Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

NCFC favourites to sign the ‘Mini Messi’

Interesting...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-tottenham-marcus-edwards-transfer-rumour-1-5356065

Sounds interesting if not the first position to fill.

Fingers crossed it''s not a Kane repeat

Struggling to see the logic with this one if true. We’ve got Hoolahan and Cantwell as cover for Madders. No doubt this kid is a decent player but really feel some proper pace up front and on the wings should be a priority.

Blimey, that would upset a few on here, given how the transfer of Pritchard was not only the end of Norwich City as a  footballing force but it demonstrated the callous contempt the board has for the poor much put upon City fansps quite remarkable how quiet it has been with regard to possible signings - usually this forum is clogged up with the gormless regurgitating what some 17 year old spotty intern at the Sun has made up

One would suppose this would be to fill the Pritchard space in the team; though, being as we''ve spent most of the season without him anyway I can think of a few positions I''d prefer taken care of first.Still, nice to have some ''in'' rumours around.

Cheers for the clicky, Eddie 👍

Jim, it’ll make perfect sense should it be part of an agreement with Tottenham for Madders to go the other way, though admittedly you’d think they’d just loan him back to us rather than loan us one of their kids for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Struggling to see the logic with this one if true. We’ve got Hoolahan and Cantwell as cover for Madders. No doubt this kid is a decent player but really feel some proper pace up front and on the wings should be a priority.[/quote]

He typically plays wide right, so basically the position Pritchard just vacated. He''s an outstanding talent though so if Norwich can get him they should.

It seems we have got him so I hope he does well. I want to see a couple of other signings as well though!

City1st, I don''t really see how signing a player without a single senior appearance on loan for 4 months redresses the balance of selling one of our two best players, but you crack on with the blind optimism mate.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Struggling to see the logic with this one if true. We’ve got Hoolahan and Cantwell as cover for Madders. No doubt this kid is a decent player but really feel some proper pace up front and on the wings should be a priority.[/quote]who says it isn''t /the timing of transfers does not necessarily equate to the priorityno doubt the club are waiting to see what happens with Olive and Cam before moving on their targetsthis signing is no doubt moved by the outgoing Pritchard and Wildschutt

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/marcus-edwards-truth-behind-pochettino-13999084.amp

Some background on him here. Suggests perhaps they think a spell with us may help sort him out. Not sure how I feel about that but I suppose if we can prove ourselves a as a good place for players like this to come and play and improve their attitudes then in our new “Self funding” world having access to players on loan from teams like Spurs could be useful.

[quote user="king canary"]Well that didn''t take long[/quote]The signing or the negative comments?

Selling one of our brightest talents for a paltry £12m and replacing him with a teenager on loan without a single senior appearance to his name? The fire sale continues, as the owners clearly continue to downsize for a future in League One.What a shambles.You couldn''t make it up.[:D]

Not a bad loan signing, might be good for a season long loan next year.

Do we have Gunny for two seasons or just this one? I remember someone saying it was a two season loan.

I think it''s a fiasco. Signing players, I mean, do Spurs not know we are in a huge downward spiral that will see us playing Lowestoft within a few years? We''ll ruin the poor lad in the few months he''ll be here.

People need to look at things in the round, at the end of the window, not as one comes in and one goes out.

He''s had a badty injury and things stalked a little - hopefully any issues (if there are/were any) are just out of frustration and he''ll go well with us.

[quote user="STFU"]City1st, I don''t really see how signing a player without a single senior appearance on loan for 4 months redresses the balance of selling one of our two best players, but you crack on with the blind optimism mate.[/quote]

Does it not say that hasnt featured for the first team since 2016? So he had a first team appearance when he was 17, then had a bad injury. I see it as being potentially a decent signing filling that gap on the wide right we''ve had all season since wildschut has been a bit wildschit