Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

TWTD

Just visited it they are in a state of frenzied excitement that we might sell Pritchard.

They seem to know more about us than I do.

The usual obsessed one started it.

May be they need reminding:

Our gates are nearly double theirs.

Our squad has far more quality.

We own our ground and our training ground.

We have no debt as opposed to their £80+m

Norwich is a nicer place than that dump.

But of course it''s their "history."

Had a read of it. Just the usual round of bitterness and wishful thinking. They''ve had years of pain with no end in sight.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]You disagree with the things I pointed out then?[/quote]

The first two points, yes.

Our gates are not double theirs. We''d need to achieve an attendance of 33k to achieve that. Impossible.

The second point is debatable. More quality quite possible, but to counter that we have less effectiveness. After all, they are higher in the table.

The only thing I''ve ever slightly envied with them was the steady production line of young talent- however the last couple of seasons have seen us step up in that regard.

We''re in a better financial position, have a better squad, play better football (even in this season), have bigger gates and haven''t lost to them in nearly 10 years.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]to counter that we have less effectiveness. After all, they are higher in the table.[/quote]No

Norwich fan I know would ever come out with something like that. They

couldn''t find a good word to say about the scum. But you do lincoln -

often.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]to counter that we have less effectiveness. After all, they are higher in the table.[/quote]No

Norwich fan I know would ever come out with something like that. They

couldn''t find a good word to say about the scum. But you do lincoln -

often.[/quote]

Grow up Lappin.

I dislike Ipswich, and love nothing more than beating them. But i''m realistic, and certainly not pathetic enough to waste energy on hating them. Its a game of Football FFS.

And yes, this season, so far there squad has proven to be more effective in this division than ours. Hence why we find ourselves below them in the League.

How did you get to the point about being in a far better financial position than us?

You’re having to sell your best players to stay afloat and by all accounts, next season your wage bill will be even less than ours!

Maddison aside, there isn’t really anyone else of note left to sell after Pritchard is gone?

[quote user="King Keano"]How did you get to the point about being in a far better financial position than us?

You’re having to sell your best players to stay afloat and by all accounts, next season your wage bill will be even less than ours!

Maddison aside, there isn’t really anyone else of note left to sell after Pritchard is gone?[/quote]
You have a goalkeeper worth a couple of mill at best. Past that you have literally no-one of vague interest to anyone at this level or above.
After Pritchard? After Maddison? We''ll still have the likes of Klose, Pinto, Oliveira, Murphy. All with much higher sale values than any of your squad. 
Oh, and the better financial position will be something to do with not being in £60 million debt to an owner who even himself can''t be vaguely bothered to invest anywhere near a reasonable amount to make you vaguely competitive in front of your 12,000 fans at a dump of a ground. Have they cleaned that roof yet?

[quote user="King Keano"]How did you get to the point about being in a far better financial position than us?

Maddison aside, there isn’t really anyone else of note left to sell after Pritchard is gone?[/quote]

I think he was referring to the bit where he said that we own our ground and training ground and are not £80m + in debt. I think that we put us in a better financial position. However, we might need a £7m overdraft at the end of the season (nice little earner vs Chelsea will have knocked a bit off that though).

With regards to the wage bill, I am not really bothered if its higher of lower than yours. If it is lower than yours, we are making more money towards improving our club. If it is more than yours, we get 10,000 more fans per home game, so we can cope.

Nobody to sell? Really don''t want to sell, but do you not think Trybull, Pinto, Klose, Murphy, Lewis, Wildschut, Oliveira and Jerome would command any sort of fee?

Yeah we''re in a much better financial position in so many, very obvious ways.

No debt

Own the ground/training ground.

Higher income due to gate receipts and other things like catering

We''re not selling players to stay afloat, we''re selling to avoid getting into debt. Ipswich''s most valuable player is probably the keeper who is being linked with Palace for £4m odd, then maybe Adam Webster. Nobody in the Ipswich squad would fetch even half of what we''ll probably get for Pritchard.

"Not generally, no. But there are a few players I''d swap."

Only Waghorn for me. No others..

He''s a bit of a pub player but he causes defences trouble.

I''d swap him for Mr. Conceited, troublemaker Oliveira any day.

"Ipswich''s most valuable player is probably the keeper who is being linked with Palace for £4m odd..."They''ll probably award themselves another star if they manage to flog him for that.Apples

They have no more room on their shirts for any more stars.

Not that they are ever likely to need that space.

It''s our history remember?

"How did you get to the point about being in a far better financial position than us?"

Apparently you have debts approaching £80m whilst we have none.

Answer your question binman?

Oh and gate receipts nearly double.

Season ticket sales nearly double.

Ouch! You must be hurting.

They might also want to have a quick look at the lads we have coming through our Cat 1 Academy, as well as the ones that have progressed through it and are currently doing well out on loan. Ben Godfrey shows great promise, as does Remi Matthews.

Oh, and we have that highly rated young British centre half back at the club again - Sean Raggatt.

As a very long term Norwich supporter, I always think I should know what our biggest rival''s forum TWTD stands for. I''ve often come up with possibilities, usually unprintable and others based on knowledge of how their minds work. Based on the later, I thought "Town Won The Derby" was a strong possibility before realising that the internet didn''t exist when that last happened.

What is the answer?