Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

Wildschut to Cardiff on Loan

Bethnal is right that you can''t blame Farke and Webber for having to clean up the mistakes of their predecessors.

That lies with the owners.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]@bethnal

Sorry Bethnal but this writing off of yet another season just like that is not acceptable from the club. This is what they want fans to do, accept another write off of a season on the basis things will magically be better in the future. They want us to keep funding their endless mistakes and waste on the basis of blind faith.

The rationale that we should accept the complete waste of two seasons where we have a lot of good players and a financial advantage over many of our rivals on the basis that we might actually start trying to get promoted next year when we have got rid of most of our good players and can’t compete on wages with other clubs in the division is flawed.

Favs would be far more accepting of sales if they made a real attempt to get promoted first but it didn’t work out. We haven’t done it. We are downsizing and have surrendered any advantage we had through really poor decision making at board level and the need to ensure that those deluded fools retain control of the club.[/quote]

[Y]

Don’t think people are blaming them although I think Webber has sold Pritchard too soon and for too little and I would question Farke’s handling of Wildshutt.

The blame here and for pretty much all of our problems lies squarely with the board and the owners.

One of those players that will have world beating match every so often where he''ll luck out on his normally terrible crossing and shooting. People remember the great games because they are so good but forget the rest of the time he''s absolutely awful.

I do however think he''ll be better suited to a more direct approach Cardiff offer which will suit his pace and directness.

No I''m not BYG.

I''ve been calling for him to start all season. He''s a weapon in this league. His pace and directness is freighting for defending teams.

Saying he doesn''t create enough or score enough is too simplistic. His ability to run with the ball from deep relieves pressure and takes the ball into the oppositions area.. that alone creates chances. No one else in this squad is capable of doing that. Ipswich away being a perfect example. You wouldn''t credit him with that assist, but he was a massive factor in that goal.

As for Farke not rating him. Well that just shows his naivety. Wildhsut has the attributes to be an effective weapon in this league, yet Farke prefers to persist with players, systems and tactics that are not suitable for this league.

I think we have to accept that a new manager isn''t going to fancy every player he inherits, especially if they are wasting big wages in not playing and therefore not contributing. The fact that there are varying opinions on Wildchut says it all, personally I don''t think he has grasped the opportunities he has had and although he offers something different he seems to have little end product.

Whether it was the right decision or not can only be determined in 6-12 months time when we can see who the club got in to replace him and where he and we are by then.

Norwich made a big commitment to getting promoted last season, signing players like Pritchard and Nelson and not selling Klose, Howson etc then.

However, it didn''t work.

The club realised it had to cut back a bit. If they didn''t reduce the wage bill and make some money the cliff face at the end of this season would be sheer and a proper fire sale would happen in the summer of 2018. They have tried to do a more stepped down approach - the clubs outgoings now, even after the sale of Howson and releasing all those players, is still larger than it will be able to sustain post-parachute payments. That is the reality.

I guess this January they have had to look at the potential of still getting promoted and work out how much they are prepared to risk on the club succeeding. There is no doubt in my mind, that if Norwich kept hold of Pritchard until the summer Norwich would do well to receive the £8.5m they paid for him - player power and Norwich''s weakened financial position would mean any suitors would have the club over a barrel. This would also happen for Maddison, Pinto etc.

Forest, who are one point behind Norwich, are 300-1 to get promoted. Would you say Norwich''s odds are significantly better than that after seeing the first half of the season? Even with Pritchard? I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t gamble £3m/£4m on it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich made a big commitment to getting promoted last season, signing players like Pritchard and Nelson and not selling Klose, Howson etc then.

The club realised it had to cut back a bit. If they didn''t reduce the wage bill and make some money the cliff face at the end of this season would be sheer and a proper fire sale would happen in the summer of 2018. They have tried to do a more stepped down approach - the clubs outgoings now, even after the sale of Howson and releasing all those players, is still larger than it will be able to sustain post-parachute payments. That is the reality.

I guess this January they have had to look at the potential of still getting promoted and work out how much they are prepared to risk on the club succeeding. There is no doubt in my mind, that if Norwich kept hold of Pritchard until the summer Norwich would do well to receive the £8.5m they paid for him - player power and Norwich''s weakened financial position would mean any suitors would have the club over a barrel. This would also happen for Maddison, Pinto etc.

Forest, who are one point behind Norwich, are 300-1 to get promoted. Would you say Norwich''s odds are significantly better than that after seeing the first half of the season? Even with Pritchard? I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t gamble £3m/£4m on it.[/quote]

Yet if we hadnt wasted £3m/£4m on Vrancic, Franke and Steipermann we could have.

I will try to hold fire until we see who we bring in as replacements but whilst I can understand Pritchard leaving, though gutted by it, I can''t understand us letting Wildschut leave. I too think he can do a decent job here. Baffling.

Franke was a waste, yes but stiepermann hasn’t been bad and he’s actually been doing us a favour playing out of position at left back while Lewis was out and husband was... err... well not good enough.

I actually am looking forward to seeing if he gets a go on the right wing. It would allow pinto to drive forward a bit more with stiep there to cover.

I just hope we don’t do another yanic type deal and replace Pritchard for the sake of it. The answer on the right wing could be closer to home.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

This is a joke. His absence from the team, and now this transfer needs justifying by the club. He was hitting form and then suddenly dropped and never given another chance

What form?

Another one of Alex Neil''s waste of money.

Bethnal Y&G.,

Whats really put a hole in our finances is Alex Neil''s signings:

Naismith - too old and expensive

Jarvis - too old, injury prone and expensive

Andreau - why?

