Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

What The Phrase 'under no financial pressure to offload' Really Means...

...Once the player has made his mind up he wants to go, there''s no stopping him.

We could make him stay but what is the point?

Using the fact we shouldn''t have let him go as the stick to beat the club with is just madness.

No fan is honestly happy to see him go but his head was turned and he wanted PL football, we''ve made about £7 million profit according to reports so ultimately if he was going to go we''ve done some good business here.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]...Once the player has made his mind up he wants to go, there''s no stopping him.

We could make him stay but what is the point?

Using the fact we shouldn''t have let him go as the stick to beat the club with is just madness.[/quote]

Rubbish. Not all players throw their toys out of the pram. What’s the point in making him stay? I don’t know, maybe about 8-10 goals and mores assist between now and the end of the season. I’d say that’s a pretty good point.

The club wanted to sell Pritchard. They wanted the cash. Of course Pritchard was only too obliging.

Even if they didn’t, they have just basically told ALL the players and their agents how to get out of Norwich City, genius!!

Any player now worth something who knows via his agent that there would be interest now just needs to tell the club that wants them to put an offer in to start the process and then the player just says that he wants to leave.

All negotiating strength has just disappeared 🤦🏻‍♂️

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Even if they didn’t, they have just basically told ALL the players and their agents how to get out of Norwich City, genius!!

Any player now worth something who knows via his agent that there would be interest now just needs to tell the club that wants them to put an offer in to start the process and then the player just says that he wants to leave.

All negotiating strength has just disappeared 🤦🏻‍♂️[/quote]And the agents didn''t know this before, of course, because they''re such innocent and ill-informed people... how naive are you?!We don''t know if the club initiated it because they need to sell, or if Pritchard initiated it because he was keen to leave. In all likelihood, it''s probably a bit of both.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Even if they didn’t, they have just basically told ALL the players and their agents how to get out of Norwich City, genius!!

All negotiating strength has just disappeared 🤦🏻‍♂️[/quote]Norwich City could have said absolutely nothing about its financial position, or even lied through its teeth to claim we were rolling in money, and clubs and agents would still have known the truth was we badly needed to sell a player or players to get high-earners off our books and plug the impending hole in our accounts.

That''s nonsense Rich T. Agents and players are fully aware of how to force a transfer.

By saying we don''t have to sell means that buyers are going to have to offer good money. Which they have for Pritchard.

What is more of a concern is that come the summer and the end of our parachute payments we will be in a position where we do have to sell. That swings the power to the players, agents and buying clubs.

Better to get a good price for Pritchard now, in an inflated January window, when we ''don''t have to sell''.

Wow, seems as though I missed the bleeding obvious, I do apologise to being naive although for the record I was actually being sarcastic.

It’s one thing everyone knowing that’s the case but to actively broadcast it in public is the naive stupidity with all of this.

How much more amateurish can we be?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Wow, seems as though I missed the bleeding obvious, I do apologise to being naive although for the record I was actually being sarcastic.

It’s one thing everyone knowing that’s the case but to actively broadcast it in public is the naive stupidity with all of this.

How much more amateurish can we be?[/quote]

Absolutely agree. The way the Board, including our new Sporting Director, runs things is just appalling.

We had a player under contract until 2020. We don''t need to sell apparently, despite announcing that we have a £24m shortfall next season.

We should have simply said up front that we were not selling, then Pritchard wouldn''t have been given the chance to suggest he wanted to leave. It is a nonsensical way to run any business when you are so easily prepared to let your best player go (yes, he is better than Maddison at the moment). And at such a low fee if what has been reported is true, but who really knows that? Wagner says it''s nearer £8m.

As for our Board - Giving up on the playoffs; giving up on the season. Once again, so out of touch with the supporters.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Wow, seems as though I missed the bleeding obvious, I do apologise to being naive although for the record I was actually being sarcastic.

How much more amateurish can we be?[/quote]Everybody with half a brain knows this already - it''s hardly broadcasting a state secret! Every club has done it - Liverpool recently over the sale of Coutinho. Do you follow football at all? [:O]

The problem is it’s people like you with only half a brain that see the obvious.

Maybe you’re not old enough to have a business brain but it’s business suicide to give away anything about the state of your business.

This business (NCFC) says to much and is always on the back foot when it comes to business dealings.

Many businesses have gone out of business due to stupidity and I’ll timed comments and yes I’m sure every club is the same, but how many other clubs do you see make so many amateurish statements that basically tell everyone what sort of financial problems we have and how weak we are.

I don’t know, maybe if they had half a brain they could have just come out and said that we received a good offer, we believe it suits all parties and then shut the *#%^ up.

Bit like posters on here I guess with those half brains, or should that be half brain cell?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]The problem is it’s people like you with only half a brain that see the obvious.

Maybe you’re not old enough to have a business brain but it’s business suicide to give away anything about the state of your business.

