Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Tyronne Ebuehi.

Very impressive if we have got him on a bosman . Would like this club confirmed soon if true.

Plenty of choppy waters yet but there are signs that we should be encouraged for next season.

It wouldn''t be in their interest to let him to us on loan- all I can imagine is they might accept a fee to move 6 months earlier.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Ado Den Haag defender Tyronne Ebuehi has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement to sign for Norwich City.

According to Voetball International, via OwnGoalNigeria, Ebuehi has agreed a deal to join Norwich when his contract at Ado Den Haag expires.

Ebeuhi’s deal lasts until the end of the current season, when he will become a free agent on July 1st.

The report claims that instead of becoming a free agent, he will become a Norwich City player as soon as his contract ends.

http://readnorwich.com/2018/01/10/ebuehi-signs-pre-contract-agreement-with-norwich/

Bit worrying - we need cover now![/quote]Well, having seen NewsNow display ReadNorwich''s story, then seen Voetball story, then the OGNigeria story, you get to see OGN are saying "reports from the Netherlands" that are unnamed, and also these reports are only "of the opinion" that Ebuehi has signed this pre contract agreement. Way to many loose strings there, nowhere near concrete enough to make it definite, although it could be likely, given he was supposedly at the Chelsea game.

..rapidly followed by this!

Ebuehi’s representatives were at Carrow Road for Saturday’s goalless FA Cup draw with Chelsea, while the player was with his current club’s winter break tour party in the Turkish town of Belek.

Ebuehi is actually believed to have taken in the Canaries’ win over Millwall a few days earlier.

However, reports in Dutch magazine Voetbal International via Nigerian sources that the 22-year-old right-back has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Norwich – given he is a free agent come the summer – are not true.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-tyronne-ebuehi-transfer-rumours-pre-contract-agreement-talk-premature-1-5349532

Isn''t January wonderful?

[quote user="ron obvious"]Ado Den Haag defender Tyronne Ebuehi has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement to sign for Norwich City.

Bit worrying - we need cover now![/quote]"reports in Dutch magazine Voetbal International via Nigerian sources

that the 22-year-old right-back has already signed a pre-contract

agreement with Norwich – given he is a free agent come the summer – are

not true.

In fact, Fifa rules only allow pre-contract agreements to

be signed by players over the age of 23 – meaning it wouldn’t be an

enforceable piece of paper anyway."

However, we are in talks with his agents Ron........

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-tyronne-ebuehi-transfer-rumours-pre-contract-agreement-talk-premature-1-5349532

No worries lapps, it''s something I often find happening to me.

I put it down to the synchronicity of great minds as we surf the dialectic of the world wide websphere ... :-)

I dunno about you, but as far as Tyronne is concerned I''m more confused than ever :-(

With Ebuehi I wouldn''t be surprised if he isn''t entirely sure which clubs his representatives have spoken to. Often the case in this situation where the player will be available cheaply in the summer (not free, there will be some compo to pay as he is under 23).

His agents will go to a bunch of clubs and get a range of offers for the player to think about - all about finding out who is interested and what they are likely to pay.

I wouldn''t be surprised if we never heard of him again (in the context of Norwich).

So we can''t sign a binding pre-contract agreement with him yet its now all over the media we are in talks with him. Ripe for the hi-jacking this one i''d say!

Jim, of course it''s probably agent tapping to either get more money or a better club. If Norwich pull this off it''s a good signing, especially if we don''t go up and have to move Pinto on. I hope it doesn''t mean that though, Pinto is awesome and Ebuehi will be great for the future.

Once Norwich have a sustainable wage bill then they will be in a far stronger position to hold onto players than they currently are - especially if the players aren''t earning Premier League size packages and need to be sold.

If Norwich manage to increase the value of players, that means they are playing well, and if they are playing well it usually means Norwich are doing well - which is the ultimate aim.

All apart from the top few clubs can resist selling their players when a large club comes calling and Norwich doing so is no different.

"Exactly the type of signing Webber wants and will look to do moving forward.

Highly rated on a low fee, or in this case a bosman. 12-18 months with us to show his potential and move on for a few £million. "

Why do you say this like it is a bad thing? I don''t get it? Signing players for not much who play well enough to increase their value is a really really really good thing.

It is the kind of signing Webber wants because he doesn''t have the budget to sign players for more.

[quote user="king canary"]"Exactly the type of signing Webber wants and will look to do moving forward.

Highly rated on a low fee, or in this case a bosman. 12-18 months with us to show his potential and move on for a few £million. "

Why do you say this like it is a bad thing? I don''t get it? Signing players for not much who play well enough to increase their value is a really really really good thing.

It is the kind of signing Webber wants because he doesn''t have the budget to sign players for more.[/quote]

Depends how you look at it. I''d rather the focus was on putting a team together that can achieve promotion, rather than sign players based on their potential sell on fee.

I''d like a core of players put together with the emphasis on keeping them together for 3/4 years. Players signed that will give their best years to Norwich City and achieve success and money through promotion.

But those two things go hand in hand for me.

For players to have good resale value they have to play well. Unless you want us signing more Naismith types with ''proven quality'' but no resale value of course.

If you''re issue is with us having to sell players or buy them cheap then your ire is directed in the wrong direction- it is the owners you need to be looking at.

