Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Steven Naismith

"Mbokani needed someone with creativity and pace to work from... Alex Pritchard would have been perfect. "

God yes! couldn''t we get him back on loan?

Mbokani, Pritchard, Maddison, Murphy ........ imagine!!

Mbokani was suppose to move to Olympiacos but failed the medical, something to do with his heart I believe. Think he has effectively retired now due to it - although not 100% sure about that.

BBC are reporting that 2 English clubs have agreed to pay £10,000 a week towards Naismith''s wages to take him on loan. So that is promising.

Lincoln... Seems a bit of a strange statement to make re AN not playing Madders and Pritch last season. None of us have any idea if we would have got promoted with those two guys playing!

@Boblolz

Maddison I don''t know.

Pritchard however, looked excellent when finally given the proper run in the team Neil refused to give him.

Saying we would have gone up is a stretch as our problems were much more about defensive ineptitude though.

BY&G, Mbokani has scored 11 in 23 games for DK this year (according to a Hull City site), although another site says he has an unspecified injury.

He gives a different story for his failed transfer to Olympiakos:

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/dieumerci-mbokani-justifies-failed-olympiakos-medical/10clmqyjg7lih1ginjnro66g70

Whatever, I know it''s all pointless as he doesn''t want to play in the Champs anyway!

Guess we''ll have to look elsewhere ...

Not really that promising Bethnal since thats only about a quarter of his wages at best and he will still come back if he goes on loan. We need to find a way to pay him off and get him off the books.

Here''s a question. Would you sell/loan him to a Championship club? Say Leeds, Villa, Boro, Sheff Utd, Cardiff who are probably the only ones who could afford him.

@Jim

It is better than nothing and will save Norwich around quarter of a million, which shouldn''t be sniffed at - get him out on loan for a while and hopefully he''ll play okay and generate more interest from other clubs.

Norwich are going to have to take a big hit on Naismith and I wasn''t sure anyone would want him at all, so £10k a week seems a good result.

[quote user="Ian"]Dreadful signing, but surely Matt Jarvis must go down as our worst ever signing?! Player with known injury record, who has since been permanently injured?[/quote]With long term sicknotes like Jarvis don''t clubs take out some kind of insurance policy to cover at least some of the player''s wages ?

Insurance polices on players usually only cover if the player has to retire from injury, not if they are just injured - otherwise the policies would be astronomically high.

I would put Jarvis down for the worst signing ever, but as he was cheap and his wages will be less than Naismiths he is behind him on the list.

We had no problem scoring goals last year, it was at the other end we struggled. To that end its hard to say whether Pritchard & Maddison would have made much difference to that end, although their creativity may have put us in front away from home more often giving us a chance at least to hang on in those games.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Insurance polices on players usually only cover if the player has to retire from injury, not if they are just injured - otherwise the policies would be astronomically high.

I would put Jarvis down for the worst signing ever, but as he was cheap and his wages will be less than Naismiths he is behind him on the list.[/quote]

...and Ricky.

[quote user="king canary"]@Boblolz

Maddison I don''t know.

Pritchard however, looked excellent when finally given the proper run in the team Neil refused to give him.

Saying we would have gone up is a stretch as our problems were much more about defensive ineptitude though.[/quote]Exactly right! And this year we can''t score! One way or the other, Norwich will always give us something to moan about... [:D]

Its a bit harsh on Jarvis to be fair who has been injured for ages. He wasn''t all that bad before that. Hopefully we''ll have had some insurance payout on him for all those injuries.

As for Naismith, it''s the classic case of him being worth less than the amount of money we owe him on his remaining contract.

I''m estimating, but say he''s worth £2m, fee and 2 years wages. We pay him £40k a week and over 2 years (104 weeks) that''s £4.16m we have left to pay him.

There''s a shortfall of £2.16m there. Rangers are prepared to invest £2m say to have Naismith for 2 seasons. To make that happen, either us, Steven or Rangers are gonna have to budge. Perhaps Naismith will take a cut in what we owe him for sheer love of the game. How many of you lot would realistically forego £2m to get a change of job back to your home town though?

He''s been a terrible signing really but I actually still think he''d be a useful player for us. Pritchard has questionable injury proneness and Murphy blows hot and cold. He might even be a decent option through the middle, he''s a better finisher than Jerome and not as stroppy as Oliveira.

I''d be happy if we sold him for very little but I wouldn''t be happy for us to just give him away and still be paying his wages, I think we should be at least demanding more than that for him.

Has he effectively downed tools? I really expected him to feature in the squads for the Christmas period and possibly for Chelsea, but to not be involved at all, he or Farke must have their reasons.

I''m sure Farke has spoken to Webber about him and he must be happy to let him do that!

He''s not a striker. He''s not strong enough to hold anyone off, not fast enough to get in behind, not a good enough finisher to hang on the shoulder...

All defenders would have to do is stay tight to him knowing he''s not getting in behind them and just bully him out of the game.

Pretty sure he played there when he first broke through. He’s no slouch. Not saying he’s ideal but he can finish and he can steal half a yard on most defenders.

[quote user="Woodman"]Has he effectively downed tools? I really expected him to feature in the squads for the Christmas period and possibly for Chelsea, but to not be involved at all, he or Farke must have their reasons.

I''m sure Farke has spoken to Webber about him and he must be happy to let him do that![/quote]It seems a bit odd that DF seems to avoid mentioning him at all now if he can help it. There must be something not right behind the scenes if he couldn''t even make the bench for the Burton game.All a bit sad and frustrating.

I hope we get rid and soon, A nothing player who typically has got a higher profile than he deserves through a spattering of brilliant games at Everton. He runs around abit makes abit of a nuisance of himself and complains alot at his team mates and the officials, thats about all he''s does. There''s a very good reason he''s not in the team or anywhere near it and it''s nothing to do with wages.

Well fee was about £7m plus agents fees and to date his wages must be in excess of £4m what a shambles and they expect season ticket holders make a donation to the acadamy!!!