Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Pritchard

£5m for Pritchard. Huddersfield are a bit early for April Fools aren''t they. Never seen a more derisory "let''s turn the players head" offer in all my life. Even Pritchard must be thinking that if that is all they think he is worth.

In the there that played up top v Chelski I reckon we have almost £50m worth in today''s market.

Wake up Huddersfield. If you want to mix with the big boys you have to pay big bucks.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The firesale continues. Huddersfield appear to be basing their offer based on the distressed value of the player asset. What a fiasco.[/quote]

You could make it up - oh hang on you always do

The squandering of the PL legacy, the razing of the squad and declining football performance that will likely follow, in the context of a company funding model that does not appear aligned with modern championship football would seem to be matters worthy of debate Herman. With a 7m overdraft in the offing, and staged cash payments for any January sales, we’ll likely have to dispose of further assets if the company wishes to cover this shortfall in advance of the balance sheet date.

[quote user="king canary"]Reminds me of when we tried to offer £3m for Brady.

But yeah £5m is an absolute joke.[/quote]

Yep - got to be £15m -£20m if we got £12m for Jacob

As for madders got to be £20m minimum

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="king canary"]Reminds me of when we tried to offer £3m for Brady.

But yeah £5m is an absolute joke.[/quote]

Yep - got to be £15m -£20m if we got £12m for Jacob

As for madders got to be £20m minimum[/quote]

Your going to be disappointed then.

£10 million for Pritchard and £12 million for Maddison and they''re off.

We are not in a position to hold out for more.

I think we must try and hold on until the summer. I am sure his value will have gone up by then as I''m sure he will continue to show us his ability.

Sometimes summer valuations can drop somewhat as the season hasn''t kicked off but with the change to the start of the season for the window to close then clubs will have to do their business early.

Got a feeling this is going to turn ugly.

They have put in a derisory bid for him with the sole intention of turning his head. Now he knows a Prem team has bid for him, what is going on inside his head? Does he go knocking on Farke/Webbers door saying he wants to move? What happens if we say no? **

I wonder if they are trying to mess with us because we poached Webber?

**Of course Alex may be perfectly happy to stay this season and have no intention of moving to Huddersfield anyway

I agree 10-12 million and I think we will sell real shame but city have always been a selling club ,that''s why we keep ending up back in the championship .unless we find a new investor that''s always going to be like this.

Can you remember when we sold Kevin Reeves to build a stand at the time fans said it should be called the Reeves stand.

They offered 5 to signal intent hoping to turn players head and force club to sell for 8.5 when he plays up.

Bottom line is we went public on how poor we are and now everyone knows we have to sell. Ergo rubbish offers come in....

Why are we poor?

We own our ground, our training ground and have decent assets in the squad we have.

We maintain good attendances and have no debt.

Perhaps you should study binland to realise what "poor" is.

It reminds me of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/09/steve-bruce-embarrassing-norwich-hull-robbie-brady

“This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it is all part of the game, but Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that. If it happens, it happens, but Norwich are nowhere near the figures we would even think about accepting at the moment.”

Basically the low bid is an attempt to turn his head, so when they come back in with an increased offer we are more likely to accept it. I would suggest they are at least £7mil off our valuation though

Obviously trying to turn Pritch''s head, whether they come back with a bigger/acceptable offer is the question.

Wagner said this about Pritchard the other day;

"I like him, but I have my doubts if he will play for us because I know how expensive British players are in this window"

Suggests he may have other players in mind, or that Huddersfield have a fairly low ceiling to what they can/want to offer.

Not sure if many other clubs would be interested in him at this moment. His previous attempt at Premier League football didn''t go to well at WBA and he hasn''t played enough this season to really show he has improved since then.

Doesn''t seem to be a player who would fit the styles at Burnley, Palace. Brighton, West Ham. If Newcastle sort out the takeover and start spending money I can see them have potential interest.

If a bidding war begins then we could see a real inflation in the amount Norwich can sell him for, but unless someone else comes in for him I doubt there will be offers much over £10m-£12m. Whether Norwich accept that now or gamble on getting more interest in the summer is up to Webber.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It reminds me of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/09/steve-bruce-embarrassing-norwich-hull-robbie-brady

“This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it is all part of the game, but Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that. If it happens, it happens, but Norwich are nowhere near the figures we would even think about accepting at the moment.”

Basically the low bid is an attempt to turn his head, so when they come back in with an increased offer we are more likely to accept it. I would suggest they are at least £7mil off our valuation though[/quote]

So it makes no sense in publicising the low bid.

The more media attention the more likely his head will turn.

A club might publicise this for a few reasons;

1) Show they are negotiating to get the most amount of money possible: "We have rejected an offer for our player, we don''t just take the first offer that comes in."

