Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Critiism is not enough

OK Nigel.  The players didn''t play well enough to get in the reserves let alone the first team.   Thats been the case for most games so far this season yet they still play.  I woould put a considerable amount of money on most of the main offenders playing again this weekend.  Our squad is so painfully thin I can''t think of any position with genuine competition for places except goalkeeper.

Something is very wrong at this club.  We have probably the most talented first 11 in this league and yet we have been drawn into a relegation battle because lets not kid ourselves thats what we''re in.  Ten games is the standard measure to gauge the likely challengers/strugglers and even if we win the next 2 (fat chance) we will have 12 points from 10 and be near the bottom.   Given that most of our best players will be BEGGING for moves in January I''m now seriously worried.

The rumours about some of our players that are going round frankly defy belief.  Some of them would put bizarre 911 conspiracies to shame.  However, the fact this sort of thing is going round suggests something is very wrong at the club.

I''ve not felt this down about supporting Norwich since we were relegated from the Prem first time possibly not even then.  We hd the chance to become an established premiership club - we''ve not had a player like Ashton since Sutton left.  At fulham we blew it but it wasn''t irretrievable.  It is now.

Worthington should fall on his sword.  He seems a likeable decent chap who did a lot for this club but he has never been a master tactician and he''s clearly lost the players as frankly they don''t seem to give a toss.

Huckerby and Mckenzie are both CIA operatives and ....

Seriously some of them are pretty bizarre.  I can''t repeat without being libellous.  Some of the less official noticeboards seem to have quite a few posts on them though.

Almost certainly total BS.  I seem to remember though that around the time we were relegated in 1994 there were dozens of rumours about the personal lives etc of the players/management.  Again probably BS but it gives a sign that something at the club is very very wrong when these things start.

Heard some of these rumours last night from my brother. They sound pretty fanciful and I just hope none of them are true. However if any are true then it tells yet another story about what is wrong with the game of football and the attitudes of those involved with the game. It would also add further weight to the argument that Worthy has lost the players. We can see something is not right in there without knowing the details. I can also understand why Worthy may keep faith with the quiet men of the team - your Flemings, Drury''s and in the past Holts - because these are dependable decent men off the field (or certainly that is the impression I have). For me the club has further reason, whatever happens in games 9 and 10 now, to think seriously about bringing in a new man at the top. Start again by saying what has happened in the past is forgotten everyone plays for their place in the team - TEAM being the key word here. Sadly what is best for our club is a new start now and Worthy should do the decent thing. Yet again I listen to rumours, see the attitudes of players at the post match presentations and find myself thinking something is wrong at the heart of football. Right now that is a bigger debate but for the sake of our club something needs to change.