Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

"season is over anyway" now just 6 points from playoffs

i think under any normal season, 6 points from playoffs would be enough to give hope with even just 10 games left, let alone 19.

this season is far from over, we can''t take our eyes off of either end of the table right now. really need to reinvest some of that pritchard money

6 points off with the best player in the league playing for us. Could be an interesting next game in the league versus Sheff Utd. It''s a must win if we are to be still to be involved in the playoff hunt, could go to within 3 points of them!

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]i think under any normal season, 6 points from playoffs would be enough to give hope with even just 10 games left, let alone 19.

this season is far from over, we can''t take our eyes off of either end of the table right now. really need to reinvest some of that pritchard money[/quote]

I agree

From what I have seen at home and heard on the commentary today we can make clear improvements.

Specifically up front and some heft in midfield to help tetty

I''ve always felt it''s been possible. But some people on here like having the easy life of nothing to play for and mid-table mediocrity. It''s all about the winning for me.

We’ve got every chance of making the playoffs with 19 games remaining, but I feel we’ll need to strengthen the squad slightly this window to give us that chance. Silly to say halfway through the season that the playoffs aren’t possible - a lot of football to be played yet. Well done City 👍

Next six fixtures are all against top-half teams. We''ll have a better idea after the Wolves game, but it''ll be a serious test of our improvement to keep climbing the table with that run of fixtures. Still highly unlikely, I''d say, but a few weeks ago it looked nigh on impossible.

That’s the weird thing with this league, you can never really predict a result and any team can beat any team!?

It was to early to panic and to early to get excited, I’ll save that excitement for when/if we can climb up the table in to the play off zone.

Indeed the set of fixtures will tell us more.

15 points off the top two. Have some ambition chaps.

We can''t do it... we''re awful.... or so the remoaner types keep saying.I''m an optimist, so was only saying we should keep our best players, give it a go, and we may not have to sell.

The away form has been very good all season. We must sort out the Home form to have any chance. The next 6 games is an incredibly hard run of matches, Sheff Utd H, Brentford A, Middlesbrough H, Derby A, Ipswich H, Wolves A. Come out of these matches in touching distance and we have a chance

Apart from Leeds themselves almost every club above us up to 6th place picked up points today, but that in itself could be a quirky bonus. People  having a glance at the division will see us still 13th and could look like we are still far from contention, but this 10 points from 4 games cannot be underestimated how its suddenly altered our placement. In effect we are just 6 points from a play off place and have done that by stealth. To get in the top 6 early in the season and stay there you need enormous consistency over 46 games, but get a good momentum going in 2nd half of a season can carry you there.Way to early to be feeling very positive, definitely think we need a couple of new guys to come in this window, but, since the Brentford game a definite move in the right direction. But ya, 19 games to go, anythings possible.

It is a tough run of games (apart from the home banker against the Scum), but these are exactly the sort of "mini run" that can propel you up the league.

4 clean sheets in 5 games, and despite lacking quality up front, 10 pts from 12 and a team that seems to have developed a good understanding.

With a couple of additions up-front we could be dark horses for promotion.

We absolutely can make the playoffs if we do not sell half the team. What’s also very clear to me is that when we are anywhere near full strength, none of these sides challenging at the top of the table are better than us apart from wolves. Cardiff, Bristol, Derby, Shef United. None of them are anything special and man for Man we still have more quality than all of them bar maybe a finisher.

Club must now resist any more sales in this window (unless we can sell Naismith and Martin) and try to add a bit of pace and width to the squad.

Amazing stats about how important Tettey is to us as well. Started 10 games, won 8, drawn 2, Lost 0. Only conceded 3 goals. When he and Trybull play together the stats are equally impressive.

10 points from 4 games including games against Burton, Millwall and Birmingham to put some context on it.

We will know much more after the Wolves game - we have to get 9 points from the next 3 home games and hopefully pick up at least 4 away from home

Good to see the optimism rise but realistically it isn''t going to happen.Ricky will run round CR in his underpants if they donot a pretty sight these days[:D]

[quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"][quote user="Herman"]Nobody cares about Brentford.[/quote]

Really? Surely If we’re going to talk about our chances of a play off place, we need to consider the clubs in and around us?

A pretty pointless discussion otherwise. Do you like pointless discussions, Herman?[/quote]What Herman dislikes are posts made with no other intention than to be dismissive, negative, invariably critical and not infrequently venomous towards the club, of which your Brentford post was your latest example.

lincoln canary - "No Chance. Reading are in a relegation scrap. "

Surely not - they have outside financial investment and have spent loads of money? How can this happen - I thought that it led to automatic promotion?

[quote user="ricardo"]Good to see the optimism rise but realistically it isn''t going to happen.Ricky will run round CR in his underpants if they donot a pretty sight these days[:D][/quote]I tend to agree with your statistical analysis - but in a nerdy way, I dream of a statistical outlier![:D]

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="ricardo"]Good to see the optimism rise but realistically it isn''t going to happen.Ricky will run round CR in his underpants if they donot a pretty sight these days[:D][/quote]I tend to agree with your statistical analysis - but in a nerdy way, I dream of a statistical outlier![:D][/quote]Truth be told Badger, so do I.[:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"][quote user="Herman"]Nobody cares about Brentford.[/quote]

Really? Surely If we’re going to talk about our chances of a play off place, we need to consider the clubs in and around us?

A pretty pointless discussion otherwise. Do you like pointless discussions, Herman?[/quote]What Herman dislikes are posts made with no other intention than to be dismissive, negative, invariably critical and not infrequently venomous towards the club, of which your Brentford post was your latest example.[/quote]

No it wasn’t, not at all. How was commenting on Brentford being a good bet for the playoffs any of those descriptions?

Jesus, the amount of mollycoddling on here is cringeworthy.