Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

Wildschut to Cardiff on Loan

Yanic has scored 1 goal, created 0 assists, and averaged 0.2 accurate crosses per game, that''s 3 accurate crosses in 16 games, plus 17 inaccurate.But looking at the state of some fans you''d think we''d loaned out a club legend... he''s on high wages and likely has add ons to be triggered if he plays more games for us, it''s a good deal.

Worth remembering Steipermann has played nearly all his career as a wide attacking forward or No. 10 (a position he played for Dortmund).

His move to left back only happened half way through last season and with Jamal Lewis showing that he might not have been a pre-season wonder, Steipermann could be moved further up the pitch.

Spot on re: Stiepermann, I think he was found wanting at lb and with Jamal/Husband in there he can switch to his more usual/preferred position. Makes good sense, despite some who seem to think Yanic is a world-beater.

He hasn''t really done a huge amount in attack yet, so have to see how that goes if he plays there. Problem is Murphy obviously prefers the left, and it''s a right winger we could really do with.

I guess it''s all down to value, isn''t it?

If Wildschut is one of the higher earners, does he really offer enough to justify those wages, or would Steipermann/Hoolahan etc. offer enough in a wide position to justify offloading him at this stage?

Good point BY&G; I''d forgotten Marco " born to score goals" Stiepermann! His all-action style would cause oppositions a few problems - & he''s scored as many goals as Yanic!

Is Wildschut a high earner? We bought him from Wigan for a silly price I must admit but that doesn''t mean he is on spectacular wages does it?

Well, usual rule of thumb is last minute panic buy = overly generous contract terms. I reckon he was as close to a panic buy as we got...

[quote user="AJ"]He hasn''t really done a huge amount in attack yet, so have to see how that goes if he plays there. Problem is Murphy obviously prefers the left, and it''s a right winger we could really do with.[/quote]Why is that "a problem"? When he hasn''t been played centrally, Stieperman has more often than not played on the right, not the left.

Trouble is the options are diminishing until replacements come in.

Stieperman isn.t blessed with pace. I know many think Wildschut hasn''t proven anything, but he was an alternative.

Apart from Murphy, we are now a very one paced team. I accept that DF''s style does not really rely on speed but it can make a difference.

If Wes had pace he would have been at a top club for ten years, not us.

Watching what other successful sides are doing, we just haven''t got the players to make our system progress in this league.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Is Wildschut a high earner? We bought him from Wigan for a silly price I must admit but that doesn''t mean he is on spectacular wages does it?[/quote]It seems some transfer fees are mentioned enough times that , without it being accurate in the first place, it becomes accepted anyway. Has been said numerous times about our 8.5 mill fee for Pritch and 7 mill fee for Yanic, when just recently the actual fees came out as 5 mill for Pritch, with off course the bonuses etc not having time to become affective and these very Archant columns saying Willdschut''s fee was actually nearer to 4 mill. So an actual layout for the two guys of 9 mill and not 15 mill. Still a lot yes but not near the actual mystical figures that had been accepted by fans.Dont doubt though that both players wages were high enough to make a decent difference to the wage bill now they are not on the books.