Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Farke

I am starting to warm to this guy after being one of his biggest critics. I still not a fan of his appointment and would have preferred a Warnock type appointment but he is grinding out results in very very difficult circumstances. I don''t like his style of play and there will be more departures but he keeps a smile on his face

He''s shown himself to be adaptable which is a huge positive. Still needs to show he can get the attack going more though- averaging one goal a game isn''t sustainable long term.

His defence is looking strong, he has good options in midfield, but he needs to sign at least two good strikers, and then we might just have an outside chance of making the play offs.

Exactly, and to be fair we have actually got two strikers who should both be more than competant at this level but with the injuries and Nelson''s complete loss of form/interest or whatever it is Farke has done pretty well IMO.But would love to see a couple of young strikers brought in/given a chance.

Not o Webber still hasn’t done anything than spout shite at the AGM, Farke is definitely an improvement on Neil, 100% better.

We''ve got 10 points from the last 4 league matches and also earned a trip to Stamford Bridge, so it''s perhaps not just one result.

Tactically we were excellent against Chelsea and Farke has to take all the credit for that. He''s winning be over and he''s the best bet we likely to have in our current state.

He''s learning fast about the Championship and he''s also going to have to do the same about the Prem if he gets us there. Hopefully the second half of the season will be much more solid with the x2 wing backs and x3 centre backs.

The transfer window will then show what value Webber has... Currently I think he''s a blagger...Nice to see the old guard move on and cut that stale legacy regardless.

I do think Farke is proving to be pretty good. I suppose he was Webber''s man but I''m less convinced by him so far though happy to come around. The last window was really all about getting shot of deadwood - people seemed to give Webber the credit for that but it was well in train before AN left, having been mostly down to what he had inherited.

I’m very happy with DF. Even when we had the poor spell, I recognised we had a few key players out that made that massive difference in our unbeaten run. And since they’ve come back, it’s proven to be the case. Disappointed to see Pritchard go, granted, but it’s the same at pretty much every single club if playing at the top and earning more money becomes possible. I have no doubt we’d have kept him had it been DF’s sole choice. This transfer window is crucial to our fate I feel, a couple of clever signings who hit the ground running could make all the difference to our season.

I know he''s come into the role with his eyes wide open, but his comments at the press conference after selling Pritchard suggested he wasn''t happy with the sale (why would he be?!).

So if Klose, Oliveira, Jerome, Martin and Naismith and, dare I say, Maddison all leave in January, his relationship with Webber is really going to be tested - as is Webber''s with the fans.

And, to be honest, I do see at least 3 of them going...

[quote user="Woodman"]I know he''s come into the role with his eyes wide open, but his comments at the press conference after selling Pritchard suggested he wasn''t happy with the sale (why would he be?!).

So if Klose, Oliveira, Jerome, Martin and Naismith and, dare I say, Maddison all leave in January, his relationship with Webber is really going to be tested - as is Webber''s with the fans.

And, to be honest, I do see at least 3 of them going...[/quote]

I really dont see Maddison leaving unless there is a stupid bid i.e over 20m. The distrust created after the comments about not needing to sell would cause massive damage between club and fans in terms of trust. It''s already been tested with the Pritchard sale. i think the people running the club are bright enough to realise they would struggle to get away with another this window.

The sales of either or all of Klose, Jerome and Nelson, would require replacements and i think most fans could see both pro''s and cons to doing deals for those three for lots of differing reasons, so may be abit more understanding.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Does make you think, why did he come here ?   We''ve got no money and he''s got to cut the wage bill. [/quote]However good or bad we might be as a Championship club it''s one hell of a promotion from being in charge of Dortmund''s reserves. I expect he''s grateful to be given the chance to see what he can do at our level.

I’m not in the camp who think top 6 is possible, to t would be lovely but very unlikely.

I’m not even convinced we’ll be fighting for a top 6 place in the near future, far too many clubs a this level with far bigger budgets.

But with the right players this system Farke is playing can be attractive with results. We’ll always be tough to be beat, get a few results.

Tactically a far better manager than Neil, getting more out lesser players and shutting the door to those not committed no matter what they might cost.

Nice guy to boot.

To be fair I believe Pritchard was always off in January, especially when he regained full fitness. He only came to us as he seen us as a better chance to play in the Prem... If only he had hindsight.

We''re only 6 points off the play offs and if we can maintain consistency I think it''s very achievable.

The only reason we''re not there now is due to a lack of consistency, which is possibly a combination of Farkes learning curve & availability of fit players etc.

If we don''t achieve it this year I think we''ll have a young & lean squad assembled by the end of the summers transfer window which will only help to achieve success!

Ive consistently said i think hes a very good coach, and comes across as intelligent as far as football is concerned too.

