Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Jerome to Derby

Michael Bailey seems fairly certain on this one and reckons it could happen this week for about £2m.

While we''d certainly need to replace him, I''m perfectly OK with this one.

Not featuring much and isn’t in Farkes plans so best all round.

Certainly need to see a new striker either promoted from youth side or coming in to cover Oliveira, not so sure we can rely on Murphy or Watkins as a lone striker option.

Shame it hasnt worked out under Farke, excellent pro who I suspect will do very well at Derby and who I think is a little better than they have for their style of play.

Be sad to see him go, has served us well and I''m sure he''ll score a few at Derby., I wish him well.Am sure we will bring another striker in, essential that we do really.

I''m not hugely concerned about it, as we didn''t really have a clue of who would come in at the start of the season, but it is reasonably annoying that rumours about who we might sign don''t seem to be slipping out into the public domain just now! We''ve got nothing exciting to sink our teeth into regarding transfers, only with those who might leave the club (which, for the most part, we don''t want to think about too much!)The only one, really, has been Ebouhei. Which seemed more like agent/player doing some stirring so that he could get his move to Benfica.

Will be remembered (by me and hopefully most supporters) for some wonderful and important goals - none moreso than the opener at Wembley.

More bad news. Has certainly lost some confidence this season partly due to poor/non existent support. However still a far better all round striker than Oliviera.

Last I heard Rowett isn''t interested in recruiting new strikers ...

Nonethless, it''s probably best for him and us to frrshen things up. We''ll never forget that cheeky Wembley goal. Fond memories only.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Last I heard Rowett isn''t interested in recruiting new strikers ...

Nonethless, it''s probably best for him and us to frrshen things up. We''ll never forget that cheeky Wembley goal. Fond memories only.[/quote]and the 3rd against the binners in the playoffs

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]SHIRLEY this must mean we have at least, one CF coming in, over the next couple of weeks?[/quote]

You would think so, but I wouldn’t rule out Abraham etc getting promoted to the first team. Time will tell. As for CamJam, he’s played his part in NCFC history and I’ll wish him nothing but the best if he leaves.

Not sure why Derby want him but our own Chris Martin is in a similar position. He has only scored one league goal all season.

How about we swap him for Jerome?

I think we''ll miss him alot if he goes, however he''s probably on big wages and this is the last chance age wise for us to get any size of fee. Absolutely crucial he''s replaced properly, i thought we were short with two options let alone one option who looks alittle on the stroppy side.

We''d certainly need to replace him, but he has looked pretty ineffective all season.  I don''t think it''s down to the lack of support - Jerome a couple of years back had no problem causing lots of problems for defenders when chasing down long balls, this season he just hasn''t had the same impact.

Pretty much the same move from Derby as we made with Wilbraham a few years back. His value to them isn''t likely to be his goalscoring ability but to have him available to throw on in the dying minutes to boost a strikeforce, he''s your man.Our problem is there isn''t really a strikeforce for him to come on and boost here; he isn''t going to get a shedload of goals on his own, so the deal makes sense for both parties.IF! We get the right ones in the other way.

It''s worrying we''d be down to a single striker, so desperately need to announce someone new soon, especially if this goes through and NO gets crocked.

Surely if we''d have wanted to promote Abrams he''d have been sniffing around the subs bench by now?

[quote user="Hackedoff"]See Leeds are after Chris Martin on loan. I’d welcome him back[/quote]I doubt his current wages would fit with what we are trying to achieve

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="Hackedoff"]See Leeds are after Chris Martin on loan. I’d welcome him back[/quote]I doubt his current wages would fit with what we are trying to achieve[/quote]Derby haven''t been in the Prem recently though, so I can''t imagine Martin''s wages would be any higher than Jerome''s? If we sell Jerome and bring in Martin on loan until the end of the season, we have a proven goalscorer who already knows the club, and also give Webber and Farke six months to identify a replacement at non-panic-buy prices. I''d love to see Martin back here on loan.I love CamJam, his attitude and workrate are unsurpassed, but Martin is undoubtedly a more clinical finisher, and all those old accusations of him being ''lazy'' have surely been dispelled during his time at Derby and Fulham. Doubt it''ll happen, but I''d love it if it did.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect in a firesale it’s several out, and certainly none in of chump level performance such as Martin.[/quote]What about in reality, though?Actually scratch that, don''t know why I''m asking you... [:D]

Slightly odd one - love him as I do, Cam isn''t a PL striker so it is strange that a side looking in a decent position is going for him. Derby do seem to be ''stodgy'' and perhaps think they can utilise his pace onto long balls in the channels. Anything around £2m is good going, think it''s about what we paid and he''s 3+ years older.

I think in all the years I have been reading the board highland has never been positive once

as for martin I don''t know used to like him a lot but is he what we need

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="Hackedoff"]See Leeds are after Chris Martin on loan. I’d welcome him back[/quote]I doubt his current wages would fit with what we are trying to achieve[/quote]I take it you have seen his contract and know what wages he is on City1st ? [;)]

Add to that Til, I’m pleased City 1st knows the clubs financial strategy and what we’re trying to achieve, please tell us City 1st, what is the clubs wage budget for next season? 🤔😉