Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

Samwam27 wrote the following post at 09/01/2018 8:42 PM:

Do we know if we''re considering selling him?

If we sold Murphy for £12m, I cannot believe we''d even entertain selling unless this figure is offered, as a bare minimum.

IMO Pritchard has more quality than Murphy, so would expect the selling price to be higher

Nick Mashiter who appears to be Stuart Webber’s mouth piece thinks a deal is likely and the player is keen on the move

Nick Mashiters Twitter

It’s got the sense of one which will eventually happen. Pritchard is keen on the move. #ncfc

She hasn''t lost on her investment if she sells her shares.

The nominal sum she paid for her stakeholding at the time and paying off of debt would be less than £7 million.

She would get more than that for the original tranche of about 42% plus the debt repayment. Probably right now about £2M profit.

Although I do stand to be corrected with those with a better grip on the history of the affair.

I think the Murphy deal was £10m up front, with £2 in add-ons. However, I agree that Pritchard is more talented than Murphy and we should be looking for an absolute minimum of £12m.

[quote user="Essjayess"][quote user="Indy"]Essjayess, how many on this forum have been taking the piss out of the binners being a championship side for 15 consecutive seasons? Now most on here are quite happy to see this club at this level as they buy into this small minded club mentality! No club or support has the right to be premiership but every football club and fan has the right to want the best for their club. If the owners can’t buy into that then it’s time for a change IMO.

Funny how each season most supporters are happy with each step towards a downward spiral, not so long ago, we had to hope our youngsters would step up along with really poor loan signings, who wants to go back to Sibierski and Andy Hughes![/quote]Indy, why the heck do you bring the binners into this topic? keep it on Pritch and our club, dont need carp messing up the topic.Ive not once said i would be happy on a every step is a downward spiral, those are your words not mine. I just see the reality of selling one of our best players to a higher placed club who can pay this guy better wages and offer him Prem football, a move that he is keen to see happen.Pritch is a really good player, but a guy like him always has a price, and if that price is 11 mill, so be it, it will no doubt financially help the club. I all to remember a decade ago, yea was rough being in L1, but nearly folding was a far bigger catastrophe. I never want our club in that position ever again, you can bandy words around like prudence and / or ambition, but more than anything i want our board to keep our club solvent and without huge debts.On the pitch its a level playing field, 11 vs 11, but off it, financially, its anything but. You can wrap tings up in any way you want, but the Pritchards and Maddisons would have been sold anyway, even if we were in the Prem, but we aint, which makes 11 mill even more valuable as an asset to City right now financially. It aint fair i know, but like i said, nothing in football outside the pitch itself is hardly ever fair.[/quote]
Think about it....
[quote user="Indy"]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/kenozanne/DELIATOWNSUPPORTER.jpg You bought this up Nutty, proof isn''t a quote![/quote]
Nice album BTW Ken....

Happy new year happy clappy puppy dog, now roll over let Delia tickle your tummy.....

Now what’s your view on selling our top assets to finance the debt? Doesn’t it remind you of selling the family silver back in the Chase day?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]On the plus side, it looks like Wolves may have moved on from Oliveria - apparently they have had a bid rejected for Andre Silva from AC Milan. For £34.7million.

34.7 MILLION![/quote]

Our owner described what is happening at Wolves as “appalling.”

Tells you all you need to know.[/quote]

Yes Jim, it does... We are owned by someone with common sense that I would actually like to be associated with. What is happening at Wolves is "appalling". There are rules in place around FFP to try and keep this game a game and not just a pi55ing contest and Wolves are certainly pi55ing all over it the most at the moment.

But on topic, £11m does seem to low an offer at this point (even taking into account that it could be cash up front as opposed to a lot of the fanciful structured deals you don''t necessarily hear about past the headline figure (e.g 10m of the summer offer for Coutinho being based on him winning Balon d''or). Being realistic though we are going to have to sell him this window or next, selling him now would allow us to get a striker in and probably improve our chances of making the playoffs or at the very least give him a chance to get used to the team/club/coach so that next season we can hit the ground running.

Accepting that we need to sell and might be here for a season or two more than anticipated does not mean that we are accepting the mediocrity we see down the road, 3-5 years is ok, 10+ is not.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]She hasn''t lost on her investment if she sells her shares.

The nominal sum she paid for her stakeholding at the time and paying off of debt would be less than £7 million.

She would get more than that for the original tranche of about 42% plus the debt repayment. Probably right now about £2M profit.

Although I do stand to be corrected with those with a better grip on the history of the affair.[/quote]

I think you are underestimating the current values quite a bit there. If she sold her majority share for market value I think she would make a very substantial profit. This may of course change if we end up going into debt and struggling financially. Its hard to be precise because what Delia and MWJ paid for the initial shareholding they bought off Watling has never been revealed but if it were the figures rumoured then (following the loan repayments) their "net spend" on the club is somewhere between £4 million and £5 million. If you believe other rumours it may be up to about £7m. Current value of the majority shareholding in our club would be way more than that. However she has of course always said that she would not expect to profit from the club.

So what should she sell them for Jimbo? And what would you accept for yours? And what should the associate directors accept for theirs?

Are rumours  in the media world of Pritch being in Huddersfield around now for a medical, could be an announcement tonight or tomorrow morning. 11 mill +3.5 mill potential add ons. This is far from official, but from the silence from City since they turned down the 5 mill offer, it looks probable.

