Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

Essjayess, how many on this forum have been taking the piss out of the binners being a championship side for 15 consecutive seasons? Now most on here are quite happy to see this club at this level as they buy into this small minded club mentality! No club or support has the right to be premiership but every football club and fan has the right to want the best for their club. If the owners can’t buy into that then it’s time for a change IMO.

Funny how each season most supporters are happy with each step towards a downward spiral, not so long ago, we had to hope our youngsters would step up along with really poor loan signings, who wants to go back to Sibierski and Andy Hughes!

@ Essjayess

Of that list, how many are here next season do you think?

Maddison? No chance.

Oliveira & Klose? Think they will be gone by the end of the month

Tettey? Out of contract

Pinto? Debatable

Of the players that are starting now these are highly likely not to be here next season

Gunn

Pinto

Klose

Tettey

Pritchard

Maddison

Murphy

Oliviera

Their replacements will be far lesser players ability wise, so yes we will be downgrading on quality. I really think we will struggle after this season. I hope to be proven wrong!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]On the plus side, it looks like Wolves may have moved on from Oliveria - apparently they have had a bid rejected for Andre Silva from AC Milan. For £34.7million.

34.7 MILLION![/quote]

Our owner described what is happening at Wolves as “appalling.”

Tells you all you need to know.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Nick Mashiter is saying that Pritchard is keen to move to Huddersfield and this feels like a deal that is going to happen...in which case grab the 11 mill and move on, theres 3 weeks of the window left.[/quote]

Funny that, another one who “wants to leave” just at a point some cash is on the table for him. No doubt he will start disrupting training soon and Webber’s pet journalists will get it out there for him!

We were told no need to sell in this window yet within the first 10 days one of our best two players appears close to being sold. They treat us like utter mugs and most of our fans just lap it up.

At a guess what doesn’t happen in this window happens in the next one. Pritchards wages and long contract could induce a sale particularly if our chances of a play off place are against the odds as they are now. If we do sell the pressure is on Webber to replace him with someone just as good. The issue that we don’t control is what bids other clubs make and when they make them. If we get a huge offer we may have to take it. Personally I’d love him to stay. He’s a fantastic player and someone who we should build around. The odds are that Huddersfield may be back in the champ next year anyway but a player’s life is short. That being said we shouldn’t settle for a penny less than £15m if we do sell him.

why is anyone surprised by all of this???

as per usual, because norwich city dont play hard ball with anyone, pritchard will be sold cheap in comparison to what british talent with potential usually goes forlike murphylike redmondlike howsonlike bradylike snodgrasslike ashtonlike bellamylike eadie

delia out

[quote user="Indy"]Essjayess, how many on this forum have been taking the piss out of the binners being a championship side for 15 consecutive seasons? Now most on here are quite happy to see this club at this level as they buy into this small minded club mentality! No club or support has the right to be premiership but every football club and fan has the right to want the best for their club. If the owners can’t buy into that then it’s time for a change IMO.

Funny how each season most supporters are happy with each step towards a downward spiral, not so long ago, we had to hope our youngsters would step up along with really poor loan signings, who wants to go back to Sibierski and Andy Hughes![/quote]Indy, why the heck do you bring the binners into this topic? keep it on Pritch and our club, dont need carp messing up the topic.Ive not once said i would be happy on a every step is a downward spiral, those are your words not mine. I just see the reality of selling one of our best players to a higher placed club who can pay this guy better wages and offer him Prem football, a move that he is keen to see happen.Pritch is a really good player, but a guy like him always has a price, and if that price is 11 mill, so be it, it will no doubt financially help the club. I all to remember a decade ago, yea was rough being in L1, but nearly folding was a far bigger catastrophe. I never want our club in that position ever again, you can bandy words around like prudence and / or ambition, but more than anything i want our board to keep our club solvent and without huge debts.On the pitch its a level playing field, 11 vs 11, but off it, financially, its anything but. You can wrap tings up in any way you want, but the Pritchards and Maddisons would have been sold anyway, even if we were in the Prem, but we aint, which makes 11 mill even more valuable as an asset to City right now financially. It aint fair i know, but like i said, nothing in football outside the pitch itself is hardly ever fair.

It is not good enough for the club to give up on making the playoffs when there are 20 games left and the gap is 9 points.

On the pitch its a level playing field, 11 vs 11, but off it, financially, its anything but. You can wrap tings up in any way you want, but the Pritchards and Maddisons would have been sold anyway, even if we were in the Prem, but we aint, which makes 11 mill even more valuable as an asset to City right now financially. It aint fair i know, but like i said, nothing in football outside the pitch itself is hardly ever fair.

We’re selling him by the looks of it to Huddersfield, if we were in the Premier League we wouldn’t be selling him to Huddersfield. So no we wouldn’t be selling the Pritchards and Maddison’s if we were in the Premier League....

But years in this division can only lead to debt or worse! How can you be a self sufficient club once you’ve sold all your assets?

If we don’t attract the best possible players here then the gates will fall, with less money in how long before Cat 1 goes and we attract even worse standard youngsters?

Long term in this division with this vision of self sufficient finances won’t work IMO.

We’ve been told we don’t need to sell, the player has a contract and shouldn’t be sold.

Surely Pritchard and Maddison should be sold a vision of building a team around them to push on next season!

Agree that stupid money should never be turned down.

I bring in the binners as they sell their young assets and buy on the cheap still building a debt of 6 million annually, something which this new restructuring is built around by our current visionary board.

Shame of it is that had Pritchard not been injured until December we''d surely be in a much better position and he''d be far more likely to stay.

