Sign in to follow this  
Big O

We are where we are!

Like him or loathe them, Steve stone and Webber haven''t half got a mess to sort out.

It is pretty clear that our wage bill is astronomical and well beyond our means and we have a number of almost unsellable assets (Naismith, martin, Jarvis, McGovern) due to their wages that are draining valuable resources from the club. It is pretty clear that the mistakes of the past were plentiful and that the webber/stone will have to make some highly unpalatable decisions over the next 18-24 month period to keep us afloat financially and somehow remain competitive.

On the plus side we do have a youthful nucleus of talent in Matthews, Zimmerman, ragget, Thompson, Godfrey, Lewis, trybull, Murphy and Maddison etc and it''s not beyond Farke, given time moulding a team together with some additional astute signings. I fully get the fans Ire at our disappointing slide into this position and it is their right to voice displeasure at the Board, however isn''t now the time to get behind Webber and Farke and support the team.

I for one will continue to invest in my season ticket and get behind them all and appreciate that the next 24 months are going to be painful but it is what it is and we have to get on with it.

On the ball city, never mind the danger

The O

Agree with pretty much all of that; I think most fans accept we''re now feeling the brunt of the poor recruitment during AN''s tenure, and the huge risk we took to keep hold of everybody last season.

It''s extremely frustrating that we''re seeing players like Pritchard go, but are unable to shift Naismith and Jarvis. Certainly going to be an interesting few weeks!

The club has had poor player recruitment since Lambert left IMHO.How many players purchased since then could be said to be successes?Tettey, Olsson, Jerome, Grabban, Snodgrass, Bassong, Redmond, Gary O''Neil, Dorrans, Brady, Pritchard, Maddison, Godfrey and even then some of those are based on the fact we made big money from the sales rather than performances in a yellow shirt.That''s 13 from 40 players bought. 1 in every 3.

We are where we are. It was ever thus. The ''big'' team are where are, from London, Manchester, and Liverpool; and then a provincial is allowed a look in - this time its Burnley for a short while. Little ole Nodge were gutted when we finished 3rd, when we had our ''look in''; now Everton and Tottenham dream of third place. Onwards and upwards.

We’re in deep doo doo. That’s where we are.

And to be honest I’m not convinced this fire sale is completely necessary. Seems like Delia and co want to make some money, and Webber and stone are on a far bonus to make it happen.

A proper manager and one or two signings in the summer to compliment what we had and we’d have been close to promotion this season.

"A proper manager and one or two signings in the summer to compliment what we had and we’d have been close to promotion this season".

At last,Lincoln has said something sensible.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 3:10 AM:

We’re in deep doo doo. That’s where we are.

And to be honest I’m not convinced this fire sale is completely necessary. Seems like Delia and co want to make some money, and Webber and stone are on a far bonus to make it happen.

A proper manager and one or two signings in the summer to compliment what we had and we’d have been close to promotion this season.

''Fire sale''! Where is this fire sale you talk of Lincoln.

As well as other supporters, im not too happy about the sale of Pritchard and the apparent lack of ambition our owners are showing but its not quite a fire sale just yet.

@lincoln

If you don''t believe we need to clear out wages and make money on transfers due to our financial situation then you don''t understand it.

Come on Lincoln get a grip! Delia is not looking to make money if she was she''d never have got involved with owning the club in the first place. however has she and the people running the club allowed money and opportunities to be wasted, yes.

[quote user="king canary"]@lincoln

If you don''t believe we need to clear out wages and make money on transfers due to our financial situation then you don''t understand it.[/quote]

Hang on, did I dream the bit where Webber and Stone said we didn’t have to sell in January?

Nobody understands it. Nobody knows the true account of our finances, including you.

The Howson and Jacob transfers were supposed to make any shortfall this season.

And in any case, if we’d not wasted money on the dross we signed in the summer we could have kept Howson and Pritchard for this season, and probably added Djkks. Then if we didn’t achieve promotion sell in the summer.

The sales now are about making as much money as possible for the owners, more and above what’s needed. I’d have rathered lost £3 million on Pritchard and enjoyed him for the rest of this season.