Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Team for Bristol City...

Easy to forget that there is actually a game tomorrow considering everything else that is happening...

Time to mix it up and have a change in style. I would go 3-4-1-2 with...

Gunn

Klose - Hanley - Zimmerman

Pinto - Tettey - Trybull - Lewis

Maddison

Oliveira - Murphy

Width provided by Pinto/Lewis, Murphy as a striker with Maddison just behind pulling strings

Looks like it''s worth a try, bet Farke will throw Watkins in though, he really does need to step up now, been woeful so far.

Although defensively Chelsea was OK, we lacked anything going forwards really so wouldn''t want to see that formation again too soon.

For me;

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Lewis

Trybull Tettey

Wes Maddison Murphy

Jerome

Hard to pick anyone else, we''ve got Naismith and Vrancic who have been flops, Oliveira who needs to sort out his attitude and score some goals.

Only player I''ve missed is perhaps Stiepermann, although I feel Murphy and Lewis need to keep playing together, their potential partnership looked good against Chelsea.

I’d go exactly for what Rogue Baboon went with, it puts all the players in the best positions and could allow Murphy to show his obvious talent as he’d be unshackled, able to drift wide and run at the defence. His lack of denfensive awareness, although improving, would be less important if in that free role up top, rather than on the wing.

[quote user="AJ"]Although defensively Chelsea was OK, we lacked anything going forwards really so wouldn''t want to see that formation again too soon.

For me;

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Lewis

Trybull Tettey

Wes Maddison Murphy

Jerome

Hard to pick anyone else, we''ve got Naismith and Vrancic who have been flops, Oliveira who needs to sort out his attitude and score some goals.

Only player I''ve missed is perhaps Stiepermann, although I feel Murphy and Lewis need to keep playing together, their potential partnership looked good against Chelsea.[/quote]

Vrancic has not been a flop. Several times this season he has put players through with key passes only to see the chances wasted. Does that make him a flop, or the players that failed to take those chances?  I would agree he hasn''t been as effective in his overall game as we might have liked, but flop he is not.

What chances were they? And who missed them?

I can think of 1 off the top of my head.

As for Vrancic, nobody really knows where his best position is, and he doesn''t seem to suit any formation we play

Vrancic has been at best ''ok'' and we consistently look better without him in the team.

If we try and replace Pritchard by crowbarring him into the attacking midfield positions I''ll be seriously underwhelmed.

I have no problems with Vrancic if he comes into the team and does well, but at the moment he is completely ineffective in our midfield. I''ve no doubt he''s a talented footballer who obviously has a decent record of doing well elsewhere, but the facts are he hasn''t scored goals, he hasn''t created goals, and we''ve won more games without him in the side.

Maybe the word ''flop'' was a bit much, but he certainly hasn''t been a hit. In my opinion, he hasn''t even done ''OK'' most of the time and he knows he needs to up his game to succeed in England.

It will be as much how Farke sees it best to counter Bristol, my thought is they may well be a bit knackered after Man City so we need to be able to ''go at them''.Cut out the tippity tap and take the game to them

Squad looking very thin on on the ground, with injuries and departures. Worrying.

With Trybull out I wouldn’t mind seeing Stiepermann alongside Tettey in the middle as he was originally bought as a midfielder and could prove a solid base, along as he’s actually fit.

[quote user="nat_canaries"]With Trybull out I wouldn’t mind seeing Stiepermann alongside Tettey in the middle as he was originally bought as a midfielder and could prove a solid base, along as he’s actually fit.[/quote]Yeah, that''s not a bad shout. He did okay at left back for the most part, but was really found out in the last couple of games before injury. Lewis looks a shoo-in for the LB/LWB role now.

Sounds like Reed could come back in for Trybull. We may see a return to 4231 for the champs but I would like to persevere with a 3-4-2-1

Gunn

Hanley Zimmerman Klose

Pinto Tettey Steipermann Lewis

Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

2 two off oliveira having free roles across the width of the pitch, lewis and pinto bursting from deep with tettey the anchor in the middle with steipermann the box to box bulk - playing to his physicality and previous roles in a No 10 role.

2pm will be interesting.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Well hes with the squad because he was signing his initiation song in the team hotel last night.[/quote]

How do you know that ?