Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Nelson £8m

I get the impression that any player pre Webber/Farke is not part of the plan and will either be sold or not selected, which is bad news if you are fond of some of the current squad, e.g. Murphy, Oliveira etc.I also think that the club would sell at £8m no replacement or not. Wouldn''t mind Chris Martin as part ex either.

I''m clearly in the majority here, but in my opinion £8m is peanuts for Nelson

Wouldn''t sell for less than £13-£14m, or £11 + Martin.

Send a simple clear communication to Derby: you can have him tomorrow......for this price.

"We don''t need to sell" MUST come in to action now, Webber!!

Looked to be extremely hard working and motivated at the start of the season, but recent performances have been utterly dreadful and some of the worst I''ve seen at Carrow Road from a striker. If he doesn''t want to be here, then 8 mil plus wage saving would be acceptable.

Would leave us needing to sign 2 strikers in this window however.

6 loans in 6 seasons speaks volumes about the attitude of the player.

Take the money

I think we can forget the likes of Will Griggs, anyone at a top-10 L1 club with play-off ambitions are not going to be interested. Why leave a club potentially ‘on the up’ to come to a Club (which let’s be brutally honest) which can only be seen to be in decline? We are operating in the reality of hoping our scouting team can find ‘undiscovered gems’, either lower L1, L2 or abroad, I fear the days of us being able to attract any notable ‘names’ are now long gone.

Nelson strikes me as a bit of a plank, so anything upwards of £8m would be great. Provided we''ve lined someone else up.

At the beginning of the season I thought Nelson would be pivotal to it, but he has been far,far from it. Cash in sadly, it feels like he doesn''t want to be here.

We wont get someone as naturally talented in as him but we stand a very good chance of getting someone more effective than he has been since his injury comeback.

He has actually looked like a weak link for us in recent times and I cant stick much more of seeing a CF struggle to win anything in the air or hold the ball up. Especially when ive seen him do it before, so he is certainly capable.

As for Lincolns throwaway comment about a manager getting the best of him - enough have tried, his loan clubs and inability to settle probably highlights that.

I believe and I may be wrong, but he made a point about saying how happy he was that a club had signed him permantly. In my view we are seeing exactly why no club has, Derby are welcome

Here’s a thought. Maybe his heart hasn’t been in it because it’s been made clear to him that the club needs to move him on for financial reasons?

Whats the excuse for all his other seasons at other clubs? Was it the same for forest?

Its a very convenient excuse but even if what you were saying was true, which it isnt, you''d think you''d step up as its a chance for a prem club if he had performed.

hogesar wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 9:05 PM:

Whats the excuse for all his other seasons at other clubs? Was it the same for forest?

Its a very convenient excuse but even if what you were saying was true, which it isnt, you''d think you''d step up as its a chance for a prem club if he had performed.

You do know that the position of Morty wasn’t actually a role that needed to be filled? It was a question, I wasn’t saying it was factual, although evidently you seem to know the ins and outs of events at the club

[quote user="JF"]hogesar wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 9:05 PM:

You do know that the position of Morty wasn’t actually a role that needed to be filled? It was a question, I wasn’t saying it was factual, although evidently you seem to know the ins and outs of events at the club[/quote]

The similarities with Morty are uncanny.

That''s reasonable JF, I can see where he may of become disillusioned some what, but he should be letting his feet do the talking and as hog as said he has history

The type of player he is will always run hot and cold. With his ability, if he could do it consistently then he would have never worn a Norwich shirt. If my question were the case, then after a club finally signing him and him settling in and being happy at that, it would come as a kick in the teeth

Sorry JF, should have read ''which it isnt IMO''. But like I say, even if it was the attitude from Nelson wouldnt really make sense.

P.s Morty was a good poster on here. At the very least he supported Norwich as opposed to Reading or similar.

......and Smith must score. wrote the following post at 2018-01-12 10:20 PM:

Jim Smith wrote:

..... Nelson is a class player who is admittedly frustrating at times but who I feel has not been treated very well earlier in the season and has struggled for fitness at times as a result.....

Not been treated well ?

Can''t disagree that DF and him don''t seem to see eye to eye but the fact remains that DF is a manager, NO a player. The manager picks the team not the player.

Can''t disagree too that on the rare occasions NO can be a*sed he''s class but that doesn''t happen enough.

Despite all the " we''ve sorted it all out " nonsense that came out of Carrow Rd after the Fulham embarrassment that rift has never healed.

DF is not a manager. He is first team coach who chooses a team.p to play in a match The players at his disposal for him to chose from are selected by Webber and his scouting team.

With the Pritchard sale, no point in even discussing an Oliveria move until we''ve signed a least one replacement striker first.But £8m would be light. Especially when the likes of Chris Wood went for £15m, Hogan £12m, McCormack £12m etc