McGovern - why?

Mulumbu - why?

etc.

£50m poured down the drain

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Bethnal Y&G.,

Whats really put a hole in our finances is Alex Neil''s signings:

Naismith - too old and expensive

Jarvis - too old, injury prone and expensive

Andreau - why?

McGovern - why?

Mulumbu - why?

etc.

£50m poured down the drain[/quote]

And the worse thing about it is that we didn''t heed the warning from the RVW debacle. Allowing AN to spend such sums was criminal.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich made a big commitment to getting promoted last season, signing players like Pritchard and Nelson and not selling Klose, Howson etc then.

Forest, who are one point behind Norwich, are 300-1 to get promoted. Would you say Norwich''s odds are significantly better than that after seeing the first half of the season? Even with Pritchard? I wouldn''t and I wouldn''t gamble £3m/£4m on it.[/quote]This is probably the most spot on and sensible post ive seen to sum up where City are right now. Hard as it feels, the situation came along to sell Pritchard now, a guy that would have gone for likely less in the summer. A gifted player yes, but also injury prone to, a thing that robbed us for to long to enjoy his talent here. Getting shot of Yanic makes sense, im sure Webber will be hoping to shift Martin and Naismith also. If the Basel situation means Klose goes to, so be it. Webber came here with an almighty job to do, in the summer he cleared out much of the old aged dead wood, now hes doing the same with much of the high earners. It HAD to be done. One last thought on the playing staff, i guess Jarvis is Farke''s "Lafferty".With so many comings and goings, we as fans inevitably will not be happy with every single coming and going, but its all part of being a City fan, but the club itself had to deal with the failure of AN not getting us promoted, and they have decided on the current set up, which is ongoing and moving at apace, its change, its movement, if you dont enjoy it then look down the road 40 miles for samey, stable, solid, never changing and mundane life for your kicks.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]From Wildschut’s perspective, the loan provides him with a potential route to the PL not open to him at Norwich.[/quote]... and now watch Jerome also go to Cardiff  (it has been previously rumoured) where Wildschut will supply him with ammunition......... interesting times

A big commitment is not just about retaining players btw (it wasn''t that big a commitment we just couldn''t shift many of them).

Genuine commitment is also demonstrated by the other decisions you make. retaining a failing manager because you don;t want to pay him off (a pay off probably inflated by your idiotic chairman''s decision in the summer) and then not appointing a new manager at all that season and undertaking some kind of ludicrous "review" as a PR exercise is not indicative of a "big commitment" to getting promoted.

For me a decent manager still gets that squad in the top 6 last season if appointed prior to the January transfer window and given the dross that made the playoffs we would have had a very decent shout.

For whatever reason Wilds has never been given a real chance at City, reminds me very much of Pritchard, who also for a while failed to shine due to being in and out of team.

Anyone who has watched him play can see he has talent, realised his card was marked when couldnt even make reserve team at Burton!

A loan to Cardiff will show all ambition for this season over, as manager said no pressure to sell let alone loan out good player to rival club!

[quote user="CJ"]For whatever reason Wilds has never been given a real chance at City, reminds me very much of Pritchard, who also for a while failed to shine due to being in and out of team.

Anyone who has watched him play can see he has talent, realised his card was marked when couldnt even make reserve team at Burton!

A loan to Cardiff will show all ambition for this season over, as manager said no pressure to sell let alone loan out good player to rival club![/quote]Maybe it''s because he''s a headless chicken with absolutely no ability to play as part of a team? Yes, I can see plenty of raw talent there, but his first instinct is almost always to run forward with the ball, then usually knock it 20 yards past the first player who tries to tackle him and then go chasing after it. It''s the exact opposite of the problem the Murphys had when they first broke through, where they were seemingly so nervous about making a mistake that their first instinct was almost always to turn backwards and play a simple pass.I know that a fast and unpredictable dribbler can be a real asset against tiring legs, but Wildschut plays football like I used to play Pro Evo when I was a teenager. More than happy to get shot of him and bring in a winger with a better balance of the two extremes I described above.

[quote user="CJ"]For whatever reason Wilds has never been given a real chance at City[/quote] Fact is -- as even a minimal amount of basic research would have shown -- Wildschut has never been other than a bit part player at any of the English clubs he has played for, nor in the two seasons in the Eredivisie prior to moving to England. Even in his "best" season in England, playing for Wigan in League One, he only made 21 league appearances in a 46 game season. He clearly was given "a real chance" though at Wigan yet even then failed to fully establish himself. You might conclude that what you think you see, and what anyone who signs him actually gets, are two rather different things.

Don’t see clubs queuing up to sign any of the dross Weber has lumbered us with.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CJ"]For whatever reason Wilds has never been given a real chance at City, reminds me very much of Pritchard, who also for a while failed to shine due to being in and out of team.

A loan to Cardiff will show all ambition for this season over, as manager said no pressure to sell let alone loan out good player to rival club![/quote]Maybe it''s because he''s a headless chicken with absolutely no ability to play as part of a team? Yes, I can see plenty of raw talent there, but his first instinct is almost always to run forward with the ball, then usually knock it 20 yards past the first player who tries to tackle him and then go chasing after it. It''s the exact opposite of the problem the Murphys had when they first broke through, where they were seemingly so nervous about making a mistake that their first instinct was almost always to turn backwards and play a simple pass.I know that a fast and unpredictable dribbler can be a real asset against tiring legs, but Wildschut plays football like I used to play Pro Evo when I was a teenager. More than happy to get shot of him and bring in a winger with a better balance of the two extremes I described above.[/quote]

He’s a poor man’s Lee Croft!