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 10/01/2018 3:09 PM:

Once Norwich have a sustainable wage bill then they will be in a far stronger position to hold onto players than they currently are - especially if the players aren''t earning Premier League size packages and need to be sold.

If Norwich manage to increase the value of players, that means they are playing well, and if they are playing well it usually means Norwich are doing well - which is the ultimate aim.

All apart from the top few clubs can resist selling their players when a large club comes calling and Norwich doing so is no different.

Huddersfield are hardly large!! If this season hadn’t been so poorly managed and we were in with a chance of promotion we wouldn’t be selling to clubs like Huddersfield

It’s the sales coming towards the end of two almost completely wasted seasons that is so galling. I think every fan accepts that if you come down from the prem and your parachute payments run out then you need to sell to balance the books and cut the wage bill, especially with our owners’ stance. However I think we also have a right to expect at least a vaguely decent attempt to get back up during those two seasons. We wasted last season through poor decision making and inertia and we appear to be close to chucking in the towell again here with 20 games to go.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Once Norwich have a sustainable wage bill then they will be in a far stronger position to hold onto players than they currently are - especially if the players aren''t earning Premier League size packages and need to be sold.

All apart from the top few clubs can resist selling their players when a large club comes calling and Norwich doing so is no different.[/quote]

Bethnal,

It seems from your posts that you have an inside track on the machinations of the transfer market etc and the likely level of prevailing remuneration packages.

Therefore, do you have an informed view on which players need to leave to ensure we have a sustainable wage bill?

[quote user="king canary"]But those two things go hand in hand for me.

For players to have good resale value they have to play well. Unless you want us signing more Naismith types with ''proven quality'' but no resale value of course.

If you''re issue is with us having to sell players or buy them cheap then your ire is directed in the wrong direction- it is the owners you need to be looking at.[/quote]

No, I want us to buy Grant Holt types. Quality with little resale value.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It’s the sales coming towards the end of two almost completely wasted seasons that is so galling. I think every fan accepts that if you come down from the prem and your parachute payments run out then you need to sell to balance the books and cut the wage bill, especially with our owners’ stance. However I think we also have a right to expect at least a vaguely decent attempt to get back up during those two seasons. We wasted last season through poor decision making and inertia and we appear to be close to chucking in the towell again here with 20 games to go.[/quote]Jim, despite all that happened last season, we finished  8th on 70 points, which can be definitely classed as a vague and decent attempt, just 2 or 3 more wins would have had us in the play offs. As for finding it hard thru the 2 parachute payment seasons and beyond, just look at the division we are in...its littered with ex Prem clubs trying to find their way back there....and most failing.

"No, I want us to buy Grant Holt types. Quality with little resale value. "

Yes, we were all crying out for a journeyman league 1 ex tyre-fitter who''d never done anything much anywhere.

For every grant Holt there are 20 Antoine Sibierskis.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ...

[quote user="ron obvious"]"No, I want us to buy Grant Holt types. Quality with little resale value. "

Yes, we were all crying out for a journeyman league 1 ex tyre-fitter who''d never done anything much anywhere.

For every grant Holt there are 20 Antoine Sibierskis.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ...[/quote]

No but there are plenty of 24-29 year olds in league one and the championship that could be bought and moulded into team capable of being successful. Players at an age where they’ll peak playing for Norwich, and the football on the pitch benefits.

Just like the lambert and McNally era.

But no, Webber’s first priority is potential resale value of individual players, and buying and selling well before their peak. Success may come off the back of it, but I doubt it. Too much uncertainty and disruption resulting in short term team benefit.

All of Webber''s first team signing so far have been between 24 and 29. There has been little or no sign of Webber doing what you are actually talking about and again, is there a huge issue with him signing talented young players who will increase in value? The methodology you espouse is what Hughton/Neil and McNally tried and guess what, it failed, miserably.

While Norwich''s outgoings in wages etc are at an unsustainable level there will have to be sales, if he can balance the books then we could see an entirely different approach. You sound like you want Norwich to bankrupt themselves lavishing high fees and wages on players.

You know nothing of his long term plans or strategy and harp on from a place of ignorance.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Very impressive if we have got him on a bosman . Would like this club confirmed soon if true.

Plenty of choppy waters yet but there are signs that we should be encouraged for next season.[/quote]

For players under 24 - are they free if they move between countries or is their some sort of "development" compensation?

Why does the Pinkun use a random photo of Farke and Webber on every story about Ebuehi? Not hard to find an actual picture of the guy himself online!

More importantly, I''m guessing the Pritchard deal gives us the funds to bring him in now if we want to do that; Assuming he''s sold on joining us in July on a free, I imagine £100k or so would be enough for his current club to let him go sooner. The fact that we''re apparently offloading Wildschut and Martin certainly suggests Webber has an immediate replacement lined up already.

[quote user="Diane"]Latest interview with the player suggests this might not happen[/quote]

I mis read his earlier interview when he said "the offer was not very good"

I assumed this was his response to ncfc, but it''s in reference to the offer his club have made to him.

Concerned he''s quite vocal, and maybe using this to get a better deal at current club

I think the potential of Champions league football with one of the famous clubs of Europe maybe a temptation as well. It''s not always about ''little old Norwich'' not paying.