Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Delia out....

[quote user="king canary"]Laps is one of those posters who very rarely comments on the actual football.[/quote]I can never find a stream.

Why do you not want her out? Are you saying that you want the Bananarama league or Paulton Rovers on a regular basis in a few years? Because that is what you are going to get mate. Do you want to face treason charges or something?

Where is the list with the names? I am desperate to get on it.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="king canary"]Laps is one of those posters who very rarely comments on the actual football.[/quote]I can never find a stream.[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="hogesar"]The problem is its hard for anyone with an ounce of integrity or intelligence to get on board with the Delia Out brigade when the most vocal either wish her dead or claim she''s stuffing thousands from every transfer down the back of her sofa.[/quote]Even more so hogesar, when one has openly proclaimed that he is looking forwards to City going into administration just to gain "revenge" on Delia, and another admits that he has not been to his game since 2005![/quote]
It''s a bizarre world but some people need a negative to latch onto to ignore whatever is going on in other areas of life.
As for people not attending games - some claim that''s the way to go to really ''stick it to Delia'' because it''ll ''hit her where it hurts'' i.e financially. The reality is all it does is hit the clubs finances, not her own. So are those protesting by not going to games as good fans as those who actually financially, physically and emotionally support the club? The answer is no, they''re not. And if we did get promoted under Delia again, the majority would come back. Which kind of makes their protest a little silly.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Where is the list with the names? I am desperate to get on it.[/quote]This thread is it Vinnie.....[quote user="Coneys Knee"]I''m up for a pub meet with like minded individuals in the first instance.[/quote]There''s two of you now and we''re only on the third page. [Y]

[quote user="Big Vince"]Okay Mr Keyboard Expert, instead of advising what others should do, what are you going to do about it?[/quote]Physician, heal thyself…

king canary wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 4:06 PM:

Laps is one of those posters who very rarely comments on the actual football.

Yep. 13,500 posts and I can’t ever remember reading one that actually has an opinion or brings something to the debate

[quote user="JF"]Yep. 13,500 posts and I can’t ever remember reading one that actually has an opinion or brings something to the debate[/quote]I did one somewhere around 2012 I think it was. Just put my name into the search box, you should be able to find it.

I’ve looked but all I can find is post after post of ‘we’re doomed’ pant wetter!

[quote user="JF"]I’ve looked but all I can find is post after post of ‘we’re doomed’ pant wetter![/quote]Blimey, never been called that before.Anyway, this thread is about Delia Out, are you putting your name down?

lappinitup wrote the following post at 12/01/2018 5:15 PM:

JF wrote:

I’ve looked but all I can find is post after post of ‘we’re doomed’ pant wetter!

Blimey, never been called that before.

Anyway, this thread is about Delia Out, are you putting your name down?

Most definitely. But I don’t ‘do’ pubs anymore. If we can meet in costa then I’m there

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="mighty yellow"]How do we get started?[/quote]Simple really.Just organise a meeting of similar minded folk, elect a leader and then work out a plan of action. The possibilities are endless. The "Chase Out" lot didn''t have the luxury of social media and mobile phones so the call to arms should be easy. Don''t think St Andrews would be big enough though, probably have to rent the showground.......[/quote]

Okay Mr Keyboard Expert, instead of advising what others should do, what are you going to do about it?[/quote]Having been on holiday last week i am just having a catch up with the Pinkun and this thread caught my eye as having been involved at close quarters back in the day of the Chase campaign if anybody wants any pointers with this campaign just get in touch. Mind you as Lapps has already said there was no social media or mobile phones to rally support 20 odd years ago. It was boots on the ground and nobody was able to hide their identity behind a keyboard. It achieved the aim without all that nonsense so today it should be a walk in the park.

Surely we just need a reputable fan to buy her out? Til has volunteered to front the consortium, now let’s see who’ll pledge what to the fund?

I’ll chuck a fiver in to get you started.👍

Oh well don''t say i did not try to move this campaign along and thanks for the offer Duncan but looks as though you will be able to put that fiver towards getting your own season ticket.

It''s simple.  Get every season ticket holder to take out a  £2000 loan to cover four years season ticket, put the money (£44m) collectively into a fans trust and use it to buy out DS and MJW.  With fans in charge of the club, give free season tickets for four years and the money would effectively have been repaid.  Result - fans in charge of club at no overall cost to anyone.  Bingo.  (I''m sure there is a flaw in there somewhere [;)] )

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The first flaw is that there is already a fans trust Lakey.[/quote]Yes but as the power behind the throne in that fans'' trust if I say it should throw its weight and its shareholding behind LDC''s masterful plan then that is what will happen.

One massive flaw, where’s the revenue coming from for the next 4yrs?

If the £44m is used to pay off Delia and MWJ they have just banked £44m, therefore none of that goes to the club, what will the club survive on for the next 3yrs?!

Plus I’m a season ticket holder who is now in debt by £2k, with a loan interest to pay.....

Great plan LDC, but it’s a no from me 😂

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]One massive flaw, where’s the revenue coming from for the next 4yrs?

If the £44m is used to pay off Delia and MWJ they have just banked £44m, therefore none of that goes to the club, what will the club survive on for the next 3yrs?!

Plus I’m a season ticket holder who is now in debt by £2k, with a loan interest to pay.....

Great plan LDC, but it’s a no from me 😂[/quote]

How will the club survive for without the income?  Easy. Ask Delia for a loan.....[:O]

How about we just look for owners that are proactive and ambition and are willing to invest in the playing squad, rather than hanging onto an inheritance gift for their nephew?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]How about we just look for owners that are proactive and ambition and are willing to invest in the playing squad, rather than hanging onto an inheritance gift for their nephew?[/quote]Assuming your father or uncle has a business, are you suggesting everything he leaves should be left to his employees and his customers rather than you?

As a slight aside and a question I don''t know the answer to, what happens say if the club racks up say £20m debt over the few years and the worst happens to DS/MWJ, would nephew Tom inherit that debt? What would happen if he doesn''t want it? Poison chalice? Just wondering.

“Assuming your father or uncle has a business, are you suggesting everything he leaves should be left to his employees and his customers rather than you?“

A football club would never be left to it’s employees or customers. No idea on Earth how you’ve come to that conclusion. In fact, I have absolutely no idea the point you’re trying to make?

The Smith Stadium, Tom''s Top o'' the Terrace, 3 points for a Wynn Wine Bar.......Delia''s Din Dins Diner.....Foulger''s Finger Lickin'' Chicken, Ed''s edible eatery......The list/menu is endless......It''s their personal train set and they can do whatever they so well wish with their business......

Supporters''.......Know your place.......