?

Why not just put a sign outside ground saying

TEAM FOR SALE any reasonable or lower offers accepted also open to offers to loan out any player if you will pay wages.

I was in my motor listening to Nick Conrad on Radio Norfolk at 08.30 this morning, which had Mr Mashiter on the show, giving his sports journo view on Alex Pritchard''s move to the terriers......

I know that Mr Mashiter isn''t connected to, or employed by the club as such......But boy, he sure gave as good as an official club statement as what the club media would have given.......Is he Mr Webber''s official spokesperson?......

Why are people fixating so much on this Overdraft?

We already have it agreed and budgeted for (allegedly) so whilst it would be nice not to use it and probably save us a few quid in interest payments it is not imperative that we avoid it as long as we have plans for next year to clear it...

[quote user="cornish sam"]Why are people fixating so much on this Overdraft?

[/quote]

The club has form for paying off an overdraft e.g., selling Jacob Murphy and getting Newcastle to pay the £10m in one payment upfront so it could be used to pay off the overdraft.

Secondly from next season there are no parachute receipts and we have a rather high cost base....do you think it would be a wise idea to go into next season with a £7m overdraft when you don''t know when the next player sale is going to happen or for how much?