This business (NCFC) says to much and is always on the back foot when it comes to business dealings.

Many businesses have gone out of business due to stupidity and I’ll timed comments and yes I’m sure every club is the same, but how many other clubs do you see make so many amateurish statements that basically tell everyone what sort of financial problems we have and how weak we are.

I don’t know, maybe if they had half a brain they could have just come out and said that we received a good offer, we believe it suits all parties and then shut the *#%^ up.

Bit like posters on here I guess with those half brains, or should that be half brain cell?[/quote]Angry person attempts to prove intellectual weakness of others by going on ill-thought-through stream of consciousness alert! [:D]

Sorry Rich T, I don''t think you follow football if you have never come across this before. With regards "business sense," show me the guide to business that advocates consistently having wages greater than turnover!

Pretty much every clubs makes statements about their financial situation, they have to when they publish accounts.

Also, Norwich were relegated (you may have noticed) so it doesn''t take much to work out that will mean a massive loss in income.

There is nothing secret about the state of Norwich''s finances, and the club need to come out and make statements about it in order to keep fans'' expectations in check. It doesn''t work with many of the more dull witted fans of course, they still expect the club to run on a Premier League budget in the Championship - or to just magic money out of thin air.

Players don''t learn of much through the press, interested clubs will speak to their agents long before they make bids so interest will be well know. The idea any of what Norwich have come out and said will influence how much a club bids for a player is laughable.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying that. Weather the player wants to leave or not, he was under a long contract and it’s only Huddersfield, who realistically could very well be back in the championship next season. We would hardly be denying him a big move. Under the contract he was happy to sign we could have said to him that he was here until the summer and then we would see where we were.

You’re just proved the point perfectly and not the one you think.

My point is that yes it’s common knowledge that players can force moves, but name me one club who has actually come out and told the world that we didn’t want to sell him but he forced the issue? I’m sure there are many players that have done so and it probably is happening as we speak at other clubs, but I can bet we won’t be told that officially by the club

And for the record, I don’t think there is such a document and wasn’t the point of this post but hell, let’s just change the subject to add some self worth to a post 👍🏻

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]The problem is it’s people like you with only half a brain that see the obvious.

Bit like posters on here I guess with those half brains, or should that be half brain cell?[/quote]I wouldn''t say I had a business brain but I do at least know that if you are a PLC, as Norwich City is, the directors have a duty to tell the shareholders - and so the world - the state of the business. And that particularly applies if the state of the business is bad and requiring remedial action. Again, not having a business brain I wouldn''t be sure, but I think it comes under the heading of "fiduciary duty" or some such incomprehensible term. Of course this duty doesn''t apply if you''re only running a corner shop.

Again that’s not the point here is it.

The club has to declare its accounts for all to see, so yes everyone can see what money comes in and what goes out.

There is no business ruling that asks NCFC to tell anyone why they have sold a player, none.

I’m currently setting up a business for someone and what I have to offer isn’t as good as my competitors, am I going to tell the world that it’s not and lose any kind of power or perception people might have of my business, not a chance.

It’s not the same but the principles are the same, you just don’t need to do it whether it’s well known or well assumed that players can force moves.

My point has never been about Pritchard or anyone else forcing a move, it’s been about the stupidity of saying it in public as everyone now ‘knows’ we have no balls to stand our ground.

I can''t help but feel the club is getting what it wants a bit here.

They know selling Pritchard is going to be unpopular.

They know they aren''t going to be reinvesting much of the money.

So they start briefing that Pritchard drove the move, that it was down to the player forcing it rather than them choosing to sell. Then the fans look the other way, blame the player and say ''well, when a players had his head turned, what can you do?''

I don''t doubt Pritchard wanted to move, and would have let the club know he''d like to speak to Huddersfield. However I also don''t think if we''d have held out he would have gone on strike.

If Norwich really wanted to, they could have kept hold of Pritchard and I''m sure he would have played and not thrown his toys out of the pram. However, whether he would have been at is best is questionable. Some players can put it out of their mind and some seem very affected by it.

Holding onto players when they want to leave often has negative impacts on the squad though, other players don''t like to see it as they know it might be them in the position of wanting to leave one day - it can even put off potential signings as no one wants to go to a club where it can be a nightmare to get out. Southampton have managed to attract great young prospects as it is understood they will let players move on if the offer comes.

What will have influenced the sale is a number of factors. Firstly is the knowledge that if not now, then Pritchard would leave in the summer and Norwich could reasonably expect the fee to be £1m - £3m less depending on what happens between then and now. It could be significantly less if he''d done his ankle again. The summer is always cheaper and with Norwich right up against a financial cliff face clubs would jump on the opportunity to exploit it.

