Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

So sad to see club decline

Sad to see club selling our best players Madison will be next and possibly Josh .can''t understand with the gate we get why we are in financial trouble .

Completely self-inflicted.

Have had more opporunity than most, in recent times, to establish themselves in the PL - blown the lot.

Far more likely to be playing League 1 football than PL in the foreseeable future....

Totally agree,

I notice all the happy clappers ie nutty, ldc, hogs..... are all keeping a low profile after the first of our best players gets sold.

Those supposed happy clappers are probably watching this site decline into a whinging parody of the likes of waccoe/TWTD that people so love to rip the piss out of. Fact is, all supporters are as one-eyed and daft as each other, but probably just can''t see it.

Woods

Watson

Bruce

Phelan

Drinkell

Gordon

Townsend

Sherwood

Fleck

Newsome

Eadie

Fox

Sutton

O’Neill

Bellamy

Ashton

Brady

Fer

Murphy

Redmond

Johnson

Howson

Olsson

Marshall

Green

Earnshaw

Linighan

And then we released Iwan, Malky and didn’t let Hucks say cheerio....

We sold Kevin Reeves, Fashanu....Martin bloody Peters.....

We’ve always survived. Pritchard is a lovely player and deserves to be playing at a higher standard than we find ourselves. Like so many that have gone before and a shedload still to come. Disappointing? Yup. But to read some of the crud on here and social media you’d think that the whole Norwich City fanbase had set out looking for the edge of the flat earth and then found it before they could paddle backwards.

Seeing theach likes of Brighton huddersfield burnley Bournemouth in the premier league

...we were in it for 4 out of the last 6 seasons out have nothing to show for it.

Blew it first time round by not sacking hughton soon enough....had a 2nd chance and made the same mistake again by keeping alex neil when it was clear he was out of his depth mid way through the season....gave our place up in the top league away too cheaply and now the next time time we leave this division again is as likely to be downwards.

From Players such as; Redmond, Brady, Snodgrass, Howson, BJ, Holt, Pritchard, Ruddy, Dorrans......

To, Vrancic, Steipermann, Franke, Husband, Watkins, Reed, McGovern....

My Gosh we''ve gone downhill fast. From talented, committed and passionate players playing for the shirt, to average and half arsed league one standard players at best.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Totally agree,

I notice all the happy clappers ie nutty, ldc, hogs..... are all keeping a low profile after the first of our best players gets sold.[/quote]
Am I a happy clapper? Sorry, I didn''t realise I was put in the Nutty and LDC leagues considering I disagree with half of what each of them says. Good fans though, and to be honest i''d much rather them than the lot on here who revel in negativity - no need to name them as they''re pretty obvious - I presume it''s down to long term personal suffering and this is some sort of outlet.

This season seems like a turning point with fans seeing what the ''self funded'' model looks like and not wanted the next 10-20 years under Nephew Tom to be similar.

By all reports we''ve received north of £40m in transfer fees since January 2017 and must have taken a serious chunk out of the wage budget, yet we''re all braced for more sales in the summer and very little spending, all while paying some of the highest ticket prices going.

In an ideal world this would be viable system to compete at this level but it isn''t. I''d really like for Delia & MWJ to accept that and walk away with the gratitude they deserve for all they''ve done but that doesn''t seem likely either. So it is going to get ugly and messy, the divide among fans on here and in the stadium will only get worse and it''ll all end in tears.

We''re left hoping and praying for a miracle, that Webber and co can turn water into wine.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="simmo_2"]Totally agree,

I notice all the happy clappers ie nutty, ldc, hogs..... are all keeping a low profile after the first of our best players gets sold.[/quote]
Am I a happy clapper? Sorry, I didn''t realise I was put in the Nutty and LDC leagues considering I disagree with half of what each of them says. Good fans though, and to be honest i''d much rather them than the lot on here who revel in negativity - no need to name them as they''re pretty obvious - I presume it''s down to long term personal suffering and this is some sort of outlet.
[/quote]

The fact that I don''t have a huge amount to say is down to the fact that I am not going to waste my time trying to counter the utter bilge and negativity that is being spouted either by agent provocateurs from binland or those that clearly need help with their personal issues of only being only able to see the bad side of things.

What happened to salary cuts on relegation which surely the whole idea of which was to make the club sustainable ?  It appears to me that there has been a dereliction of duty as we would not require a firesale.  

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Is it officially a firesale now?[/quote]Why otherwise would we sell and loan out good players mid-season whe we still have an outside chance of the play-offs ?

It''s never easy to be certain about things as a football supporter.

I''m weak and tend to sway according to the last result but I have made up my mind to give that nice Mr. Farke one season after this to succeed. He''ll have his own squad by then.

If we fail I''ll be after Smith''s blood with the rest of them although I should imagine the atmosphere at CR will force her to throw in the towel.

Losing Pritchard is a blow in the wrong direction but we have a useful batch of young players.

Does anybody actually believe that selling Pritchard will not reduce our chances of getting in to the play offs?

This current state of affairs is as bad as its been since relegation to league one in 2009.

