Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Naismith - Hearts

"Hearts close to matching Norwich''s valuation of Naismith, and Rangers may also make bid" so says SSN

I wonder what that valuation is, and how rich Hearts actually are.

[quote user="Van wink"]A sad story, let’s not forget that a lots of our fans were really keen to get him here![/quote] Me for one !!! Really thought he was going to do a job for us, that debut goal v Liverpool turned out to be the high point !!!

Please god let this happen. The stories circulating say wages won’t be an issue as he’s keen to return home. If we can offload him and get any kind of fee then that will be a right result.

And many were not, VW. Sounds like he''s done a lot with the youth teams while out, which is commendable, but his departure would free up a huge amount in wages that we could really do with.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Please god let this happen. The stories circulating say wages won’t be an issue as he’s keen to return home. If we can offload him and get any kind of fee then that will be a right result.[/quote]Really hope this is true - not just from the obvious wage-saving perspective. My impression of Naismith was that he was a thoroughly decent human being, as evidenced by the substantial charity work he did with the homeless while on Merseyside. I''d have a lot of respect for him if he binned off his contract here to sign for a club up north on greatly reduced wages. Not a lot of pros would have the decency to do that.

I think we will be paying the majority of those wages until his contract here expires. This is a way of giving him a new start and cutting the cost of his contract at least a little.

It is sad but he clearly has lost his edge/legs and is now not fit for top level. Everton saw this and stitched us right up. AN- did not do his homework

Agree. I was one who thought he had a lot to offer us, both in the Prem and the Champ, but it hasn''t worked out for him (or us).

I''m not sure his heart was ever in it, but given the undoubtedly high salary, he is certainly one of those players we could let go for next to nothing just to get him off the wage bill.

With Pritchard virtually gone, is everybody so convinced that Naismith doesn''t have a future with us?

Is it that far gone with him and the club?

When he was at Everton always looked like a player likely to score i for one was really happy about getting him here

sadly that i think his heart was not 100 % in coming down here and it led him to be a moaning type player who could not produce in our side

@Dean Coney''s boots

I’d hope not. I’d imagine any “fee” we are after would be enough to pay him a lump sum for a clean break.

Pritchard to Huddersfield, Wildschut to Cardiff, Maddison to Wolves, Naismith to Hearts, Murphy to Newcastle, Jerome to Cardiff, Oliveira to Wolves.Nobody panic!  We''ve still got Vrancic and Watkins!!! [<:o)]

Is Naismith actually injured, or just unavailable? It might help our cause if he were given a bit of game time to put him in the shop window. There''s a limited market for high wage earners with no fitness at this stage of the season. After all we have at least one vacancy in the team now and I don''t actually think he''s a bad player. Certainly better than one or two I''ve seen this season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Pritchard to Huddersfield, Wildschut to Cardiff, Maddison to Wolves, Naismith to Hearts, Murphy to Newcastle, Jerome to Cardiff, Oliveira to Wolves.Nobody panic!  We''ve still got Vrancic and Watkins!!! [<:o)][/quote]And how many of those seven potential transfers do you expect to happen in this window?

Don’t think Madison, Murphy, Oliviera or Jerome will move in this window.