Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

[quote user="Essjayess"]

Yes i to am disapointed that Pritch is almost for sure on his way..and it hurts more right now as we saw a real good partnership forming with him and Madders..but whats new? To be a fan of our club means dealing with the reality of our club..likely the only true self funding football club in the entire top two divisions. I hear so much talk of us being small, pathetic, amateurish etc etc..blame it on Delia blah blah..but its realism, pragmatic and absolutely professional to sell on our players for a decent sum, in this case a profit. We knew it was coming so lets get it done, move on and see what develops  before the window closes.

[/quote]We would still get that profit in the summer, and maybe more, so it makes no sense to have a firesale now, while promotion is still feasible.

Agree Paul. He has been injured, probably not yet fully fit and will only improve as he plays more, why would we sell him now, madness.

[quote user="Grando"]"Naismith coming back in the side would be an absolute disaster. Not the player you want in this league. He''s about as hungry as a Polar Bear that''s eaten 100 seals in a week."

If Naismith was a polar bear he wouldn''t have ever caught one seal. Though he might''ve growled at them excessively and jabbed his paw in a vaguely threatening manner as they slid off the sea ice and brushed effortlessly past him.[/quote]

LOL

@nexus

So why is Webber the problem?

Is Webber saying the club has to be self funded?

Did Webber sign off on Neil signing players like Naismith and Jarvis to long expensive contracts that we can''t shift?

Did Webber keep a failing manager on far too long and blow any chance of promotion last season?

If we were currently in the top six of the Championship.......We certainly wouldn''t let any of our ''valued assets'' leave in January......

Most of us have agreed that we need a new striker. If we bought one with the proceeds of this sale (remember the club have said that if we want new players we have to sell first), would we be happier?

It’s not been agreed has it? Just speculation at this stage. I bet if we get rid of Naismith without having to finance his departure we’d have zero pressure to sell.

"Oh yeah blame Delia, that''s the go to isn''t it.

Sure she''s no Shiek Doesntgiveashiek with loads of money but she''s not the problem"

So the owner of the club is not responsible for wasting all our premiership money on absolutely daft decisions, time & time again?

Who do you blame or are you one of the" its Norwich what do you expect" brigade?

Selling Pritchard is massively weakening out team. End of.

I am geninely asking this... what exactly does Delia do for this club at this precise moment of time?

Its all about the devil you know.

Yeah I agree perhaps we could get a really great investor in or owner perhaps.

BUT

What happens when we get some prat in who wants to change the logo or kit or use it as his personal bank.

The issue is not that I am pro Delia, its the fact that so many people throw insults at a person who actually does have the clubs best interest at heart.

People talk about signing off on Naismith and Wildschutt she gambled and lost.

Sure we have had some train wreck signings here by Alex Neil BUT if they had kept us up people wouldn''t be pointing fingers and moaning about her.

Blame Alex Neil or whoever scouted them rather than the executive who signed off on someone else''s decision.

The issue is so many fans think that they understand the business world or accounts or the back ground politics and the truth is they don''t have a clue.. but as we always prove we need a scape goat.

We have employed Webber who''s job is to be a managing director so many of these "Delia decisions" have now been handed over to a little twerp who got lucky.

Before people say "He''s well respected and liked in football" so is Chris Houghton.

So the fact we have passed these decisions over to a ''little twerp who got lucky'' is also nothing to do with the owners.

Righto

We don''t need to sell do we? Didn''t the sale of last seasons young, English star player balance the books in the summer to avoid the need to sell another?

Just to play devils advocate, I''m seeing lots of bitching about the club for selling him (he''s not been sold yet) but how do you know it''s not him and\or his agent forcing this through?

Maybe we don''t need to sell, but once a players heads been turned and a decent offer is on the table then it''s only going to go the way the player wants.

Likewise, when people say it''s far too cheap, if so why doesn''t another club nip in and gazump that bargain? It''s only too cheap if there''s more than one buyer!!

I hope he stays, but if he doesn''t I hope him going means that nobody else has to go who we don''t want offloaded.

[quote user="king canary"]@nexus

So why is Webber the problem?

Is Webber saying the club has to be self funded?

Did Webber sign off on Neil signing players like Naismith and Jarvis to long expensive contracts that we can''t shift?

Did Webber keep a failing manager on far too long and blow any chance of promotion last season?[/quote]Wasn''t that the economic genius from Harvard ? 

Why not keep them all, buy a striker and go for it.

Potential rewards are massive compared to the risk, so long as we are confident in our new recruitment team of course.

Why not keep them all, buy a striker and go for it.

It isn''t going to be easy to persuade an established striker to join us.

