Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

If other teams were interested they would have put in a bid by now.

Disappointing yes but difficult to turn down that sort of money

Arsenal Spurs and Everton interested Madison evidently so could be a serious fee involved.

If Nick Mashiter is saying it’s done then it’s done, he clearly has dialogue with Webber. Can’t say I’m at all surprised that we have sold and he won’t be the last one out. Let’s hope they know what they are doing or next season could be very painful

ricardo wrote the following post at 10/01/2018 8:47 PM:

Some long hard years in this league stretching out to the visible horizon.

That’s an optimistic outlook. This lot have previous of delivering far worse.

I agree Ricardo that we are likely to survive this season. Just. I am less confident of a sustained run of championship mediocrity. I suspect league one is the likely destination in 18 months time.

Literally have sold him at the first possible opportunity and for a mediocre fee. Sends a very clear message.

Bet they are now reprinting the season ticket renewal booklets in a mad hurry, probably at least two blank pages re Pritchard and Madison

Pritchard we should of got more for him to me he is worth more than Murphy

Murphy is full of potential but Pritchard is more the finished player

Also Jan prices should be Higher i do not think the club did well on this one

they need the money have done for a couple of years now they might paint a Rosie picture but this is now where we are selling for the shortfall in TV money

if we were not short of money we will reinvest the 11 million ! i think we will see about 3 million for the team 8 million in the bank for next summer shortfall no overdraft now delia

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]While the cash for Pritchard wouldn’t be unwelcome, Steve Stone states at the AGM that there was no pressure to sell in January as an overdraft facility to cover the projected loss was already in place.

With that in mind, I wonder whether the driving force behind any move (if it happens) is the cash or the player (and his agent) himself?

Irrespective of contracts, if Pritchard is adamant he wants to go, obstructing that is counter-productive and the only realistic position to take is the one where you get the highest possible fee.[/quote]... also, is Farke keen to help his mate at Huddersfield !!![/quote]

I''m 100% certain that Daniel Farke has 0% influence on this transfer.

Hope that clears up your misconception Paul.

There will always be half a dozen worse than us in this league. League one no more likely than the Prem. 1p5wich in yellow shirts is the future unfortunately. Get used to it, it''s going to be a very long haul and I for one don''t expect to live long enough to see the big time again.

The most annoying thing about this is that if he''d not got injured, we might not be selling him as we''d be challenging up the table.

£11m is a pretty derisory fee in my opinion. I hope there''s a bit more to it than that if they stay up.

A few days ago Huddersfield offered £5M. Within a week we get £12M plus further add ons. I must be in the minority but I think that is a good deal. For me Maddison and Pritchard as double No 10s was not going to work and left us narrow at times. Pritch is a great little player but is replaceable. Good luck to him, he''s where he wanted to be, not here so I''m not crying over this. Its what happens in the rest of the window that will count.

There will always be half a dozen worse than us in this league. League one no more likely than the Prem. 1p5wich in yellow shirts is the future unfortunately. Get used to it, it''s going to be a very long haul and I for one don''t expect to live long enough to see the big time again.

I thought that until Lambert arrived. It could happen again but it will get harder each time.

I expect us to have a stack of loanees next season.

Maddision will be next then the board will be in melt down !

and Jack flash how will we replace pritchard will the money the board will give to webber / farke that will take some doing for 2 ,3 million

I think we will reinvest very little.

This is a sizeable chunk of the £24m drop in TV Cash for next year. Even more if you take (prob £1.5-2m) his wages from the gap. Maddison will play 10 with Wes as back up. I can see us also shifting Klose out to Basel and Jerome out to whoever and ideally wildshut. If we also manage to get Naismith and Martin out on loan then I suggest we might bring in another winger and a striker on loan and that will be that.

I think I''m actually with you jack flash....for now.

Pritchard is good, maddison could be better. If this means we keep him until at least the summer and add a striker who can finish we might be better off and have less pressure to sell.

Pretty limp wrist attempt as always by the club but we should expect that by now. We need to invest the money wisely as we have glaring lack of numbers at right back if we kick Martin out and striker with a ''no goals'' Jerome the only alternative to Oliveira who acts as though he doesn''t want to be here.Personally I don''t think Pritchard is up to the physicality of the Premier League but not our problem.

For me the biggest positive in this deal is the Club appears to have done the deal with some 3 weeks to go in the window, therefore time for us to see what the Plan is going forward. If this had happened on the last day all this lashing of tongues would and may still be well deserved but lets wait and see. Good players have left us in the past and for a lot less money. I put Alex in the "good little''un" bracket. If we resist the moves for Maddison in this window, he can become the real deal as our No. 10. I reserve my right to tongue lash until February 1st or whenever this window closes.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]For me the biggest positive in this deal is the Club appears to have done the deal with some 3 weeks to go in the window, therefore time for us to see what the Plan is going forward. If this had happened on the last day all this lashing of tongues would and may still be well deserved but lets wait and see. Good players have left us in the past and for a lot less money. I put Alex in the "good little''un" bracket. If we resist the moves for Maddison in this window, he can become the real deal as our No. 10. I reserve my right to tongue lash until February 1st or whenever this window closes.[/quote]

Agree Jack, let''s just hold and see where we go with this, we have some money in early now together with what looks like potentially freeing up some wages with Yanic, Martin and hopefully please Naismith.

Pritchard news makes any Maddison move unlikely IMO.Any buys will be low key. Its all about making income fit expenses which is a laudable enough aim but unfortunately one that is unlikely to find much support among the mass ranks at CR who want and expect more.We''ve had a good run now comes the hard part. Suffering is good for the soul, apparently.[:''(]My prediction for the next few years is, declining gates, less cash for transfers, continued disgruntlement with the owners and the occasional gem sold to the highest bidder. In other words the future will be much the same as the past.Never mind, OTBC we trosh on.[:D]

Completely disagree, ricardo.

Events, dear boy, events! Damn things keep occurring.

Something will happen. For good or ill, I know not.

Who could have foreseen the past 10 years?

It''s what makes footie so exciting!

Perhaps we''ll now go out and try to sign Kalulu, Ebouhei and some kind of striker from non league!

[quote user="ricardo"]Pritchard news makes any Maddison move unlikely IMO.Any buys will be low key. Its all about making income fit expenses which is a laudable enough aim but unfortunately one that is unlikely to find much support among the mass ranks at CR who want and expect more.We''ve had a good run now comes the hard part. Suffering is good for the soul, apparently.[:''(]My prediction for the next few years is, declining gates, less cash for transfers, continued disgruntlement with the owners and the occasional gem sold to the highest bidder. In other words the future will be much the same as the past.Never mind, OTBC we trosh on.[:D][/quote]I don''t think the future will be much the same as the past Ricardo, it will be worse!  Unless you''re talking about the 50''s?

If it is £14 million I suppose that’s not too bad, we wouldn’t get that at the end of the season when other clubs would be aware of our dire financial situation. Lower season ticket sales will be well known by then so a fire sale would have to happen. As long as we get a half decent number nine out of this disaster.

It seems only a few days ago that Wagner was saying he was interested in Pritchard but that nothing was likely because of Norwich’s valuation of him, now the deal is all but done and dusted, either Norwich dropped their valuation considerably or now Pritchard knew of the Premier club interest, through the media or his agent, he pushed for a move and Norwich took what they could get, I think Norwich have been played and Wagner has a player costing much less than the market rate.

Not forgetting that no other Prem Club showed any interest so anything around £12M as reported, represents the best deal available. And now we wait on the rest of the Window to see where we are squad wise by then. That will be the time to take stock and make our judgements I feel.