The reality is he isnt doing badly when you consider the amount of changes at the club and on top of that is trying to implement a new playing philosophy. People complain about us being too defensive at the moment but the reality is when you look at the wasted chances from Oliviera and co, had they been scored it would barely have been mentioned. Also, its going to take longer than half a season to see it working at full swing*

*which may or may not still be good enough, but lets give it a go ''eh?

P.p.s those complaining about the short little ''tippy tappy'' passes we do (thinking city 1st here) would be wise to watch our first goal again. It was the triangular short one touch passing that dragged Bristol from one side to the other and then opened up Vrancic to play a brilliant ball to Pinto.

He’s a good coach. He’s had to learn on the job but I think he has learnt. Technically we play decent football. Not his fault we appointed a novice in what is an important season. I think we will continue to become a more cohesive unit so long as we don’t sell too many players and we will be there or thereabouts for the top six. Whether we can give it a real go probably depends on injuries and who else we sell.

Farke is intelligent, passionate and honest. He is trying to implement a new system that he believes will deliver success to Norwich City and he is grateful to be given the opportunity to show what he can do.

He isn''t helped by inheriting a squad, many of whom thought they were too good for the Championship, and by the lack of finance the bring in the type of players he wants. So it is a case of two steps forward and one step back.

I believe we should give him our backing, even if it takes a couple of years to sort out a decent side, and show some patience, especially as we will be playing younger players over the next two seasons. I think there is potential for Farke to become a top coach.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]To be fair I believe Pritchard was always off in January, especially when he regained full fitness. He only came to us as he seen us as a better chance to play in the Prem... If only he had hindsight.

We''re only 6 points off the play offs and if we can maintain consistency I think it''s very achievable.

The only reason we''re not there now is due to a lack of consistency, which is possibly a combination of Farkes learning curve & availability of fit players etc.

If we don''t achieve it this year I think we''ll have a young & lean squad assembled by the end of the summers transfer window which will only help to achieve success![/quote]
This lack of consistency is what you get with young footballers. Hopefully after this season some patience will return.

We look to be moving towards blooding youngsters from the Academy for the foreseeable future with greater emphasis being placed on them so surely this lack of consistency will continue into next season and beyond as anybody making the grade will be sold to keep up the balancing the books mantra Nutty ?

This is my point Tilly.

But I think next season supporters will show more patience. Despite what was said pre-season it seems top six was the expectation this time.

Well Ed Balls was expecting and hoping for promotion as he forecast a financial $hitestorm if it was not achieved this season as i recall.

We''ll I''m surprised you set so much store by that Tilly.

Chase said if Sutton wasn''t here next season he wouldn''t be. Super Chris wasn''t and big fat Bob was...

McNally said relegation would be worse than death. We were relegated and McNally''s still alive...

When i think of what DF has had to contend with in his first 6 months, a huge shake up of players coming / going, which continues in this 2nd crazy transfer window for him, so making it very hard to build a regular, solid cohesive unit, added with a string of injuries, at same time building a playing philosophy style he believes in, same time coming to England and the Championship to lets face it is the most competitive division in all of Europe plus...amidst all this change and upheaval having most fans, i believe, still on his side...i cannot think of another manager / head coach who could have done a better job.Appreciate his honesty, admire his responsibility (calling his team "my lads") and after 6 months in the role i have more faith in his ability than i had in the summer, which even then i had the feel of a good un.Yes he knew what he was taking on, much of what is happening at the club is the club''s call, not his, and in him i see he has a vision, which, after 18 months of AN who got lost in the fog, its a bright new dawn for me.Once again, with this window, with losing players thru transfers and likely suspensions / injuries, added to a run of 6 or 7 very tough league games coming up, the moaning minnies of our fans may have new ammo to play with, but dont shoot it at DF, coz hes on our side.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well Ed Balls was expecting and hoping for promotion as he forecast a financial $hitestorm if it was not achieved this season as i recall.[/quote]Saying and hoping are not the same as expecting. People in football say all sorts of optimistic things for public consumption that should only be taken literally by the very young and the charmingly gullible. I do not remember Bowkett being anything but equally upbeat in public with his hopes, whatever he thought privately.I am with Hogesar (not great surprise there, as he seems to be quite sensible for one so annoyingly young) but - worryingly - also with crazed Brexiter  Rock The Boat and Jim "I say I understand the financial constraints but I always ignore them whenever I post" Smith.*This, as said before, is a long-term consolidation project, probably  initiated by the afore-mentioned Balls. It needs, as said before, to be given time, and so, as said before, do the individuals, such as Webber and Farke, within it.*That is exaggeration for dramatic effect and slightly - only slightly - unfair on Jim Smith.