In the last 8 years we''ve been in the premier league for half of that time but have ended up in the same poor state.

Absolutely no legacy left. I actually think it was easier to succeed than be in this state again. This club got so lucky with Mcnally and Lambert... but they never built on it.

We will never have a Lambert situation again. The club have to think there way out of this one, and sadly they are not capable. Not at this level anyway.

"What happened to salary cuts on relegation which surely the whole idea of which was to make the club sustainable ? It appears to me that there has been a dereliction of duty as we would not require a firesale."

There were, I believe, salary cuts written into the contracts after relegation (although some debate this with Naismith). However these aren''t enough to fill the hole the parachute payments will leave. I''d imagine they were around 20/25% cuts.

[quote user="king canary"]"What happened to salary cuts on relegation which surely the whole idea of which was to make the club sustainable ? It appears to me that there has been a dereliction of duty as we would not require a firesale."

There were, I believe, salary cuts written into the contracts after relegation (although some debate this with Naismith). However these aren''t enough to fill the hole the parachute payments will leave. I''d imagine they were around 20/25% cuts.[/quote]Well, that''s something, but we do know that Ball''s gave Alex Neil a rise on relegation.  That looks even more stupid now from our Harvard economic genius.

This is the best post I''ve seen on here so I wanted to repost it. Well said Duncan Edwards. Speaks up for us oldies who have seen it all before -----

" Woods

Watson

Bruce

Phelan

Drinkell

Gordon

Townsend

Sherwood

Fleck

Newsome

Eadie

Fox

Sutton

O’Neill

Bellamy

Ashton

Brady

Fer

Murphy

Redmond

Johnson

Howson

Olsson

Marshall

Green

Earnshaw

Linighan

And then we released Iwan, Malky and didn’t let Hucks say cheerio....

We sold Kevin Reeves, Fashanu....Martin bloody Peters.....

We’ve always survived. Pritchard is a lovely player and deserves to be playing at a higher standard than we find ourselves. Like so many that have gone before and a shedload still to come. Disappointing? Yup. But to read some of the crud on here and social media you’d think that the whole Norwich City fanbase had set out looking for the edge of the flat earth and then found it before they could paddle backwards"

[quote user="Some Reading Fan"]This current state of affairs is as bad as its been since relegation to league one in 2009.

In the last 8 years we''ve been in the premier league for half of that time but have ended up in the same poor state.

Absolutely no legacy left. I actually think it was easier to succeed than be in this state again. This club got so lucky with Mcnally and Lambert... but they never built on it.

We will never have a Lambert situation again. The club have to think there way out of this one, and sadly they are not capable. Not at this level anyway.[/quote]
Apart from it''s not. You''re making things up. Because you absolutely love an opportunity to slag off the club. Because you''re an exceptionally bored Reading fan.
Look, there''s genuine things to be concerned about regarding the club but these ridiculous over exaggerations are really cringy.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Some Reading Fan"]This current state of affairs is as bad as its been since relegation to league one in 2009.

We will never have a Lambert situation again. The club have to think there way out of this one, and sadly they are not capable. Not at this level anyway.[/quote]
Apart from it''s not. You''re making things up. Because you absolutely love an opportunity to slag off the club. Because you''re an exceptionally bored Reading fan.
Look, there''s genuine things to be concerned about regarding the club but these ridiculous over exaggerations are really cringy.
[/quote]

OK piggy, over the last 8 year period when have we been in a worse position than this? Selling off players so balance the books and struggling to make mid table in the championship??

Over exaggeration? Its factual, just not in the eyes of a happy clapper such as yourself.

The Reading fan is correct. We’re selling off our best players and replacing with lesser ones, which will make it very difficult to be competitive. The only way going forwards I can see us improving is by unearthing hidden gems in the lower leagues/overseas or producing some from our academy. Without significant investment, we’ll be closer to L1 than the PL in the next few seasons, unless of course we’re very astute and build a competitive squad on a shoestring budget.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The Reading fan is correct. We’re selling off our best players and replacing with lesser ones, which will make it very difficult to be competitive. The only way going forwards I can see us improving is by unearthing hidden gems in the lower leagues/overseas or producing some from our academy. Without significant investment, we’ll be closer to L1 than the PL in the next few seasons, unless of course we’re very astute and build a competitive squad on a shoestring budget.[/quote]We have sold one player who we would have preferred tp keep, that is all and we will likely move on players who we no longer want because they will not ft into the new system.  Last season we moved on a few - Jacob and Howson - who wanted to go.  Ruddy?  Not the best keeper we have ever had - Gunn is better imo (loan or not). The rest that moved we were happy largely to see the back of.  Olssen? Brady? Always looking to move - and in left back we have Lewis who looks the real deal. So it is not correct to simply say we are selling our best players and replacing them with lesser ones.  Trybull and Zimmermann are excellent. Hanley is a strong player - better than what we had in Bennett and Martin. As always it''s an evolution in process. No-one likes to see players like Jacob and Pritchard being sold on, but that is life - they wanted to move and we were happy to have the money. And so the squad develops.....