Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

Wildschut to Cardiff on Loan

I assume his wages are being paid in full by Cardiff?

Any idea whether a price has been set for his sale to them in the summer?

Really doesn''t seem like we''re giving certain players a chance.

(Unless the guy is a bad egg, or isn''t working hard in training, which we will likely never know)

Interestingly Pilkington being linked with binners too. This one could really be a double edged sword. Lose the only player we have who is direct and offers us a different option from bench and in doing so allow the scum to strengthen.

Lincoln,

I''m not too fussed about this one if I''m honest. I hope this is a loan with some sort of commitment to buy and then it is another player we aren''t using out of the squad.

The Pritchard one is unfortunate but I guess was always going to happen. If we have got )12-14m then that''s a large chunk of the £24m drop in TV revenue shifted and as looks likely that Klose and Jerome leave this window too (and maybe Martin and Naismith on loan) then we prob will have shifted the best part of £100-150k (plus some % of martins and Naismith wages) of the weekly wage bill. If you add this to the maybe 7-10m you get for offloading wildshut, Jerome and klose then we will have a few million to bring in a winger and a centre-forward. I''m expecting cheap players with potential rather than the finished article with hoolahan being back up for Maddison.

Gives him a shot at the PL under a masterful manager. Another piece of the firesale in place. I guess we’ll need to score at least the odd goal to stay up but heyho. Oh for an equity injection to the club. What a fiasco.

We paid too much for him and he’s not taken his chance when played. He’s a kick it past and run round the defender type of player. Like Danny Mills. If Colin will take him, fine by me.

Surely this has to be linked to some sort of appearance bonus we don''t want to pay?

A player who only looked good for a few minutes when coming on as a sub. An impact sub with little end product. ‘He was hitting form’? Really? A couple of okish sub appearances is not ‘hitting form’. Also he’s not the only player who’ll get the ball and run at players, Murphy is better at it and more than likely on less money.

Good move to get some more wages cleared with hopefully a permanent move in the summer.

[quote user="Feel The Force"]We paid too much for him and he’s not taken his chance when played. He’s a kick it past and run round the defender type of player. Like Danny Mills. If Colin will take him, fine by me.[/quote]

Eh, not taking his chance?

He had a decent pre season, and played a blinder against Sheff utd and was dropped the very next game! He hasn''t had a proper chance this season.

Watch him perform at Cardiff.

Seeing all this talent shipped out is galling.

This only makes much sense if Cardiff agree to buy him at the end of the season. Otherwise it is just a very short term saving in wages.

Like Big O, I''m not to bothered about this one. We need to sell and, although he offers something different, isn''t an integral first team member and has only chipped in with a couple of goals and assists.

Pritchard is more of a concern but this is the situation we are in now.

I will admit his end product is not what it should be but I think this is a mistake and worse than that it’s another sign that the club is not intent on seriously trying to challenge for the playoffs as if we were we would not be loaning to a rival just as we should not have sold Howson to Middlesboro on the cheap.

Wildshutt has been pretty good when he’s played this season and gives us a directness we often lack. No coincidence he has featured in quite a few of our better results and it’s really weird he has not featured since he gave the sc*m a bit of a torrid time at Portman Road whilst utter s**t like Watkins gets selected.

Club need to clarify who is paying his wages during this loan. If we are paying him to play for a divisional rival then it’s a joke.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Cardiff obviously not considered a rival then. [/quote]Only if you think that they are going to be challenging us for 14th position

"Yet another complete waste of money. Will we never learn?"

It''s another gold star for the Alex Neil transfer policy and another tick in the box for ''why having a sporting director is a good idea.''

That he was dropped when finding form and is now moved on without a transfer fee screams of our avoiding a clause in the contract - perhaps so many games and we owe much more on him.

eg. club see he is good- but not good enough to double what was actually paid.

Still another of our clearly better options out and i dont feel good about what will come in...

[quote user="king canary"]" another tick in the box for ''why having a sporting director is a good idea.''[/quote]We''ll see in the fullness of time

We really needed to sell rather than loan. Cardiff wont buy him.

It just shows what a desperate state the finances are in.

The club badly needs our support.

Norwich are paying now for the mistakes made over the previous two or three seasons.

Wildschut should never have been signed and was a panic buy after losing Brady. He is a League One level player who can run fast but do little else - might suit a Warnock team a little better, but so far Yanic has failed at every attempt to establish himself in the Championship.

Get his wages off the total, and hopefully tie Cardiff into a permanent deal at the end of the season. Still a lot of dross to clear out at the club and still a far bit of blood letting to be done - not fair to judge Farke and Webber on Neil and McNally''s mistakes.

The fact Farke was spotted speak to Onel Hernandez shows they already have targets in mind to replace out goings, but some will not arrive until the summer.

As for this season, the chances of promotion are so small that it isn''t worth the risk not offloading players now.

Far too thought out, calm and generous a view on the club there Bethnal.

Very well put though destined to be drowned out by all the other garbage being posted on the board at the moment.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich are paying now for the mistakes made over the previous two or three seasons.

Wildschut should never have been signed and was a panic buy after losing Brady. He is a League One level player who can run fast but do little else - might suit a Warnock team a little better, but so far Yanic has failed at every attempt to establish himself in the Championship.

Get his wages off the total, and hopefully tie Cardiff into a permanent deal at the end of the season. Still a lot of dross to clear out at the club and still a far bit of blood letting to be done - not fair to judge Farke and Webber on Neil and McNally''s mistakes.

The fact Farke was spotted speak to Onel Hernandez shows they already have targets in mind to replace out goings, but some will not arrive until the summer.

As for this season, the chances of promotion are so small that it isn''t worth the risk not offloading players now.[/quote]

Your wrong BYG. He is better than League one, hence why a championship side has just signed him and why we faced championship competition to sign him from a championship club he was excelling at.

He struggled last season, but many players do join halfway through a season. After a good pre-season he was looking good in the early part of this season, before being unfairly dropped. Your assessment of his ability is baffling.

He can run past a man, he is very good at that. But he does very little afterwards. He doesn''t create enough, and he doesn''t score enough.

He had a good 6 months at Wigan, but even there he wasn''t brilliant, he just looked good in a very poor team.

He spent most of pre-season playing as a right wing-back, a position he is mildly better at, but he can''t defend for toffee. Apart from Sheff United away, I have never seen a good performance from him and even then he didn''t last the 90 because of his lack of fitness.

You are only saying he is a good player because it fits into you lust for bashing the club. It is obvious Farke doesn''t rate him and for that reason alone it is probably worth getting him out, his relatively high wages are wasted at the moment.

@bethnal

Sorry Bethnal but this writing off of yet another season just like that is not acceptable from the club. This is what they want fans to do, accept another write off of a season on the basis things will magically be better in the future. They want us to keep funding their endless mistakes and waste on the basis of blind faith.

The rationale that we should accept the complete waste of two seasons where we have a lot of good players and a financial advantage over many of our rivals on the basis that we might actually start trying to get promoted next year when we have got rid of most of our good players and can’t compete on wages with other clubs in the division is flawed.

Favs would be far more accepting of sales if they made a real attempt to get promoted first but it didn’t work out. We haven’t done it. We are downsizing and have surrendered any advantage we had through really poor decision making at board level and the need to ensure that those deluded fools retain control of the club.