2) Alert other potential parties that a bid has been made and if they want to player, they need to get involved.

It was Hull who publicised the Brady bid in order to try and spark an auction for a player who had said he wanted to leave.

Not really sure it is an issue for a club to release this info (if they did), Pritchard will be well aware of any interest in him, and any bids made by prospective clubs. This making it to the local press is not going to make his alter his view on what he wants.

it could unsettle him

he could play in premiership

wages would be higher

better coach / manager

and we are nowhere near going up at the moment

on the plus side

huddersfield are not that big a club so he may think i will wait for bigger club to join the race to sign him

he is from essex closer to norfolk

he might have bought into the Farke way ??

when you bid you have to make a starting point £5mill opens the door to find out how much we want they will end up near the middle and he will be gone this window to someone

Interesting that when we started the bidding for Brady at £3m, quite a few on here were critical of "how it made the club look" because Bruce said it was a derisory bid.  Now Huddersfield have done the same to us... and people are taking it as guaranteed that he''ll leave during this transfer window.

Truth is that Huddersfield are playing the game, the same way as we were when we put in a low opening bid for Brady.  They''ll be trying to gauge from the reaction from City whether he''s actually available at a price they can afford, and trying to unsettle him to put some pressure on City to sell.  Sometimes this does lead to an eventual deal being agreed... sometimes it doesn''t. 

I''d say with Pritchard''s clear quality, I doubt if we''d be willing to end up selling for just £10m, in the current market.  They''d have to push it some way beyond that to get him in this transfer window.  Time will tell.

You''d like to think January is seen as a "Do not weaken squad unless a ridiculous offer we''re not going to get close to in the summer" situation. So even £12m I would think is quite low for January because you''d think we could get £10m irrespective in the summer.

We should be holding out for a silly fee in this window. Huddersfield have had a good first half of the season, but in the end they are only 4 points above the drop. If they want a good player who has got plenty of time to run on his deal, and they want to take him in this window, they are going to have to cough up above the odds for him.

I don''t think Pritchard is that bothered about leaving in this window, he knows he can get a move to a premier league club in the summer if required. His value is not going to drop in 6 months and he might think he could entice a club with a bit more spending power than Huddersfield.

Long story short, if we sell him in this window I would want over £15m for him. If Murphy was worth £12m in the summer, I don''t think that is an unreasonable demand.

HITC saying clubs have agreed a deal for Pritch at 11 mill..a 4 and half year deal, but finalising is still ongoing.

£11m is absolutely not an acceptable fee for this player at this moment in time. If we sell him for that then i will be very disappointed and angry.

Anything under £15m in this window and we should hold on and sell in the summer if we have not gone up (which I accept is unlikely to happen but still possible).

HITC have taken that straight from The Sun.

Looks like speculation to me - they are doing an ''Exclusive'' on a story they think will happen, rather than one that is actually happening.

If Norwich/Huddersfield were that close I think we''d have heard something out of the local press about it.

Pretty ballsy for the sun to claim he''s agreed a deal though- suggests we''re negotiating with them at least.

Will be very sad to see him go, will be a huge blow if he''s followed out by Maddison in the summer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]HITC have taken that straight from The Sun.

Looks like speculation to me - they are doing an ''Exclusive'' on a story they think will happen, rather than one that is actually happening.

If Norwich/Huddersfield were that close I think we''d have heard something out of the local press about it.[/quote]

Well perhaps the £5 million bid story is just a ploy to soften the fans up.

Then when we sell him for £11 million the club can say "wow, look at how well we played hard ball"

Pricthard is worth more than £11 million, but the club will definitely accept that offer.

Shame, Pritchard is the most naturally gifted footballer we''ve had since Hoolahan (in his prime). A delight to watch play.

The Sun have given the caveat that there are still negotiations on the ''finer details''. I think if there was more in this story we''d see at least Charlie Wyett tweet about it.

Papers tend to publicises stories they are more confident about more than those they are making guess on.

Either way, I''d expect the local boys or Nick Mashiter to get the true story soon - they are very reliable

[quote user="king canary"]Pretty ballsy for the sun to claim he''s agreed a deal though- suggests we''re negotiating with them at least.

Will be very sad to see him go, will be a huge blow if he''s followed out by Maddison in the summer.[/quote]Unfortunately, it is looking increasingly more likely that this will be the case... I wouldn''t be happy selling Pritch for £11M either. I think his value to us at this current time is more than that. It seems as though this story has gained significant traction and I wouldn''t blame AP for wanting to play in the Prem. Huddersfield haven''t done badly at all this season. They certainly won''t get relegated. So it is a more lucrative choice than us at this point in time.