Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why Defeat on sunday could be a blessing in disguise

Given the teams atrocious form, and the lack lustre displays as well as constant mistakes by them and Worthy we now go into the biggest game of the season.

Ipswich, dare i say it, are a good team, well organised good going forward and capable of winning games.

We, on the other hand, are shambolic, have no sense of direction, cant pass, cant tackle, cant run and Ashton is the only real goal threat we have... Stop Deano and you stop Norwich.. end of!

We have had to endure some awful football both last season and this. We had the players to stay up last season, and results towards the tail end prove that if worthy had droped some of his "golden boys" sooner we might of been enjoyign trips to Anfield etc this season after a comfortable midtable finish.

Worthington inuslts our intelligence, by going on about the players "passion, comitment, work rate" when its obvious we have been rubbish.. he needs to come out and say it...

Last nights rant was the last act of a desperate man.. he knows full well that Sunday is massive, he knows that the fans are starting to turn on him and he knows defeat on sunday is going to turn all of them against him.. If we are losing as the game goes on then i expect to see him losing it on the sidelines... he will be desperate! changing it every time the ball goes off, throwing loads up front, panicking.. we could end up getting humiliated again

However take heart, lose on sunday and yes it will be heart breaking.. i am going and i have been there twice before and never seen us lose.. but im not confident at all... Lose to Ipswich on Sunday and the fans are going to call for Worthingtons head.. follow it up with defeat to Northants in the cup and Worthington should do the honourable thing... he wont.. so the board need to step in.

Delia and Michael are friends of worthy which makes it harder for the board to fire him.. but if the fans turn on him completely then they wont have a choice.... I have been saying since Coventry that Ipswich will be Worthingtons last game as Norwich manager... and i stand by that claim....

Thanks for the memories Nigel and good luck whever u may end up... u have done well for us but its time for someone new to come in and take us forward.... Defeat on Sunday is the end of the Worthington Regime..

jas

[quote]No. Not for a minute. No. No. No. In any case, Worthington will not be sacked after Sunday, win lose or draw.[/quote]

the only way worthington will ever leave is

A) if he resigns

B) we get relegated

This is the weakest Ipswich side in years , very lucky to get a point against Saints last night and thumped at home 0-4 against Preston not to mention Yeovil. It will be a very sad day indeed if a Norwich side with the likes of Green,Ashton,Huckerby,Safri,Davenport etc cannot go there and get a win.ANYHING LESS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. We WILL beat them .

This is also the weakest Norwich side in years. I just think that their players will want it more than ours, because we are plagued by players who just go through the motions for their money. We need a clear out.

Their lot are all donkeys. While our lot are all playing like donkeys. That''s why this weekend''s game will be a...

DONKEY DERBY!!!

Not for one second do I want us to lose sunday..   but I am slightly concerned that a win will paper over the cracks we all want us to win the Derbies ..I have heard some say doesn''t matter about the others as long as we win these two.  I cannot subscribe to that attitude for one fleeting millisecond..    This game made Leon an instant hero  and made (cough spit) Hamilton sit better with many fans  for how long...    I am trying my dam hardest to try and treat this as another game and one that I want us to win and win well with no doubt who was the better team.

But we all know that there are cracks which are not being treated or addressed properly.

Being a decorator  I know you you can make a good looking job for a short while by papering over cracks but they show their ugly heads again...very soon.   So this isn''t the whole season.... but fingers, legs and private bits (sorry too much detail) are crossed that this is the springboard..

and that all my worries fears and dislikes can be put to bed...