While the cash for Pritchard wouldn’t be unwelcome, Steve Stone states at the AGM that there was no pressure to sell in January as an overdraft facility to cover the projected loss was already in place.

With that in mind, I wonder whether the driving force behind any move (if it happens) is the cash or the player (and his agent) himself?

Irrespective of contracts, if Pritchard is adamant he wants to go, obstructing that is counter-productive and the only realistic position to take is the one where you get the highest possible fee.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]While the cash for Pritchard wouldn’t be unwelcome, Steve Stone states at the AGM that there was no pressure to sell in January as an overdraft facility to cover the projected loss was already in place.

With that in mind, I wonder whether the driving force behind any move (if it happens) is the cash or the player (and his agent) himself?

Irrespective of contracts, if Pritchard is adamant he wants to go, obstructing that is counter-productive and the only realistic position to take is the one where you get the highest possible fee.[/quote]... also, is Farke keen to help his mate at Huddersfield !!!

Indy wrote the following post at 2018-01-10 2:16 AM:

Happy new year happy clappy puppy dog, now roll over let Delia tickle your tummy.....

Now what’s your view on selling our top assets to finance the debt? Doesn’t it remind you of selling the family silver back in the Chase day?

No doubt who your post is aimed at Indy, but in his defence, and in answer to your reference regarding Robert Chase and selling the family silver, in my fifty odd years of supporting City, which many overlook, it’s the one and only way this club can, and will survive. T doesn’t matter who the owners are, who the chairman is, who the football director is, who the chief executive is or was, as far back as the 50’s, this club has sold players on a regular basis to survive. The one time they couldn’t do that, a blanket was paraded around the ground at a home match to allow supporters to donate to keep the club going! Is that where you want the club to go again, because without selling the likes of Pritchard, Maddison and a few more, it sure as hell will. The monetary void between the EPL and the championship is massive, and it will never be filled at this club by the owners! And if you think investors are going to suddenly appear on a galloping stallion, think again, that ain’t going to happen, so get used to it, or ship out and support a rich club.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]What mate of Farke''s at Huddersfield would that be, Paul?[/quote]David Wagner..... both were at Borussia Dortmund and it has been mentioned in the past that they are good friends.  Could there be a conflict of interest  methinks as Wagner''s job is potentially under threat. 

Stone could hardly have said at the AGM we are under financial pressure to sell in January as that would have reduced his bargaining position and potentially encouraged other players to leave at the earliest possible opportunity. And, in the sense that Stone said at the AGM we have a 7m overdraft facility agreed, presumably premised on no disposals this month, it is easy to understand the no pressure to sell in January message.

However, rolling onto June assuming no disposals, first, the external debt of 7m would need to be cleared and, second, the 20+ million covered following the loss of parachute payments.

Thus we are in the process of disposing of most (all?) of our player assets with significant value. It matters little whether it is now or January. The challenge is being left with a squad capable of chump survival next season. With the current disposals we look some way from that at present.

I don''t think we''re under pressure to sell right now but the realistic situation is we have to consider offers, especially if those players are indicating they want the move.

If we were 6th or 7th I doubt we''d sell and I doubt Pritchard would be as keen. However in our current position and knowing our financial situation is going to be fairly difficult next season we have to be sensible.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Stone could hardly have said at the AGM we are under financial pressure to sell in January as that would have reduced his bargaining position and potentially encouraged other players to leave at the earliest possible opportunity. And, in the sense that Stone said at the AGM we have a 7m overdraft facility agreed, presumably premised on no disposals this month, it is easy to understand the no pressure to sell in January message.

However, rolling onto June assuming no disposals, first, the external debt of 7m would need to be cleared and, second, the 20+ million covered following the loss of parachute payments.

Thus we are in the process of disposing of most (all?) of our player assets with significant value. It matters little whether it is now or January. The challenge is being left with a squad capable of chump survival next season. With the current disposals we look some way from that at present.[/quote]I disagree strongly.  It makes a big difference as to whether we could make the play-offs, and if we did manage to get promotion we would not need to sell at all.

Unless I''m mistaken, Paul, they weren''t at Dortmund at the same time. Farke replaced Wagner when he left for Huddersfield. Nor has there been any mention of Farke and Wagner as ''good friends''.

Got any links showing that?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Our challenge isn’t looking upwards this season but making sure we don’t head south Paul.[/quote]Indeed, but selling our best player in mid-season could send us south.  There really is no need to sell until the summer, so why do it...

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Unless I''m mistaken, Paul, they weren''t at Dortmund at the same time. Farke replaced Wagner when he left for Huddersfield. Nor has there been any mention of Farke and Wagner as ''good friends''.

Got any links showing that?[/quote]Maybe I imagined it, but at the very least I''m sure they will have had contact in the UK, especially as I believe Webber recruited both from the same club. 

It’s not £14m it’s £12m with spurious add ons, probably not all that £12m up front either.

It’s not a good fee, it’s not good for our team and it’s not good business in my book. Once again we’ve sold to the first bidder at undervalue just like we did with Redmond.

So disappointing.

So it now seems that it''s official according to mashiter on Twitter. Such a shame that once again we''ve undersold another potentially top player. Oh well, let''s get used to championship mediocrity