It is going to have to be from lower than us or we can''t afford him or he''s past his sell by date.

And our scoring record this season isn''t going to be high on the list of things to impress somebody with.

It’s all so predictable! The rest of the talent will be sold off in the summer. I’d hate to think what our squad will consist of next season. We’re heading back to where Paul Lambert saved us from....

Anything less than 15m is a joke, when you see what other players are going for to Premiership . Pritchard is quality and will almost certainly leave this summer if we do not go up, but I would hold out and let Huddersfield up the money!

We let Howson and Murphy go really for small sums only few months ago enough is enough.

Murphy (Ja) cost the Tynesiders £12 Million. He is already winning player of the match reviews for them, as a winger. That was in the summer window. The winter window is for desperate clubs wanting to turn around their fortunes - there is usually a premium of 20% on the summer fees because of this (an unwritten Redknapp rule). There should also be a premioum of 20% because Pritchard is more of a central midfielder. As such £16.8 million minimum before ''Uddersfield should have been allowed to get near to Pritchard. Anything less and someone at the club needs a kicking.

[quote user="JF"]It’s all so predictable! The rest of the talent will be sold off in the summer. I’d hate to think what our squad will consist of next season. We’re heading back to where Paul Lambert saved us from....[/quote]For goodness sake JF..Pritch is one guy. Yes we know how valuable he is to us but to say we are headed back to L1..you are honestly that negative about our club for the rest of the year?..and why think about the summer?..think about the here and now..summer will come when it comes.I know its been a topsy turvy season so far...suppose many fans views on Pritchard are so highly esteemed that well..in such a season as this we could never win any game say as away to Reading, Sheff. Utd, Boro and Ipswich without him...could we...

The point that is often forgotten is that we are Norwich City. If we were a bigger club and/or in a better position a) we might have to sell him and b) command more money for him.

The fact is is that we need the cash. I don''t like it more than anyone else, but Maddison or Pritchard were going in this window and the other will go in the summer.

Farke isn''t going to make waves as we all swim in Delia''s sea of mediocrity.

Nick Mashiter is saying that Pritchard is keen to move to Huddersfield and this feels like a deal that is going to happen...in which case grab the 11 mill and move on, theres 3 weeks of the window left.

Essjayess wrote the following post at 09/01/2018 6:00 PM:

JF wrote:

It’s all so predictable! The rest of the talent will be sold off in the summer. I’d hate to think what our squad will consist of next season. We’re heading back to where Paul Lambert saved us from....

For goodness sake JF..Pritch is one guy. Yes we know how valuable he is to us but to say we are headed back to L1..you are honestly that negative about our club for the rest of the year?..and why think about the summer?..think about the here and now..summer will come when it comes.

I know its been a topsy turvy season so far...suppose many fans views on Pritchard are so highly esteemed that well..in such a season as this we could never win any game say as away to Reading, Sheff. Utd, Boro and Ipswich without him...could we...

After we’ve sold the rest of the quality in the summer and downgraded on their replacements throughout the pitch, which direction do you think the club is heading?

I don’t think we will get relegated this year. Almost certain if it.

But selling Pritchard now, Maddison in the summer and Oliveira at some point, then take out Tettey who is out of contract, it doesn’t fill me with much confidence for next season and beyond

On the plus side, it looks like Wolves may have moved on from Oliveria - apparently they have had a bid rejected for Andre Silva from AC Milan. For £34.7million.

34.7 MILLION!

JF..i dont see the club as downgrading...i see it as probably about halfway thru downsizing the wage bill. As to where do i think we are headed...wel l in the short term..meaning this season and the next..likely staying where we are, in the Champs.You have it in your head that any City player of quality is to be sold either now or in the summer..that depends on who you think is quality i guess. Personally i think City have plenty of quality..the current defence of Pinto, Klose, Zimbo, Lewis, Hanley, midfield and upfront, Tettey, Trybill, Ollie, Madders, Josh...lots of promising youngsters like Louis Thomson, Ben Godfrey, Raggett, and others...so are we selling all these guys?Keep things in perspective JF..if we do sell 1 or 2 like Pritchard and Maddison...then we will go out and buy other players...the club have already said that. At the absolute least i see us retaining our Champs status..with  much more chance of heading up than down...eventually.

I don''t want Pritchard to go like the rest of us.He will go but get Ben Godfrey back in the summer certainly not like for like but the midfield will be stronger

The midfield will be stronger with Ben Godfrey if we lose Pritchard?

When Godfrey comes back we won’t have Tettey either, and probably Maddison will also have been sold

You think Midfield will be stronger?