Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Great result today

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I’m sure some people will try and put a negative spin on it[/quote]I doubtas they will be absent this evening

What a brilliant result 👍🏻 Hopefully we can push on from this one 🙏🏻

Great win indeed, hopefully kick on with another come next weekend. Can’t wait to see the Gunn save tonight.

Great result.

Another clean sheet too. Can’t argue with that. I think most of you are deliberately blind to any positive post I make. Which does happen sometimes.

Anyway, back to a bit of the negative stuff..... when we shift Maddison we really will look toothless. It’s going to happen, we all know it. This goal raises his profile further.

Playoffs 6 points away, makes me even more angry seeing us shift our quality players in January, therefore damaging our chances of a late push.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Great result.

Another clean sheet too. Can’t argue with that. I think most of you are deliberately blind to any positive post I make. Which does happen sometimes.

Anyway, back to a bit of the negative stuff..... when we shift Maddison we really will look toothless. It’s going to happen, we all know it. This goal raises his profile further.

Playoffs 6 points away, makes me even more angry seeing us shift our quality players in January, therefore damaging our chances of a late push.[/quote]

So an excellent away win makes you angry. You need help.

We must keep Maddison, even if we sell him in the summer we should do our utmost to secure a loan back, as I can only see him going to a Liverpool or Spurs next year and they won’t need him straight away! Hopefully he will stay another year!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Great result.

Playoffs 6 points away, makes me even more angry seeing us shift our quality players in January, therefore damaging our chances of a late push.[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s not what I said you doughnut.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Great result.

[/quote]

That’s not what I said you doughnut.[/quote]Err, I think you did.  You like the fact that we won today, but overall you are angry because we are selling players and we aren''t where you think we should be.  Perhaps you just need to learn to enjoy something for it''s own sake!   We know Maddison will be sold at some point, just enjoy him while he''s here and stop bemoaning his future inevitable move, hopefully at least not before the end of this season.

Well chuffed with that. Bristol City are a very good side. Still time to move up the table if we can keep this level of consistency.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Great result.

[/quote]

That’s not what I said you doughnut.[/quote]Err, I think you did.  You like the fact that we won today, but overall you are angry because we are selling players and we aren''t where you think we should be.  Perhaps you just need to learn to enjoy something for it''s own sake!   We know Maddison will be sold at some point, just enjoy him while he''s here and stop bemoaning his future inevitable move, hopefully at least not before the end of this season.

[/quote]

There you go. You’ve just proved thats not what I said. Now please annoy somebody else. I can’t be arsed to reply to anything more you type.

Very pleasing - we seem to have recovered out defensive solidity again. AT back, so hardly a coincidence - I really hope we can persuade him to sign extension.

[quote user="lincoln canary "][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Great result.

[/quote]

[/quote]

There you go. You’ve just proved thats not what I said. Now please annoy somebody else. I can’t be arsed to reply to anything more you type.[/quote]Perhaps I have spoken the truth - your anger that we are not where you think we should be takes precedence over your enjoyment at a win. If you wanted to be positive you could have just said "great win" but you couldn''t do that without adding something negative. Don''t worry, I won''t bother you anymore.

@Badger

I think we actually have an option for a further year on his deal, but it may not be in the clubs interests due to wages/injury history

Is he now not free to sort a deal with a different team abroad anyway?

A stroll into the city soon......I''ll have a spring in my step and the flagons of frothing ale I will be consuming - will taste so much sweeter.....Great result, yep, you betcha!

And a big well done to Farke. Great response following what must have been a difficult week having lost Wildschutt.[;)] 

[quote user="loopy lincoln"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]makes me even more angry[/quote]So an excellent away win makes you angry. You need help. [/quote]That’s not what I said you doughnut.[/quote]Err, I think you did.[/quote]

There you go. You’ve just proved thats not what I said.[/quote]I think you did. [:D]

Lots to like about today.

Think this formation is the right one for these players- uses our attacking fullbacks well and frees up Murphy and Maddison.

Vrancic stepping up.

Back 3 looking solid.

Only thing that would have been better would have been if Nelson had buried his chance- his confidence is totally shot.

More of this though.

Thought we only looked under pressure after we scored, hardly surprising that they went for it. We now seem to be solid ish at the back, phew.!!!Lets have the top end of the table compress a bit more, ready to leapfrog the scum next month and into the playoffs..... and stay there, unless we nick an auto spot.Great response to the departure of Alex who? This was always going to be a season of upheaval, but i do have a certain amount of faith that it''l be alright ..in the long run.I''m with you Lakey, footballers come and go, but a Club, thats a different matter altogether. Through thick and thin.

@ RBYou may be right, but I thought that his contract was up. I can''t see us triggering an extension if there is one for financial reasons, but cling on the naive hope that he might do a cut price deal because of his age - I couldn''t find the article but I''m sure that when there was talk of him returning to Norway a few weeks ago he hinted that because of his age, the money wasn''t important.As I say probably naive on two fronts - Tettey''s and ours.