Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

Ultimately that we have to sell all these players either now or in the summer is not down to webber. Its down to the decisions taken by the board/owners and specifically its down to Delia''s refusal to give up her train set.

Obviously we still might need to cut costs under different owners but the pressure would not be so acute and our bargaining position would be a lot stronger under wealthier owners.

11m doesn''t strike me as a fee that is unachievable in the summer. So to sell now would be stupid.
On the positive side, well, not so much positive but realistic side, it would at least kill any faint glimmer that some had regarding playoffs this season.

[quote user="Alex "]£11 million for Alex Pritchard, contracted to us till 2020 is an absolute joke, for a relatively young English player better than Jacob Murphy. We could easily get that for him in the summer. No coincidence there’s been an upturn in results since he came back into the side (with Tettey, granted). Despite what people say, we’re not out of the Play Off picture just yet, but surely will be if we lose him. I trust my club to do the right thing, but not £11 million in the January transfer window - that would be ridiculous.[/quote]Would be disapointing Alex...but not ridiculous. If there is 11 million on the table then City will take it..after all hes one of the high earners and we all knew he would be away at some point. He could get crocked between now and summer or any one of many scenarios..fact is we all know the club had  more cloth cutting to do, in a perfect world we would as fans no doubt hoped it was Naismith going, not Pritch..but it is what it is.

Due to his wages he was always going to go now or in the summer. Norwich''s bargaining position will be much weaker in 6 months, with everyone knowing players have to be sold to make ends meet with greater urgency.

No other clubs seemingly coming in for Pritchard is probably what is keeping the price down, wait until the summer and Norwich would probably be lucky to get what they paid for him.

If the original bid was £5m and they have come back again so quickly at £11m then it''s pretty obvious that they were told that something between £10m & £15m would get him. Reckon he''ll go for £12m or £13m

Mashiter has just tweeted that Huddersfield have made a second, ''significantly higher offer'' than the £5m we rejected.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="king canary"]Pretty ballsy for the sun to claim he''s agreed a deal though- suggests we''re negotiating with them at least.

Will be very sad to see him go, will be a huge blow if he''s followed out by Maddison in the summer.[/quote]Unfortunately, it is looking increasingly more likely that this will be the case... I wouldn''t be happy selling Pritch for £11M either. I think his value to us at this current time is more than that. It seems as though this story has gained significant traction and I wouldn''t blame AP for wanting to play in the Prem. Huddersfield haven''t done badly at all this season. They certainly won''t get relegated. So it is a more lucrative choice than us at this point in time.[/quote]

They absolutely could get relegated and I would have them and Brighton as quite likely candidates. I would therefore be surprised if Pritchard was particularly set on this move. he can do better.[/quote]Perhaps he can but for a player who wants to ply his trade in the Prem and can get paid more money for doing so, this might well be an attractive proposition. The idea is that he goes there and helps keep them up. Ultimately, that''s what Huddersfield want.

So the optimism of seeing the budding partnership of Pritchard & Maddison, that we are all happy to see blooming, is cut short due to a crap bid of £11m (less than Murphy) and a large portion of our fans say...." oh well it''s inevitable as we have to sell....". It''s only inevitable due to the constantly appalling decisions taken by our owners and their complete lack of any investment.

Getting sick of it to be honest. We are so bloody small time and amateurish it pathetic. Well at least Delia and co can hang on to their retirement entertainment for a bit more...

To be perfectly honest, it''s a pathetic figure for a young, quality, English player in the Jan window. We must be absolutely desperate to lower the wage bill.

[quote user="Ian"]To be perfectly honest, it''s a pathetic figure for a young, quality, English player in the Jan window. We must be absolutely desperate to lower the wage bill.[/quote]

It''s a bloody disgrace! The board have shafted the running of this club to such an extend that we have to hawk round our best talent in the hope we start a bidding war.

Anyone trying to spin this as positive is either on the board or related to our owners.

Time for them to go...

[quote user="king canary"]Mashiter has just tweeted that Huddersfield have made a second, ''significantly higher offer'' than the £5m we rejected.[/quote]This is the one that really adds credence to this story. If Mashiter is saying the offer is significantly higher then 11 mill would seem to be about right. Really need to think that if the finer details are being worked on, then this instance the Sun were bang on the money and Pritch is on his way.Maybe this opens the door for Naismith to get back in the team and start earning the wages we pay him...i know, i know..hes not a Pritch, but hes earning a lot here and is a City player.

If we let him go for £11m in January (when prices are normally higher than in the summer) I will be annoyed and unhappy.

Having said that, if they''ve bid 5 and had that rejected and quickly come back at 11m, that doesn''t indicate to me they''ve necessarily been told he''ll be available for 11m, more that 5 was way off.  There must be a realistic price where selling him will balance the books for next season in the Champs just by itself, and that would be a lot harder to turn down, but personally I don''t think we''ve reached that amount yet.

It’s only a rumour at present, but it’s no coincidence that our upturn in form has come since a Tettey & Pritchard have returned.

It would be a massive blow, funny to see so man6 shrug their shoulders and say that’s football. Sutton anyone? Not many supporters shrugged their shoulders back then!

11 million considering he’s not played a huge amount for us what with AN reluctance and injury is a decent return on paper but in reality it would be far short of his real worth to any team.

I’m suprised that Brighton aren’t in for him if this rumour is true too.

