Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]It seems only a few days ago that Wagner was saying he was interested in Pritchard but that nothing was likely because of Norwich’s valuation of him, now the deal is all but done and dusted, either Norwich dropped their valuation considerably or now Pritchard knew of the Premier club interest, through the media or his agent, he pushed for a move and Norwich took what they could get, I think Norwich have been played and Wagner has a player costing much less than the market rate.[/quote]Or the obvious explanation, which would have occured to anyone with even a vague knowledge of how transfers go. Namely that Wagner knew perfectly well Norwich''s valuation was fair and realistic and he was just indulging in some pathetic psychological warfare (as managers do) that he never expected to work, and it didn''t, and Huddersfield ended up paying our fair and realistic price.

[quote user="ricardo"]Pritchard news makes any Maddison move unlikely IMO.

Any buys will be low key. Its all about making income fit expenses which is a laudable enough aim but unfortunately one that is unlikely to find much support among the mass ranks at CR who want and expect more.

We''ve had a good run now comes the hard part. Suffering is good for the soul, apparently.[:''(]

My prediction for the next few years is, declining gates, less cash for transfers, continued disgruntlement with the owners and the occasional gem sold to the highest bidder. In other words the future will be much the same as the past.

Never mind, OTBC we trosh on.[:D]
[/quote]

It''s all very reminiscent of the late 90s.  [:(]

At 1pm today David Wagner said : “I can confirm that #htafc and @NorwichCityFC have found a solution (on Pritchard). Now we are discussing personal terms.” (AT)

Perhaps that means it wasn''t cut and dried on the value. Still think they''ve shown too much interest which should have played into Norwich''s hands to drive a better agreement price

He also said (according to Rob Butler) - "the figures are not right. We will not overpay, we are Huddersfield Town, we know exactly what we are able to do."

Sounds like personal terms are not quite there...

Which may well explain why we''ve let him go in this window. Didn''t we steal him from under Brighton''s noses too...?

We did, which is why I asked the question about Brighton not bidding! Might have burned his bridges with them when he chose us I suppose.

Not quite sure hy he is in such a rush to move with 3 weeks of the window remaining. Surely he should wait and see what other interest there is?

Also wonder if we maybe offered him relatively high wages to get the deal done in the nick of time ahead of Chris Hughton!

Chris Goreham on the Scrimmage confirmed we only paid £5m for him, the £3m add ons wont have been triggered so we will have made more profit on him than people were saying

Why on earth are we all worrying. We have a ready made replacement - VRANCIC !!!!!!

The chat on this post has turned ridiculous, we have lost a top player who if replaced it will be dross like Vrancic.

The post has turned into a supermarket conversation, FFS

Diane, also I believe the sell-on is a % of profit - it wouldn''t make sense otherwise.

In which case if there was, say, a 25% fee it would be on £12m - £5m, i.e. 25% of £7m which is £1.75m.

Not perfect, but it still leaves us with £5.25m net profit.

Which is nice.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Diane, also I believe the sell-on is a % of profit - it wouldn''t make sense otherwise.

In which case if there was, say, a 25% fee it would be on £12m - £5m, i.e. 25% of £7m which is £1.75m.

Not perfect, but it still leaves us with £5.25m net profit.

Which is nice.[/quote]

Unbelievable,

Isn’t it so nice for Delia purse to have a nice little extra bulge.

The so called fans of this club make it a laughing stock when talking sh*t like this.

In case you hadn''t noticed, it''s the club that gets the money - or do you think it goes into some private Swiss bank account of hers?

What is it about supporting a football club that turns (presumably) normal people into paranoid lunatics with a persecution complex? Bonkers.

In case you hadn''t noticed, it''s the club that gets the money - or do you think it goes into some private Swiss bank account of hers?

i agree Ron but if she sells players she does not have to fund the club out of her own pocket like other owners can and do

So you don''t think the club should be self-financing? Just rely on a rich sugar daddy to pump money in all the time?

I know it''s the done thing these days, but Norwich''s trying to stand on its own two feet is one of the things I most admire about the club.

[quote user="ron obvious"]So you don''t think the club should be self-financing? Just rely on a rich sugar daddy to pump money in all the time?

I know it''s the done thing these days, but Norwich''s trying to stand on its own two feet is one of the things I most admire about the club.[/quote]

NCFC standing on its own two feet is so admiral, but in a real world it’s ridiculous to think we will not go backwards.

Would all NCFC fans be happy if Billericay F.C. are a more successful than us.

[quote user="ron obvious"]So you don''t think the club should be self-financing? Just rely on a rich sugar daddy to pump money in all the time?

I know it''s the done thing these days, but Norwich''s trying to stand on its own two feet is one of the things I most admire about the club.[/quote]Me too. There seem to be a lot of people who think it is somehow wrong to do this, but when we were so successful under lambert, it was under a backdrop of very limited finances compared to other clubs and a reliance on desire, character and togetherness. Those three attributes are way more important than money.

Thanks Bagster. How''s the building going? I think I might even finish my project this year (Year 8 & counting! :-( ).

LDC, that''s one of the thing''s that was sooo satisfying about those years, we did it against all odds, surpassed all hopes & expectation.

I doubt we''ll ever have quite such amazing success with so few resources again - but we can try, & it gives us something to aspire to. Get the magic formula of players, manager, owners, supporters (who will get on board when they can see it''s working) right, & miracles can still happen!

OTBC!

[quote user="king canary"]If the club is going to be self funding, fine. Put it in fan ownership.[/quote]
Have you seen the state of some of our fans? Put them in control? We would be f*cked in half a season.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]If the club is going to be self funding, fine. Put it in fan ownership.[/quote]
Have you seen the state of some of our fans? Put them in control? We would be f*cked in half a season.
[/quote][:D]

King Canary: that would be an experiment I would be interested in observing :)