Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Maddison on Wolves radar

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Alex "]If Maddison follows Pritchard out the Carrow Rd door, there will be a mutiny I suspect...[/quote]I think it would be a step too far. He''s the player we need to build around. Keep at all costs.[/quote][Y]Let''s hope that is the case. There''s more suitable deadwood and non performers we need to ship out first.

Thing is Wolves are chucking so much cash around they’d probably offer us £20m. What do you do then? At what point do we take a stand and say no more departures in this window?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I would be surprised if we don’t have Maddison until April even if it’s on a loan back. What a shambles.[/quote]Waheyyyyyyy!

going by reports there will be a massive bidding war for Maddison in the summer

spurs/Liverpool/Southampton/arsenal/wolves all being linked today

he has the potential to be a top top player

and I think the desire and drive to achieve it

Yes, Paul101, sounds more likely to me :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-eyeing-transfer-norwich-rising-11837814

Just need to keep him fit & injury free. Even if we''re having a poor season he''ll be motivated by knowledge that a Premiership move is on the cards (he''s a motivated lad anyway, but this can only spur (:-)) him on further!).

Well Southampton have VVD money and Liverpool have Phil Coutinho money... The price is now £30m and even then i''d rather we didn''t sell him. Not like i''d trust our staff with a transfer kitty judging on their previous attempts to buy proven quality at a price!

I genuinely think Maddison could well be the best player we''ll have for a while and is basically irreplaceable unless we got some rich Chinese fella or got promoted and stayed there somehow. He''s on a long contract so i''d rather we just at least got that out of him even if it meant he left for free at the end.

Tettey''s Jig wrote the following post at 2018-01-12 3:50 AM:

Well Southampton have VVD money and Liverpool have Phil Coutinho money... The price is now £30m and even then i''d rather we didn''t sell him. Not like i''d trust our staff with a transfer kitty judging on their previous attempts to buy proven quality at a price!

I genuinely think Maddison could well be the best player we''ll have for a while and is basically irreplaceable unless we got some rich Chinese fella or got promoted and stayed there somehow. He''s on a long contract so i''d rather we just at least got that out of him even if it meant he left for free at the end.

That long contract he’s supposedly on - it’s long to ensure that the club get a decent fee when he is sold - and I have no doubts he will be, soon - and I have no doubts there is a release clause in that contract - that’s why players and their agents sign long contracts, which are pretty worthless when such a clause is inserted!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I would be surprised if we don’t have Maddison until April even if it’s on a loan back. What a shambles.[/quote]Waheyyyyyyy![/quote]

Highland Canary bingo?

Ideally I would have liked keep both Pritchard and Maddison as there was an outside chance that now they and others are back from injury there was an outside chance of making the play offs. Can''t happen now as our best player has left but there should be no immediate financial need to sell Maddison unless it is for very very silly money. I would rather Klose Jerome or Olivera go before Maddison.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Thing is Wolves are chucking so much cash around they’d probably offer us £20m. What do you do then? At what point do we take a stand and say no more departures in this window?[/quote]

Fair point Jim, if someone came along and said £20-25M up front I can''t see us saying no. No doubt he''ll be worth a lot more than that one day. It''s a test of strength I guess, but the reality is we are not in with any kind of chance of going up this season, and we''re probably not going to get relegated. Therefore, as crazy as it may seem, it is probably better to sell our assets now so we can build for the future of next season and beyond (plus they probably want to leave if someone comes in anyway). Ideally we need to keep our best assets, but we''re now a wounded animal feeling the vast gap in funds between the Prem and Champ, and balancing the books has to come first for the longevity of the club. It''s a sad situation, but sadly one we''re well and truly in.

what i do know is Liverpool send a scout to everyone of our games to watch maddision

Klopp has even been himself to watch him

i heard either chelsea or liverpool to sign and loan back for season this was about 3 weeks ago

just what i heard ;-)

Anyone who thinks he''ll still be here next season is living in dream land. There are several PL clubs who would have him and he''s good enough to be in a position to actually pick & chosse which club he fancies most.Now that Pritchard has gone what is there here to make him want to stay because it''s absolutely clear that we are heading in the wrong direction and will be for the forseeable future.A talent like that doesn''t hang around to play in the Championship just hoping that something will happen in the next couple of years.He might be here for the rest of the season, maybe on a loan back deal, but after that he''ll be gone in a flash.