Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Naismith Interview with BBC

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667650

If someone can make a clicky it would be great.

Interesting view into the mindset of a footballer during the transfer window, and the uncertainty that surrounds it.

Considering the stick he’s got from so many, I was impressed with his obvious professionalism. If he leaves then I will certainly wish him all the very best - I’ve never got supporters who turn on their own, it’s weird and counter productive.

Very honest, sounds like he just wants to play. Always thought he seemed like a decent chap. Still think he could play a part this season, at least deserves to be on the bench to fill in when needed. Sounds like Farke has frozen him out though, for some reason. I too wish him all the best when he does leave. His price tag was never his fault.

The state Sunderland are in are you really surprised? I honestly think we should be having him on the bench while we still have him. Would be useful to bring on for a tiring Nelson or josh.

You could almost feel a bit sorry for Naismith, but having seen how reluctant he was to make the initial move to us from Everton, the wages needed to tempt him and the lack of passion or desire to play for Norwich, knowing he has ability, added to the fact he could have gone out as said to other clubs for less wages, but chose not to so it can’t all be about wanting to play, in fact since moving down from Rangers he’s only made 135 appearances in 6 seasons. How many of them were substitute I wonder?

Hasn’t worked out and cost us lots of money, hard to feel anything but a bit of anger towards his lack of commitment on and off the pitch to our club.

[quote user="Indy"]You could almost feel a bit sorry for Naismith, but having seen how reluctant he was to make the initial move to us from Everton, the wages needed to tempt him and the lack of passion or desire to play for Norwich, knowing he has ability, added to the fact he could have gone out as said to other clubs for less wages, but chose not to so it can’t all be about wanting to play, in fact since moving down from Rangers he’s only made 135 appearances in 6 seasons. How many of them were substitute I wonder?

Hasn’t worked out and cost us lots of money, hard to feel anything but a bit of anger towards his lack of commitment on and off the pitch to our club.[/quote]

Has he told you he has a lack of commitment to us on and off the pitch, Indy?

Good point, LDC - bring the bloke back in from the cold! Pretty sure those 3 goals against Chelsea wouldn’t go unnoticed in the build up to the game should he be in the running... 😉

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]The state Sunderland are in are you really surprised? I honestly think we should be having him on the bench while we still have him. Would be useful to bring on for a tiring Nelson or josh.[/quote]It was reported that Premier League Sunderland couldn''t match his wages so not too surprised he turned them down but I expect he''s got to the stage where he really wants to play so may now be more realistic on the money front.Having him on the bench isn''t going to happen anytime soon as he couldn''t even warm that against the mighty Burton Albion....

Yes Alex, his ability to compress the pitch to 30 yards, his constant chirping at the ref and our players instead of getting on with the game and his magnificent arm waving abilities are to be commended, the rest is his pure lack of effort on the pitch, off it during training he should be pushing for a first team place yet his lack of action can only be attributed to him either bieng really shite or not fully committed!

He’s never been one to hold down a regular place in the last 6 seasons as his 135 games played average just 20 per season and a lot of those would have been as sub no doubt!

Won’t be missed by me or many other city fans.

Indy - for starters, I’m not sure how moaning at the ref etc shows a lack of commitment. Basic psychology would suggest that means he cares, dare I say it but thus showing a lot of commitment for the cause rather than not caring.

We’ll agree to disagree 👍

Indy,

"His lack of action" has nothing to do with the two reasons you quoted. I wish but these were the reasons.

Alex, hopefully thats why he played for the U23''s today, help give him minutes... And maybe the Chelsea game will be his window to deliver or move on.

Who knows lol, I for one trust the club... I believe Webber & Farke can work together and deliver.

It won''t go all Farkes way but then I guess that''s life and the day Webber wants everything his way will no doubt be the trigger for Farke to say... Enough is enough!