Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Maddison on Wolves radar

Certainly if we lose all of Maddison, Prichard, Jerome and Olivera that is likely to accelerate our return to tier three from 18 to 6 months. Perhaps that’s the plan.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Certainly if we lose all of Maddison, Prichard, Jerome and Olivera that is likely to accelerate our return to tier three from 18 to 6 months. Perhaps that’s the plan.[/quote]

Correct. The AGM stated that the club would effectively be a feeder club to all those higher up the league ladder. The academy now exists solely for that purpose. Norwich City in its own right no longer exists. The club is dead.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Certainly if we lose all of Maddison, Prichard, Jerome and Olivera that is likely to accelerate our return to tier three from 18 to 6 months. Perhaps that’s the plan.[/quote]You couldn''t make it up.What a fiasco!

Can''t see this happening unless they offer us ludicrous money (eg 30+ million) which they definitely do have, but won''t offer for JM.
No way Webber lets all the crown jewels go in one window - even if he wants to cash in on madders, he will wait until the summer as he knows the pitchforks are being sharpened over Pritch. 
I suspect to be fair, that Madders wouldn''t be interested in this anyway. Go to Wolves and compete with Diego Jota and Reuben Neves for playing time, or stick at Norwich, being the undoubted first name on the team sheet, the fan''s cult hero and the star man?
Madders seems like he''s fairly bright - If he stays with us and shines for rest of this year and next season he will end up at Spurs or someone. Might even come in for him during the summer. Wolves are stocked in the position with the manager''s favourite compatriots.
He has a far better chance of earning a big move from us than he does from Wolves, despite the prospect of a limited amount of Prem footy next season with them.

Shhhhh take this thread down, if Maddison gets a whiff there might be a premiership club in waiting sniffing he’ll force a move like Pritchard did!

Indy wrote the following post at 11/01/2018 5:29 PM:

Shhhhh take this thread down, if Maddison gets a whiff there might be a

premiership club in waiting sniffing he’ll force a move like Pritchard

did!Lets hope he doesnt speak to Jake Humphrey''s then !

Let him go, whilst we are at it let’s get rid of all of the saleable assets, get the money in the bank so we can happily cover the loses for the next Xyrs and then that way we can rebuild again.

Part of that is tongue in cheek, part of that isn’t!!

I don''t for one second think our board would be stupid enough to sell him to another Championship team, no matter how likely the look to return to the Premier League.

There would be an irony if Maddison went to Wolves. little old Norwich trying to prove that money isn’t everything because Delia said so lose their best player to a team in the same league that has lots of money...

Surely it wouldn’t happen?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]....I was waiting for that bit, Lapps - Highland is slipping![/quote]He''s like Marvin the Paranoid Android, just without the intelligence.

You can add Ben Godfrey to the list of saleable assets after his recent televised game.

I know Webber said we don''t have to sell our best players, but Delia and Michael will almost certainly have the final say.

I believe it has cost them a lot of money in the past to pay off directors, managers, and players so where else are they going to get the money from unless they sell their best players.

There is no chance of him being here next season but I did expect him to stay until the summer. Wolves may be thinking that they should strike now rather than getting involved in the summer and missing out. With the money they have, they could well persuade us to sell. I bet Delia will be happy to take their money despite her remarks about it. A bit like that nasty PL money they were happy to take

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2018-01-11 10:11 PM:

Can''t really understand anyone wanting to go to Wolves, money or no money.

Anyone going to Wolves will become a premiership player next season. They have stated they are building for next season with premiership football in mind. Maddison certainly fits that bill, they have the wedge, and it would be a good move for him!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 11/01/2018 6:11 PM:

Can''t really understand anyone wanting to go to Wolves, money or no money.

This shows how blinkered you are to the reality of our situation and whats on offer elsewhere

the thing is with rich clubs they can pay the money there and then not over 3 years etc

Delia will love that

most PL clubs will be interested chelsea and liverpool i heard like him a lot

not for the player he is now but the player he might become

a lot of teams missed out on dele alli

the right move the right coaching and i don''t thing maddision could be that far behind him it is that MIGHT they are paying for 30 million should be what we ask and accept 25 mill with sell on %

[quote user="Alex "]If Maddison follows Pritchard out the Carrow Rd door, there will be a mutiny I suspect...[/quote]Thank God we still have Vrancic then.Bet we don''t get many bids for him or Watkins.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Let him go, whilst we are at it let’s get rid of all of the saleable assets, get the money in the bank so we can happily cover the loses for the next Xyrs and then that way we can rebuild again.

Part of that is tongue in cheek, part of that isn’t!![/quote]

Delia would still expect 25k season ticket sales

[quote user="Alex "]If Maddison follows Pritchard out the Carrow Rd door, there will be a mutiny I suspect...[/quote]I think it would be a step too far. He''s the player we need to build around. Keep at all costs.