Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]If Norwich/Huddersfield were that close I think we''d have heard something out of the local press about it.[/quote]The local press tend to follow up after things are reported on here and other sites Bethnal, they follow rather than lead.

[quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="king canary"]Pretty ballsy for the sun to claim he''s agreed a deal though- suggests we''re negotiating with them at least.

Will be very sad to see him go, will be a huge blow if he''s followed out by Maddison in the summer.[/quote]Unfortunately, it is looking increasingly more likely that this will be the case... I wouldn''t be happy selling Pritch for £11M either. I think his value to us at this current time is more than that. It seems as though this story has gained significant traction and I wouldn''t blame AP for wanting to play in the Prem. Huddersfield haven''t done badly at all this season. They certainly won''t get relegated. So it is a more lucrative choice than us at this point in time.[/quote]

They absolutely could get relegated and I would have them and Brighton as quite likely candidates. I would therefore be surprised if Pritchard was particularly set on this move. he can do better.

I''d like to think he''ll  stay at least until the end of the season. Imo mid-season moves seldom work out well in the short term and he will get more game time and development staying where he is at least for the rest of this season. 

Lappin,

The local boys just don''t publish speculation as fact though and when they say it you can pretty much take it as gospel.

They get a lot of flack but the Archant team are very good compared to many other local news outlets.

The real question is how much of the Pritchard fee would be reinvested in the playing squad, and how much of it will be used to fill a hole in the finances

I guess he is also one of our highest earners considering we managed to get him from under Brighton''s nose

The local boys have got more reliable under Webber because they appear to now get some stuff direct from the club, particularly when its felt to be in the clubs interest to put something out into the public domain.

Mashiter is also clearly Webber''s go to guy in the media so his tweets/stories seem to be quite reliable.

Thing is, even if Huddersfield go down (which is unlikely in my opinion) they''d have more of a chance of going back up next season than we would. So why wouldn''t he move?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]£11m is absolutely not an acceptable fee for this player at this moment in time. If we sell him for that then i will be very disappointed and angry.

Anything under £15m in this window and we should hold on and sell in the summer if we have not gone up (which I accept is unlikely to happen but still possible).[/quote]

Absolutely correct,

He will be replaced with a quarter the price/ability player.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]The real question is how much of the Pritchard fee would be reinvested in the playing squad, and how much of it will be used to fill a hole in the finances

I guess he is also one of our highest earners considering we managed to get him from under Brighton''s nose[/quote]

He''s clearly in the bracket of players on the higher wages we will need to offload by the start of next season if we do not go up. For me though the issue is whether the fee is enough to persuade us to sell him "prematurely" in this window and i do not feel that the rumoured £11m is anything like enough. if we are going to be a "selling club" moving forward then its imperative that we get top value for our players and don''t sell to the first bidder. We still have a fighting chance of a run at the playoffs and I think it will be unacceptable for us to sell Pritchard or Maddison for anything other than silly money offers at this moment in time.

Pritchard won''t be at Norwich by the end of the window, think that has always been pretty clear. Was just a matter of how much Norwich could get for him.

Footballers rarely turn down the chance to earn more and play in a higher league.

Huddersfield have as much chance of being relegated than any other team who might make an offer for Pritchard, and are considerably more likely to stay up than WBA or Swansea.

I always take fees published in papers with a pinch of salt and no difference here. The club already have his replacement in the team with Maddison and some of the cash from his sale can hopefully be used to re-balance the squad.

We probably don''t really need to replace him- Maddison and Wes can cover the number 10 spot.

I''d imagine based on the links we''ve had that any money reinvested will be spent on a more natural wide player.

I wouldn''t be shocked if we saw Jerome, Wildschut, Naismith, Martin and Pritchard all leave this window with a winger and a striker coming in.

[quote user="king canary"]Thing is, even if Huddersfield go down (which is unlikely in my opinion) they''d have more of a chance of going back up next season than we would. So why wouldn''t he move?[/quote]Because if he continues to do well and show even better for the rest of this season, he might attract a bigger club than Huddersfield in the summer.  

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Jim Smith"]£11m is absolutely not an acceptable fee for this player at this moment in time. If we sell him for that then i will be very disappointed and angry.