Secondly it may allow Norwich to move some transfers from the summer forward to this month, giving players more time to settle or making it less likely other clubs will swoop in for them. We know Norwich are in discussions with at least two players, and there are bound to be numerous more who haven''t been spotted having a coffee with Farke.

Thirdly, Norwich are trying to build a team. With Pritchard almost certainly leaving it doesn''t help a huge amount getting him integrated into the team, with everyone pretty much knowing he''s off soon.

Whether this is Norwich ''throwing in the towel'' for this season or calculating that the chances for promotion aren''t worth risking the lost income on Pritchard and the potential discord it creates within the camp is up for debate. Personally I see it as the latter. The fee is potentially on the small side, but that is what happens when only one team bids for a player, hard to negotiate up a price when there is no one to play the buyer off.

That''s how I see it, without knowing what is going on inside Norwich it is guesswork (although I like to think a little informed having worked for several football clubs). No one here, unless Webber, Farke or Pritchard have a secret account, knows the full ins and outs of it and pretending they do is foolish. Everyone at the club wants it to achieve promotion and in theory we are all pulling in the same direction - Webber has proven himself to be a pretty smart cookie when it comes to operating a Championship club and a little faith is needed.

The way it works is this:

As soon as the buying club and selling club agree a fee the player is asked if he wants to speak to the buying club about having his registration transferred to them. If he says yes, then he goes to discuss personal terms with the buying club along with his advisers.

The key point to remember here is that once the selling club has agreed to sell, then it is clear to the player that his current club no longer wants him. That being the case, ten players out of ten will leave the selling club. Only a failed medical or monstrous personal terms could stop the move.

Our NCFC Board is the best Board in the Championship......FACT!....All those folk complaining about recent supposed negative events at the club and those who are are worried that the club is spiralling into oblivion.....Just chill.....

The hierarchy at the club are painstakingly and methodically transforming the whole business into a self sufficient self financing and future successful enterprise.......Ed and Co have got it all in hand.....I trust the NCFC Board to make us another ''Phoenix rising from the ashes''......Ok we sold Pritch, but he''s gone and not coming back.....

Have faith you critics and doubters......A percentage of the current Board are competent and experienced and have 20+ years involvement in the game and, Nephew Tom is rapidly learning the ropes.......Just give this Board the necessary time to achieve what we all desire.......SUCCESS!.....So, you all just be patient as we''re on the right track!......

I reckon around another 20+ years should do it....

Big Vince wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 4:21 PM:

The way it works is this:

As soon as the buying club and selling club agree a fee the player is asked if he wants to speak to the buying club about having his registration transferred to them. If he says yes, then he goes to discuss personal terms with the buying club along with his advisers.

The key point to remember here is that once the selling club has agreed to sell, then it is clear to the player that his current club no longer wants him. That being the case, ten players out of ten will leave the selling club. Only a failed medical or monstrous personal terms could stop the move.

Pretty much spot on. It’s how it was with Bradley Johnson, the player didn’t want the move but as soon as the club made it clear he had no future here, he had no choice but to go.

I may have missed the information as there are so many topics and posts about this.

Will we have to give Spurs a share of the difference between the £8M and whatever the figure Huddersfield have agreed to pay?

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 5:29 PM:

I may have missed the information as there are so many topics and posts about this.

Will we have to give Spurs a share of the difference between the £8M and whatever the figure Huddersfield have agreed to pay?

Reports are saying £7 million clear profit as none of the add ons with spurs were triggered

Reports are saying £7 million clear profit as none of the add ons with spurs were triggered

Thanks. That is one oasis of good news in a desert of bad.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The way it works is this:

The key point to remember here is that once the selling club has agreed to sell, then it is clear to the player that his current club no longer wants him. That being the case, ten players out of ten will leave the selling club. Only a failed medical or monstrous personal terms could stop the move.[/quote]I know that I won''t convince you but you really are very naive if you think this. [:D][:D]

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]You’re just proved the point perfectly and not the one you think.

My point is that yes it’s common knowledge that players can force moves, but name me one club who has actually come out and told the world that we didn’t want to sell him but he forced the issue? I’m sure there are many players that have done so and it probably is happening as we speak at other clubs, but I can bet we won’t be told that officially by the club

And for the record, I don’t think there is such a document and wasn’t the point of this post but hell, let’s just change the subject to add some self worth to a post 👍🏻[/quote]Well that''s easy - how about this for a start? I confidently predict that despite the very evidence you asked for, you will come up with some misleading explanation of "why it''s different in our case."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11204566/jurgen-klopp-says-liverpool-had-no-option-but-to-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona

"Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool had no option but to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool fought hard to keep Philippe Coutinho at the

club but eventually had to admit defeat and sell the playmaker to

Barcelona" ..."we tried absolutely everything to convince Phil to stay here and carry on going together with us"..."
"The club was fighting until the last second and tried everything."

Lol. Bollocks they did when £145 million was on the table!!