Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Yanic!

Here we go again:

"Yanic Wildschut makes a good first impression for Cardiff, bursting through the Sunderland defence and teeing up Kenneth Zohore."

If Yanic is a ‘typical Warnock player’ it augurs well for both him and Cardiff given Warnock’s preeminent record of getting teams out of the chumps.

He made lots of runs for us, usually with little to no end-product. It might look good but it doesn''t really do much for the team.

paul moy wrote the following post at 2018-01-13 6:22 PM:

Well at least we''ve not sold him..

Yet! Don’t really see him coming back here to not play!

To be fair, it''s probably easier to assist other players when there''s actually people in the box to pass it to...

[quote user="City 2nd"]paul moy wrote the following post at 2018-01-13 6:22 PM:

Well at least we''ve not sold him..

Yet! Don’t really see him coming back here to not play![/quote]... but if Cardiff can gain promotion due to his great efforts we can ask for good money.

Haha, brilliant stuff boys, if Warnock can improve him this much in less than 24 hours, imagine what a great player he will be when he comes back to us after his loan finishes!

But seriously, he laid on 3 great chances at Fulham in the first game of this season, then has done virtually nothing since.

Norwich have an unerring knack of turning decent players into dross.

Naismith, Wildschut and Watkins come instantly to mind - all reasonable goal scorers before Norwich bought them and blunted their effectiveness.

Still, it’s not all bad. As things stand, Gunn, Bennett, Johnson, Martin, Pilkington and Wildschut could all find themselves playing PL football next season........

[quote user="STFU"]Haha, brilliant stuff boys, if Warnock can improve him this much in less than 24 hours, imagine what a great player he will be when he comes back to us after his loan finishes!

But seriously, he laid on 3 great chances at Fulham in the first game of this season, then has done virtually nothing since.[/quote]

If Warnock was Manager of our Club instead of THE COMMITTEE think what an improvement that would be!!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="STFU"]Haha, brilliant stuff boys, if Warnock can improve him this much in less than 24 hours, imagine what a great player he will be when he comes back to us after his loan finishes!

But seriously, he laid on 3 great chances at Fulham in the first game of this season, then has done virtually nothing since.[/quote]

If Warnock was Manager of our Club instead of THE COMMITTEE think what an improvement that would be!![/quote]It''s the likes of Warnock and his predecessors that explain why England lags so far behind the rest of continental Europe. I''m quite happy persevering with THE COMMITTEE in the hope of yielding long-term gain from a distinct footballing philosophy that filters down from the first team to all levels of the Academy. Rather that than subscribe to disciples of the Charles Hughes school of football where we hump it long, get stuck in and rely on our Britishness to grind out results.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="STFU"]Haha, brilliant stuff boys, if Warnock can improve him this much in less than 24 hours, imagine what a great player he will be when he comes back to us after his loan finishes!

If Warnock was Manager of our Club instead of THE COMMITTEE think what an improvement that would be!![/quote]It''s the likes of Warnock and his predecessors that explain why England lags so far behind the rest of continental Europe. I''m quite happy persevering with THE COMMITTEE in the hope of yielding long-term gain from a distinct footballing philosophy that filters down from the first team to all levels of the Academy. Rather that than subscribe to disciples of the Charles Hughes school of football where we hump it long, get stuck in and rely on our Britishness to grind out results.[/quote]

You prefer the ''pretty stuff'' then Wolfie from one side of the field to the other but going nowhere! Players at our level will never have the skill to pass and move forward and if they do the same will happen to them as Pritchard and Maddison shortly. Like it or not we live at the level of hoof it and run!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="STFU"]Haha, brilliant stuff boys, if Warnock can improve him this much in less than 24 hours, imagine what a great player he will be when he comes back to us after his loan finishes!

If Warnock was Manager of our Club instead of THE COMMITTEE think what an improvement that would be!![/quote]It''s the likes of Warnock and his predecessors that explain why England lags so far behind the rest of continental Europe. I''m quite happy persevering with THE COMMITTEE in the hope of yielding long-term gain from a distinct footballing philosophy that filters down from the first team to all levels of the Academy. Rather that than subscribe to disciples of the Charles Hughes school of football where we hump it long, get stuck in and rely on our Britishness to grind out results.[/quote]

You prefer the ''pretty stuff'' then Wolfie from one side of the field to the other but going nowhere! Players at our level will never have the skill to pass and move forward and if they do the same will happen to them as Pritchard and Maddison shortly. Like it or not we live at the level of hoof it and run![/quote]I accept that the Championship isn''t the ideal place for a footballing purist, but that doesn''t mean you have to revert to hoof and rush to be successful. We need to be able to be direct sometimes, we need to be tough in the tackle, but having the basis of a sound footballing philosophy of treating the ball as a friend and caressing it around the pitch is surely something to aspire to? I''m not saying it doesn''t need tweaking, but I''m much happier persevering with this than I would be trying to get behind a Pulis or Warnock side. My first experiences of watching Norwich were in the late 1980s and early 1990s, when Stringer and Walker had us playing attractive, exciting, imaginative football. Sure it was largely 4-4-2 with wingers (Fox/Gordon/Phillips) getting crosses into the box, but even in those days we would sometimes play with a sweeper.I like the way Farke has given three at the back a bit more time, as Pinto is a natural wing-back (and Lewis is showing good signs in that regard too). There are promising signs beneath the frustration of over-reliance on sideways passing.

According to people who know more than me Derby, that ''pretty stuff'' created the space that created the goal against Bristol City. But maybe you know more than me too?