[quote user="Essjayess"]

Maybe this opens the door for Naismith to get back in the team and start earning the wages we pay him...i know, i know..hes not a Pritch, but hes earning a lot here and is a City player.
[/quote]

Wow - you are an optimist, is all I can say - I hope you''re right but not holding my breath...

Far to valuable to us to sell. If we added a decent striker to what we already have then playoffs would still be a possibility. Worth a bit of a gamble with Delias money.

Norwich can only sell for what is being offered.

They can gamble, refuse all offers and hope someone comes up with more in the summer. Nothing, however, is going to change the fact that Norwich will receive £35m less in the summer than they did the previous summer. While a lot of work was done to cover that drop in income already, there is still more to be done.

I have been told from someone up near Huddersfield that the £11m has been refused, so The Sun might have jumped the gun.

11 million is taking the pi55,our team without Pritchard is like a clock without hands.

Either Pritchard or Maddison were going to go this window and if we get around £12M, that would be about right.

Obviously we all want him to stay, but there is absolutely no reason for him to. Huddersfield are ambitious, play good football, pay higher wages, play in the EPL against some of the best teams in the world.

NCFC offers him ECL, less wages, no ambition, no EPL, tedious to reasonable football which isn''t going to change with majority shareholders that still think football revolves around Tom Finney and you can go out for 2s 6d and still have enough for the bus fare home.

Naismith coming back in the side would be an absolute disaster. Not the player you want in this league. He''s about as hungry as a Polar Bear that''s eaten 100 seals in a week.

[quote user="king canary"]If we''re selling it is only because of the financial position created by Delia & co, not because Webber is giving ''mates rates.''

The fucking state of some people on here.[/quote]

Oh yeah blame Delia, that''s the go to isn''t it.

Sure she''s no Shiek Doesntgiveashiek with loads of money but she''s not the problem.

"The fucking state of some people on here"

We still have an outside chance of the play-offs, so the club clearly must not sell until the summer.  Crazy if they do, as the situation could be rescued by promotion or even a good final run in with many TV appearances and season ticket renewals generating funds, and consequently player values increasing, whereas selling means a poor end to the season as the other players and supporters are demoralised at the lack of ambition, and the better players seek to leave in the summer at cut price.     

Sorry, but I can''t see that 12m is about right for young, British players as exceptional as Maddison and Pritchard, who are both on long term contracts.

To be perfectly honest, if we lose those two for any less than silly money, but keep some of the donkeys we have on the books at the club, we might as well all give up.

Maybe we should wait until the end of the window to judge. This is only one potential transaction of perhaps many.

And this is only Webber''s second window remember.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Maybe we should wait until the end of the window to judge. This is only one potential transaction of perhaps many.

And this is only Webber''s second window remember.[/quote]

And potentially last.

Yes i to am disapointed that Pritch is almost for sure on his way..and it hurts more right now as we saw a real good partnership forming with him and Madders..but whats new? To be a fan of our club means dealing with the reality of our club..likely the only true self funding football club in the entire top two divisions. I hear so much talk of us being small, pathetic, amateurish etc etc..blame it on Delia blah blah..but its realism, pragmatic and absolutely professional to sell on our players for a decent sum, in this case a profit. We knew it was coming so lets get it done, move on and see what develops  before the window closes.

I''ll be disappointed if Pritchard leaves us for only £11m because to us he''s worth a fair bit more but if you look at it from a neutral''s point of view is he really worth any more ?He has virtually no experience playing Premier League football. As City fans we know he is easily a top flight player but he hasn''t got it on his CV so any top flight club buying an untested player would be unlikely to want to pay a lot more in the event he doesn''t cut it.Sadly from a business point of view £11m is probably all we''re going to get at this stage.

"Naismith coming back in the side would be an absolute disaster. Not the player you want in this league. He''s about as hungry as a Polar Bear that''s eaten 100 seals in a week."

If Naismith was a polar bear he wouldn''t have ever caught one seal. Though he might''ve growled at them excessively and jabbed his paw in a vaguely threatening manner as they slid off the sea ice and brushed effortlessly past him.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I agree with lincoln, in any transfer window there are literally hundreds of useless rumours in "club A  are interested in club B''s player", but looking at how the reports have come out today suggest that its near to the mark as to whats happening. Archant factually come out with Huddersfields initial 5 mill "testing the waters" bid and a bit later the Sun break the up to date info.What the Sun are claiming is much more than just an interest, its that just the finer details are being hammered out. If there is complete untruth about this story then the Sun are going to be made to look stupid and i know...it would not be the first time thats happened. But could we be so lucky?..This is City we are talking about..Redmond went for 11 mill..Jacob for 12 mill...so Pritch going for 11 would be  no surprise sadly.We need this deal wrapped up quickly if its true..to find a replacement before the month ends.[/quote]

The replacement will be of league 1 standard, this club/business is being run down faster than even I ever thought would happen.

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="Fuzzar"]Maybe we should wait until the end of the window to judge. This is only one potential transaction of perhaps many.

And this is only Webber''s second window remember.[/quote]

And potentially last.[/quote]Doubt it will be his last...We''re all up in arms about this and I agree. £11M is a crap offer for a young, talented English player. I''m afraid we''re just going to have to deal with this kind of speculation over our most valuable assets until this window slams shut. However, if Pritch did go for, say, £15M then would we be happier with that? We''ve seen it before... We all complain that a player might be leaving and that he is indespensible to us. Then someone else emerges and we all go ''*player name* WHO???!''