Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Tyronne Ebuehi.

I''m sorry but if you can get the player to the club to watch a game the deal can be done, I''m guessing the finances weren''t right for the player or maybe seeing our best player sold made him think twice about where the club are heading, whatever the reason and regardless of the fact he''s now joined benfica we could have had him if we really wanted him.

I don''t think it is really up to us. Agents have a lot of power and contacts and use clubs like us to shop-window their assets.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]I''m sorry but if you can get the player to the club to watch a game the deal can be done, I''m guessing the finances weren''t right for the player or maybe seeing our best player sold made him think twice about where the club are heading, whatever the reason and regardless of the fact he''s now joined benfica we could have had him if we really wanted him.[/quote]
No we couldn''t. Not if he wanted to play for Benfica.

Ebuehi didn''t come to Norwich, his agent did - Ebuehi may not have been aware that was even happening, agents will speak to many clubs without their clients prior knowledge, just to find out what the options are.

Ridiculous to say that Norwich could have got the player over Benfica.

He wasn''t here, he has confirmed that and was posting pictures from Turkey on Instagram on the day of the game he was reported to be watching.

Ruben Neves'' agent works for Wolves, I think using that as a comparison is pretty rocky ground. Anyway, he is being signed from a Dutch team to a team who are regular participants in the Champions League. Losing out to them really isn''t a surprise or anything to do with Norwich selling Pritchard.

And that would have been a profoundly stupid thing to do - Ebuehi is a good talent (which is why Benfica wanted him) but Norwich shouldn''t be throwing money at players to tempt them away from one of the largest clubs in Europe.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Old Shuck"]We don''t want a player, any player, who "goes where his agent tells him".

We want them to WANT to play for us.[/quote]

Not according to a few on here.[/quote]You can still want to play for a club and at the same time recognise it is a step up from where you were before and that it could be a step towards playing at an even bigger club. The two aren''t mutually exclusive!

I shared on page 2 I think that Benfica were in for him so no surprises whatsoever that he’s signing for them. He’s a young international and probably wants to stay in a league which is more prominent and increases his chances of playing not only for his country, but in the Champions League as well. It’s an absolute no brainer, and he’s not a Norwich supporter or anything, though I’m not surprised some can’t look at this rationally - it was never going to happen once Benfica came in!