Sign in to follow this  
king canary

The £11m question...

the shortfall or overdraft was about 7 million or could have been so this covers that

so i guess 3 to 4 million is available after that

Not so much Norfolk, we need to look forward to next season too, we’ll have 31 million less coming in.

We might see a couple undisclosed signings or a loan or two.

We are very likely to see more leaving rather than players coming in. Klose Murphy and Maddison next I fancy.

The pinkun story has been all over the place. About 15 mins ago the 14m story was reporting 11m.

I guess we won''t have a concrete idea until the deal officially goes through.

I guess we won''t have a concrete idea until the deal officially goes through.

The addons are not a guarantee of money of course.

It will all be spent by the club on the club. Mainly in wages some on colney and some on transfer fees. All of it is hinvestment.

Or do only high value transfer fees count as investment? We have seen the direction that has taken us.

Sad to see such a talented player leave. Best player at the club, and now a key part in funding our rebuilding for next season.

Good luck Alex

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]So the official pinkun story stating £12m rising to £14m is wrong ?[/quote]I posted before 6p, Frank, a couple hrs before the mainstream media caught it. Social media then had it at 11 +3.5 in potential add ons. Couple hrs later the Mail said 12 +2 add ons. Whatever the exact figure, if its a potential final 14 mill, then in reality its about what we could expect from the club i think.

Absolutely agree fans forget we still have parachute payments this season so God help us next season

We should at least gone for later and more money

Pritch is twice the player who arrived , no doubt we might not even make a profit if there is sell on clause etc.

No doubt we will get some reject from another club!

Season over lucky to stay up now !

That’s an interesting point Less, hopefully none.

The bigger question is, could this be the start of a troubled spiral, putting lots of season ticket holders off renewing, meaning less income for next season meaning more pressure on selling Maddison, Klose, Pinto, etc.

All part and parcel of the new reality. We''ve had an exciting and incident filled decade. It''s the exception, not the rule.

There will be light at the end of the tunnel but it might be a rather long tunnel.

There will be light at the end of the tunnel but it might be a rather long tunnel.......

With an out of control runaway Tank engine called ''Thomas'' careering towards us out of said tunnel........

It feels at the moment the only light in the tunnel is at the end we are walking away from. Big 3 weeks for the Board and owners coming up. Eff this up and who knows what the future beholds.

[quote user="ricardo"]Playoffs went weeks ago. Made the sale of Pritchard an obvious move.[/quote]

Agreed, it''s very easy to keep players if you stand a realistic chance of promotion. We simply don''t. We''re not even in a position to be remotely close to that ideology anymore. This season is as good as over, we just need to avoid going down. Can''t blame the club for selling for decent money if he wants to go. Can''t blame Pritchard for wanting to go if a Prem team came knocking. Just a sad reality of where we are now.

As for reinvestment, we need to get Naismith, Jarvis etc off the wage bill and start building for next season and beyond. I''m a realist, I''d rather we save the cash and spend it wisely as opposed to rushing out and replacing Pritchard. If Madders stays, we''ve still got Wes, Murphy, Vrancic and Yanic to see us avoid relegation. Whilst not as good as Pritchard it should be enough

To many fans put to high a value on Pritchard, City were never going to get 15 or 20 mill for him now, likely his value could as much have fallen as risen in the summer for any number of reasons also. If they have negotiated 2 or 3 mill add ons  it would take it to around 14 mill.In anycase, he main point now that hes on his way, is not the question of how much of his fee is used on whatever, its that the deals got done with still 3 weeks of the window left, and City must stick to their words, that to buy they needed to sell. They now have funds to buy, we face 5 or 6 fixtures on the run of higher placed Champs teams, so the need is there not to hang around and ponder who they want or who is available.Its the "now" time for Webber to do his stuff. As for the rest of City''s season, dont think Pritch going will change to much actually. As ricardo rightly said, play offs were and are slim, prolly went weeks ago, but we will see. All in all, im far from downbeat, Pritch was always the top name to be first away, im not sorry its happened sooner rather than later.

It seems to me that the club are in a much worse financial state than they were letting on, having to sell this early and giving up on the play-offs.  Sad days....

[quote user="paul moy"]It seems to me that the club are in a much worse financial state than they were letting on, having to sell this early and giving up on the play-offs.  Sad days....[/quote]aww cmon paul..where has or who has said that the club has given up?..just in your mind as you are feeling sad.Football is a funny old game, but my feeling is Pritch going will have far less negative effect than many on here think. And, as Julie Andrews said in the Sound of Music "When one door closes, another opens". Keep the faith. OTBC.

So who should we be looking to sign instead? Bradley Dack, Josh Morris, Charlie Wyke, Gary Madine, Jarred Bowen? A prem youngster on loan?

@ZLF- "It will all be spent by the club on the club. Mainly in wages some on colney and some on transfer fees. All of it is hinvestment.

Or do only high value transfer fees count as investment? We have seen the direction that has taken us. "

Your first paragraph I highly doubt- it didn''t happen with the transfer in the summer so why would it happen now?

Your second point is also just wrong- the wages are the thing that has taken us to this point, not transfer fees. If we''d have spent that same £8m we spent on Naismith on someone on half the wages we''d be in a much better position than we are now.

quote user="lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)"£11 million is quite frankly pathetic. Selling Pritchard ends any tiny hope of a late run towards the play offs. Which speaks volumes to this clubs ambition.

Small time attitude. This club doesn’t deserve 25k fans a week.quote

Our best run was without Pritchard.