Sign in to follow this  
If I had the wings of  a sparrow

What shocked me last night was

Safri & Marney having a competition to see who could go longest without touching the ball

Brennan playing like a player who new it was his last game for a while

Docherty on as right back for last 10 minutes

Deano for much of his time playing as a right winger cause we didn'' have one & trying to lump balls into an area he should have been.

Shackell being taken off when Flem was the one struggling.

Our inability to wear the right boots & we kept slipping over.

McVeigh being dropped after a great performance Saturday.

Apart from that me & my son had a wonderful evening.

Drury and Colin both look lost, Drury doesn''t mark his man and just hoofs it upfield, Colin only passes backwards, and as for his clearence for a corner last night!!!! the board must act now, Kevin Keegan will do till the end of season

And you know what you won''t be shocked in the future! He''ll continue dropping players who are on form etc. Worthless has lost his own belief in himself and probably now his players. Shouting at the top of his voice to the players  at half time isn''t going to make them play any better. Think he''s backed himself into a corner after last night. Still cant believe he dropped McVeigh after Saturdays performance. Lisbie won''t be here next month. Shocking tactics, shocking changes and a shocking display!

[quote]Drury and Colin both look lost, Drury doesn''t mark his man and just hoofs it upfield, Colin only passes backwards, and as for his clearence for a corner last night!!!! the board must act now, Kevin Ke...[/quote]

I have to agree that Keegan would probably do the trick. We know he likes to play exciting attacking football which isn''t right for the Prem but just remember what he did with Man City in this league. We''ve got some very talented attack minded players so the defencive weaknesses would be such a problem with Keegans preference for attack rather than defence.

I can''t see Keegan coming here but, even if he did, how would Hucks (and the senior palyers over whom he might have an influence) treat Keegan after the way that Hucks and Keegan parted.

I didn''t think the relationship between Hucks and Keegan was too bad. If I remember rightly Hucks thanked Keegan for making his transfer very easy. It was Keegan who plucked Hucks from Leeds Reserves and helped him regain his reputation as a very dangerour winger. To be fair he didn''t play much towards the end of his Man City career because better players had come in so I don''t think thats a problem for them. I could of course be way of the mark but I never noticed a major disliking between them for each other.

[quote]I didn''t think the relationship between Hucks and Keegan was too bad. If I remember rightly Hucks thanked Keegan for making his transfer very easy. It was Keegan who plucked Hucks from Leeds Reserves ...[/quote]

Hucks was never given anything but a brief outing  in Mancities  first team !  Keegan  is a complete loser as a manager , the directors threw money at him , and he threw it all away on a series  of " prem " players   , none of who  proved   anything but a liability  ,  such was Keegans  inflated ego  , he never once  gave Hucks  a run in the first team , even though Mancity were hurtling down into the relegation zone , to do that would be to admit he was wrong  all along !    thats why he fell over his arse to unload Hucks  , that way  he got rid of his  " problem "  , it came as NO surprise when  he did a runner when it was all going pear shaped  , he did the same  as an England manager ,  he is completely CLUELESS as a manager !!  to even think of him  being a Norwich manager ......  

I find it very very hard to imagine Hucks  wanting  anything at all to do with Keegan !    he may have  said polite things to the media  when he left , but underneath its more than likely  he wanted to kick  the c**p out of Keegan

[quote]Drury and Colin both look lost, Drury doesn''t mark his man and just hoofs it upfield, Colin only passes backwards, and as for his clearence for a corner last night!!!! the board must act now, Kevin Ke...[/quote]

You''re all mad! I''d rather have Megson back then getting Kegan in.

Keegan!? Are you having a laugh??

Let''s not forget he couldn''t do it at Man City having spent millions...

[quote]Safri & Marney having a competition to see who could go longest without touching the ball Brennan playing like a player who new it was his last game for a while Docherty on as right back for las...[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more with the original post.

Shackell was having a bad day at the office for sure, but Flemming put in one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen in 20 years of watching football. I''ve been defending Flem all season so far but last nights performance was a disgrace.

And as most of you know, I have also defended Worthington to death during the past few months - but dropping Paul McVeigh after the best attacking performance by any Norwich City player since we beat Man Utd last season is absolutely unbelievable.

What type of message does that send out to our players? Wait for months on end for your one opportunity - take it with open arms, score a goal, put in a man-of-the-match performance and then be dropped the following game for a striker on a months loan who''ll be on his way travels in three weeks time.

Nigel, you need to sort it out.

I think we have got a very good chance of getting Keegan,maybe not as outright manager straight away but as director of football. Would be great for attracting some top quality players.

Keegan? No thanks! I loved him as a player but hated him as a manager. He is no better tactically than Worthy (Man City only improved when they tightened up their defence, which coincided by them hiring Pearce), he is too emotional to be a real leader, his transfer record is much worse than Worthy''s even though he had much more cash to spend, he is disillusioned with the game anyway. He also loves playing players out of position and is ''strange'' with his substitutions. Sir Ferg made him look a total idiot too - he can''t take the pressure. I would rather have Worthington.