Anything under £15m in this window and we should hold on and sell in the summer if we have not gone up (which I accept is unlikely to happen but still possible).[/quote]

Absolutely correct,

He will be replaced with a quarter the price/ability player.[/quote]

£3 million, that''s optimistic! Shopping in the German second division, I''d say we''ll spend a tenth tops.

Although I half expect Farke to come out and say he already has his replacement in Vrancic.

[quote user="king canary"]Thing is, even if Huddersfield go down (which is unlikely in my opinion) they''d have more of a chance of going back up next season than we would. So why wouldn''t he move?[/quote]

he won''t get much more wages wise at Hudds than he''s on with us (particulartly if they come down). Why would he be so set on a move to Huddersfield? They may temporarily be premier league but they are still a small club really - he will get better offers if he''s prepared to be patient.

Pritchard is a player with open market value, on reasonably good wages, who we don’t actually need to replace.

We have spent lavishly and unnecessarily on number 10’s (or similar) players, when requirements were greater elsewhere.

Pritchard hard is also a talented player, rather than a weapon, in the sense that he relies on being excellent, as opposed to having a singular, repeatable skills that are hard to stop.

In the circumstances, his was the most obvious - and easiest - sale.

Parma

Football doesn''t work like that though Jim.

If he turns this move down, he might do his knee ligaments playing for us in April and wreck any chances of playing at the Premier League level for the foreseeable.

''Size of club'' is irrelevant, hence why we could pluck players from Leeds at will when we were in the top division.

He''ll easily up his wages by 25% to 30% going to a Prem club.

If Huddersfield are relegated then he can move onto someone else in the future a la Brady.

Players don''t tend to look more than 6 months ahead, injuries can ruin their career at any point and money on the table is worth far more than potential money in the future. If no one else is interested now, then there is no guarantee anyone else will be in 6 months and Huddersfield may have brought someone else in and his chance is gone.

"We have spent lavishly and unnecessarily on number 10’s (or similar) players, when requirements were greater elsewhere. "

Just wish we could shift the other £8m number 10 on the books instead of him.

I agree with lincoln, in any transfer window there are literally hundreds of useless rumours in "club A  are interested in club B''s player", but looking at how the reports have come out today suggest that its near to the mark as to whats happening. Archant factually come out with Huddersfields initial 5 mill "testing the waters" bid and a bit later the Sun break the up to date info.What the Sun are claiming is much more than just an interest, its that just the finer details are being hammered out. If there is complete untruth about this story then the Sun are going to be made to look stupid and i know...it would not be the first time thats happened. But could we be so lucky?..This is City we are talking about..Redmond went for 11 mill..Jacob for 12 mill...so Pritch going for 11 would be  no surprise sadly.We need this deal wrapped up quickly if its true..to find a replacement before the month ends.

@king

I''m not saying he wouldn''t go to Huddersfield, just that i find it hard to believe he would have his heart set on a move to Huddersfield to the extent thta he would really force the move.

Well, I''ll be sad to see him go. We haven''t exploited his potential while he''s been here, which I guess is down to Alex Neil?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Well, I''ll be sad to see him go. We haven''t exploited his potential while he''s been here, which I guess is down to Alex Neil?[/quote]

it is indeed, and the board for not dismissing Neil sooner.

Playing Pritchard week in, week out, from the start of last season would surely have improved our points total - and potentially led to promotion.

£11 million for Alex Pritchard, contracted to us till 2020 is an absolute joke, for a relatively young English player better than Jacob Murphy. We could easily get that for him in the summer. No coincidence there’s been an upturn in results since he came back into the side (with Tettey, granted). Despite what people say, we’re not out of the Play Off picture just yet, but surely will be if we lose him. I trust my club to do the right thing, but not £11 million in the January transfer window - that would be ridiculous.

Webber said we don''t need to sell ergo we don''t need to sell and shouldn''t sell.

Makes me angry even thinking about it.

Unless a stupidly good deal comes in and in todays market £11m for Pritch is not stupidly good, then we tell them to sod off.

Begs the question why Webber is selling to his former club, mates rates or old ties?

Still think Webber should be first person out the door rather than everyone shouting and screaming at Delia.

Bad news bringing him in the first place.

If we''re selling it is only because of the financial position created by Delia & co, not because Webber is giving ''mates rates.''

The fucking state of some people on here.