In the real world there''s few clubs who wouldn''t sell for the ''right'' fee, whatever that is. We''ve been crying out all season for more up front so perhaps we need to sell to get that in; it''s a shame but it is the real world so we have to live with it if it happens.

Simple fact is that in the Championship nearly 2/3 have been in the PL in the last 10 years, all of them ''expect'' to be doing better.

In the Millwall post match interview Farke said the club was under no financial pressure to sell players. What has changed since then? Has he been lied to, given duff info, or just talking ballcocks?

I''m not convinced the sale is happening, certainly not at less than £15m.

Well JF it is maybe a matter of opinion but point was and is  my after words...that we aint Prem anyway, and whatever you or i think about Pritch  going to Huddersfield, itll happen anyway, so lets everyone have a good whine now, then move on. NCFC have been around  all my life, Pritch was here 18 months, half of that time injured.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It is not good enough for the club to give up on making the playoffs when there are 20 games left and the gap is 9 points.[/quote]Well, I was saying last week that we still had an outside chance of the play-offs but was ridiculed for it.  I suppose Norwich are just full of remoaner type pessimists, who think the status quo is wonderful.  On current form we could make the play-offs, but much of that form is linked to Pritchard.  Sell and we can forget any chance.  

[quote user="Indy"]How can you be a self sufficient club once you’ve sold all your assets? .[/quote]Because 20000 people will still turn up to watch this shower week in week out even in league 1 and no business owner with half a brain will turn that downthere seems to be a myth that this club doesnt make money for its owners and they do it for fun

This self sufficient club malarkey won’t work. How many players did we sell at a massive profit in the years we were struggling before Lambert? The answer is none. After these players have been sold we won’t attract this calibre of quality youngster to bring on and sell for huge profit. We signed the Maddison’s and Pritchards when we were a progressive thinking club, we had something to offer these players. Now we are cutting back and on a downward spiral, these type of players wouldn’t sign now. We will be reliant on players coming through the youth team to sell on. When you weigh up the cost of the academy to the money we get from selling academy products how is that going to work out? And An inferior product will likely bring less money through the turnstiles. It just won’t work and we will end up back in massive debt

You mean the people whose head isn’t buried in the sand and can see where this is going?

Out of interest Iron Stan, how much profit have the club''s owners made since taking over Norwich?

And which transfers of British players, in similar positions and age to Pritchard, are you suggesting we''d be selling cheap in comparison to?

Just trying to summerise the general gist of what people are saying:

1) We still have a shot at the play-offs. The return of Pritchard makes this prospect seem slightly more plausible.

2)We don''t need to sell. We are OK financially (for now) and we can, assuming he avoids getting injured, get the same money for him in the summer.

3) Only accept ''silly money'' - a young, British player in the January transfer window usually comes with a high price... circa 15 million has been mentioned by some on here.

4) Message to the fans - It would be a sign of what''s to come for the club - selling it''s assets to fund the ''self-sustaining'' model. Delia will come under even more pressure to sell and fans tempted to renew their season tickets will probably think again.

I''m sure there are things that we don''t know - financials, what Pritchard is thinking/doing, Webber''s plans but, unless an actual ''big-money'' offer is made then it would be a PR nightmare to sell him easily.

Iwan, the same question can be asked of how much have they put into the club since their loan in 2008?

If you can’t afford the club then it’s time to sell. Football has moved on and if the self sufficient model is the only way forward, I’ll wait to see the result of this in 5 years time when we don’t have the likes of Maddison or Murphy to bail us out financially.

Indy, it''s not the same question. It''s a legitimate route of enquiry, but the former was an accusation by Iron Stan that the owners have been profiteering from the club. If that''s the case, I''d like to know by how much.

We all have different opinions and I for one as others see they’ve not taken money out, other than loan repayments, but they do have 21 seasons of free corporate footy, with a shed load of publicity to aid other areas of business. Good on them, but maybe time and football has moved on past their vision of how it should be.

The club should belong to the city and the people of the city not one or two persons to decide the future.

I’m sure I’ll have the normal response and attacks from the same individuals as normal soon, but that’s one reason I’ve ditched my season ticket after 40 years of following this club.

Should have added, it doesn’t feel like Norwich City anymore, it’s Delia’s Norwich City.

Legend Iwan wrote the following post at 09/01/2018 8:14 PM:

Indy, it''s not the same question. It''s a legitimate route of enquiry, but the former was an accusation by Iron Stan that the owners have been profiteering from the club. If that''s the case, I''d like to know by how much.

I doubt they have profited from the club but their on paper wealth has surely increased through their ownership of the club. If you found out how much they paid for their shares and what those shares are worth now then that’s how much their investment has made on paper. Some will say it hasn’t as they are not selling but that’s bollcks. It’s still money they have tied up to do as they wish, like hand it down to a Nephew who also can’t afford it.....

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]It is not good enough for the club to give up on making the playoffs when there are 20 games left and the gap is 9 points.[/quote]Well, I was saying last week that we still had an outside chance of the play-offs but was ridiculed for it.  I suppose Norwich are just full of remoaner type pessimists, who think the status quo is wonderful.  On current form we could make the play-offs, but much of that form is linked to Pritchard.  Sell and we can forget any chance.   [/quote]Regardless of where we eventually end up at this point in time we should still be pushing for the play offs, 9 points is nothing, which is why I am surprised we are even considering selling Pritchard mid season. Should we fail to reach the play offs, then yes he may have to go to balance the books, but I cannot see the sense of it now.If he does go to Huddersfield then we will need a replacement, as well as a striker.

Do we know if we''re considering selling him?

If we sold Murphy for £12m, I cannot believe we''d even entertain selling unless this figure is offered, as a bare minimum.

IMO Pritchard has more quality than Murphy, so would expect the selling price to be higher